Slick Trick Magnum Test

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhuntr64, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Email them - the owner was super quick about getting back with me when I asked a question.

Honestly, you may have run into some situations that are anomalies in the broadhead blade world. I can't think of any others that have the shape of the ones you mentioned. It's been forever and a day since I've seen a Muzzy blade and I completely forgot they have that weird 90 degree bend in them.

I've used mine to sharpen some pretty small blades - both a Spitfire XXX and Nitron, without issues. So far, so good for me.

Mod-it likes this.
  2. Vols5151

Vols5151 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I’m arguing semantics here but to suggest that the size of the hole has absolutely no contribution to blood trails is just wrong. I agree that where you hit is far more important than the difference in broadhead diameter but to say anything regarding blood trails is due to “100% this” or “100% that” is bad information.

If you put a 2 1/4 inch hole into a deers heart vs a 1 1/4 inch hole in the exact same spot, the larger hole will bleed more. Will this equate to a better blood trail? Who knows…there are too many other variables.

Once again, I agree shot placement is the main factor in determining blood trails but there are still multiple other factors that contribute as well. The size of the hole/broadhead diameter being one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums