The Orion Syndicate (#12) - 2020 & 2021 Champions

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 31, 2020.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I used to film exclusively as much as I could. Never at the cost of the hunt but I really only have two hunts I’ve edited into anything. They’re on YouTube I’ll try grabbing links

2. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing special and not a professional video editor lol but here’s a couple

ash d and Team Haastyle like this.
  3. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Ty I’ll check them out later. Off to the tree soon.

fletch920 and Oldcarp like this.
  4. Team Haastyle

Team Haastyle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats man!!! Another one for the good guys!

MIHOYT89 and ash d like this.
  5. Team Haastyle

Team Haastyle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ash d likes this.
  6. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats MIHOYT on a nice buck! And LC, keep stacking 'em up like cordwood!

LittleChief likes this.
  7. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I understand Brett. I sure wish you could be here sometime during the next two weeks before gun season opens.

Good luck out there today!

8. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    I've got jerky in the new dehydrator and I'm about to start processing the doe I killed yesterday.

I've tried making jerky using my PitBoss pellet grill/smoker but it just doesn't turn out so I ordered an Excalibur dehydrator. Now I just need to find a recipe that is really good. This has become a priority because the farmer whose land I hunt in Kentucky wants some deer jerky.

9. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Didn’t feel like typing everything on my phone this morning now I’m home I can use the tablet. So I got to the tree I picked out and I knew it would be a close fit for the climber and of course the tree was to big so I ended up going to my pre hung spot about 60 yds away and left my climber at the bottom of the tree I was in. I was under dressed this morning. Temps said it was around 50 when I left maybe so but the wind made it feel a lot colder. When I was packing up the climber I spooked a deer I think it was the 4pt I saw earlier but not for sure. Walking out I found a good rub about 50 yds from my stand with a tree I can get my climber in. I kinda want to go back there tonight but probably best to let that area cool down for a couple days. Heading back to the property where I’ve killed 90% of my bucks. Hopefully I’ll be back up at 2.

LittleChief, tynimiller and fletch920 like this.
  10. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    For only seeing three deer the entire day that all day sit flew by. Now granted got down and headed to truck for quick water and five hour breaks it up but man for next to zero action felt good.

Think I found some of my groove back while up that tree today.

Two buttons at noon and then this buck about hour and half before dark was around me for a long time. Got some video footage of him too but attached a couple images

Attached Files:

ash d, cantexian, LittleChief and 2 others like this.
  11. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    My two Tactacam Reveal cameras across the road have been lighting up my phone since first light but there are no deer. Every pic has one or more squirrels.

I’m glad I’m not out there watching the latest episode of Squirrels Gone Wild.

MIHOYT89, ash d and fletch920 like this.
  12. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I want to get some squirrels in freezer, miss the young days where seemed every weekend we had some squirrel going in crock pot or on the skillet…something about trying to get every last morsel off a squirrel…

ash d and LittleChief like this.
  13. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    The guys in the cabin next to ours in Arkansas make squirrel and dumplings. I had never had it until I started going there, and good Lord you talk about something that tastes wonderful!

They do need to pay a little more attention to detail when they are deboning the squirrels after they’re cooked, but it’s still heavenly.

ash d, fletch920 and tynimiller like this.
  14. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    That's great Ty. I can honestly say that I have never done an all day sit, ever. It just is not in me to do it. 5 hours is pretty much my max. I always have a million other things that I think I should be doing and it starts weighing on me. I have never taken a week off for deer season either. I hunt near home, so it's too hard to avoid the office also. My goal for the next year or two is to get my new business to the point that I can bring in another Rep and be able to take off and hunt with my friends for a week during pre-rut. My favorite time to kill a mature buck is RIGHT NOW. They are starting to pound scrapes during shooting hours and you know they are not out in the middle of some big field locked down with a doe. Go kill 'em boys!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
    ash d, tynimiller and LittleChief like this.
  15. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Speaking of scrapes…that nice but young buck hit this thing four times. He would hit it, come feed on the cereal rye, go back and hit it more, eat more….

Attached Files:

ash d, LittleChief and fletch920 like this.
  16. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    A good, community scrape right now is almost a guarantee in our area to see nearly every buck in the neighborhood. My go to method for years was to move cameras to scrapes about the 20th of October and then hunt the scrape that had target bucks hitting it. The day after I got my first daylight pictures on the scrape was go time. I often killed that buck the first or second sit when the wind allowed it to be hunted. The next week is the best hunting in my opinion. Blind rattling and grunting right now can be very effective also. At least on our unpressured deer.

ash d likes this.
  17. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, Lady Forge put down a great buck yesterday evening that might put Team 6 within 50 points of us.

Time to do some killing/harvesting/whatever you want to call it. :lol:

18. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    she is a big buck killing machine

fletch920 and LittleChief like this.
  19. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well conflicted wind is actually staying decent yet zero action again this morning by this stand. Heard action just to NE but no stand to bump further. It is clear they’re right around tho, making me think matter of time.

But I missed a family thing last night and tonight is a trick or treat event out three year old is jacked up excited about and tomorrow is a family birthday dinner for MIL (whom I do love thankfully).

Don’t think I can justify as a husband and father missing all three. May pack up early today or not and won’t hunt tomorrow evening. Decisions decisions….

brought an apple and water for lunch so another all day hunt isnt out of the question but it isnt like i have tons of action - but this stand must have the rare nights east winds which we do and I keep thinking every hour of nothing just means this spot is due more for activity.

fletch920, ash d and LittleChief like this.
  20. farmer rick

farmer rick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fletch and Ty I agree now's the time to put time in the woods. Halloweens been my lucky day over the years. Seems I usually see or get a chance on one that day.
    Last evening had a 2 1/2 year old 8 point working mock scrape 15 yards away. Really like the easy shot chances they give you while they work the scrape.
    Had a new buck show up, pretty sure it's a 12 point. MUD_0506.JPG