Team 1 Justin Credible

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by Logman, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Seeing the same thing here - tons of young ones on camera but no big boys. They are all locked w/does right now.

Heckler likes this.
  2. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I hope things change towards the tail end of the 2nd week of Nov. This has me a little discouraged.

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Have some faith, my man! They will get sick of their current girlfriends in a day or two and be back at it soon. I predict next week is on fire.

Planning to sit all day on Monday. I can't freakin' wait.

Logman and Heckler like this.
  4. archbunk

archbunk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in the same boat weather wise tomorrow with high winds. Might try to do a little spot and stalk. I'll try to get out tomorrow afternoon if weather permits. I took Monday off work and planning on sitting all day. I can shoot another buck with at least 4 points on one side or a doe. Still have to get my buck cut up and scored as well. I will probable post my measurements here since I have not measured any bucks that I have shot in the past. Have watched plenty of youtube in the past on it and I know there is a pinned post on the forum. Should be straight for since there is not much antler there to begin with, lol

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    If I had to guess, you're going to be right at the 50" mark, give or take. The hardest part will be your H mass measurements. On the left side you'll have to measure from the last tine to the tip of the beam and then divide it into 3 pieces and take your measurements there. On the right side you will do the same thing, but divide it into 4 pieces. They're going to be pretty close together and each one might only be an inch or so, but that's how you do it.

Looking at the pic I estimated 52, but it may be less depending on the beam mass.

6. archbunk

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I was debating just calling it a Fergie buck. The scoring practice will be good and ever inch can count in this contest so we will see what I come up with. As you stated the 4 mass measurements are going to be the "Tricky" part if there was one. Not like I have a bunch of stickers or drop tines to deal with.

7. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Monday looks like it will be an all-day sit for me as well. I have one spot that is perfect for an ESE wind. Don't get to many of those days so I guess that is where I am headed Monday! My hope is I can pull something BIG off the neighboring property that isn't hunted.

Justin and Logman like this.
  8. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't make it out this morning before the rain started, home with a sick kid.

Supposed to rain all day today into tomorrow morning then turn super windy. Looks like Sunday morning and Monday all day for me.

HuntinKB51 likes this.
  9. Ranbo

Ranbo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted yesterday morning and saw a couple young bucks on does but nothing big. Didn’t get to hunt the evening as i was on a tracking extravaganza. Will be in a tree Mon and Tue all day, not to be missed.

Blarney22 likes this.
  10. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Was the extravaganza successful?

11. Ranbo

Ranbo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am not permitted to fully answer that question at the moment as this was for Todd Graf. It will be on the show. I will say it was very interesting and you will enjoy it .

Logman likes this.
  12. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heading out in the morning to sit at a new stand we put up overlooking a ton of buck sign.

Blarney22 and HuntinKB51 like this.
  13. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was not able to get out this last weekend but I heard they were moving. My brother shot a nice buck on our farm last night, it was his first successful archery buck, super happy for him. Neighbor 1/2 mile down the road shot a really nice 8pt as well. Temp are dropping almost 30 degrees Thursday to Friday this week, heading up to capitalize on the big weather swing.

Logman likes this.
  14. sknox8

sknox8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got out for a fee hunt over the last few days. Seen a few small bucks and a bunch of does. Had a couple pics of the bigger bucks but all were at night. Will be out this afternoon. Did see a albino doe this morning, was a first for me. She stayed about 100 yards out but I did try to get a decent pic. 20221107_063136.jpg

Logman likes this.
  15. sknox8

sknox8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Seen one of my shooters tonight but was never in range. Won't be able to get back out until next weekend. Good luck to the guys that arr making it out

16. archbunk

Dislikes Received:
    I missed a decent 8 point this morning. Shot right over his back. Saw a doe also but not in range. Will be back out Saturday hopefully

17. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I just can't seem to win this year! Took my son out to our lease this weekend. We hunted Sat afternoon and pretty much all day Sunday and just couldn't get the right deer in front of us. Passed a couple of fawns and a small fork horn.

I took the day off work to hunt local today - saw a couple dink bucks this morning, then saw our #1 shooter this afternoon. He came out at 75 yards while I was getting set up at 1:30. Bow on the ground, backpack on my back with nothing ready to film. By the time I got it all up in the tree and ready to go, he was gone. Then he showed up after dark on a trail camera almost a mile away.

Not sure if I'm going to hunt tomorrow morning or not. I feel like I need a rest, but also know I can't kill one if I don't get out there. So I'll probably drag my ass out of bed at 4 am and do it all over again....

Logman and sknox8 like this.
  18. sknox8

sknox8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What's your max range on a shot you would take on a relaxed deer? The buck I seen was at 72 and had no idea I was there. I practice out to 80 yards routinely but have never shot at a deer over 50.

19. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Starting to see some new deer during daylight. Crappy pic but here is another hog!!! I queued the HD pic for download. Hope to get a better look at him. Have to save the pic and zoom in to see it at all. To me that buck is so big it almost looks like a fake pic.
    865814041086016-100-4-11072022173450-W1015984.jpg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    Logman and sknox8 like this.
  20. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sat most of the day yesterday and only saw a fawn. Frustrating but I really don't think they are chasing on the property yet. Others on the property have taken single mature does and for sure haven't had bucks chasing them. Weird season for sure.

My time will come. Can't be in a stand until the weekend. Hopefully the chase is in full swing by then.