Team 3 - PREDATOR vs PREY

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by Slugger, Aug 28, 2022.

1. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I spoke to the one property owner / farmer and he has advised me that there is a 500 lb bear roaming around. Near his bean field and corn field. As another hunter that has permission to hunt also, he was in his ground blind when it walked by him at 7 yards. This occured 2 days ago. (Saturday morning. ). Bear season comes in on 10/15/22. The farmer asked if I don't have a Bear tag to go get one. I told him I have one. I can only hope it walks by me.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
    Slugger and virginiashadow like this.
  2. NorthmanJW

NorthmanJW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I apologize for the absence gentlemen. I was always more involved in the past, I have hit snag in this years season. Finally after being all over the world I found the one, and she's lived 7 miles away for 25 years. Needless to say my time is being taken up, I will however be giving it hell this week to get a doe on the board atleast.

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! That's more important than any deer in history.

4. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Where is everyone at. How's everyone's season going?

5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Busted by a couple does this morning...4 sits so, seeing deer every sit. Have been debating of I could've/should've taken a shot at the doe behind me at 25yds this morning...will be trying to get a few more evening sits, but this work thing is cutting into my hunting time...

MUDSHARK and virginiashadow like this.
  6. Jensen

Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like we're all having a few things come up - bears, getting busted, work, etc. We'll get more points on the board here in the next few weeks, I can feel it! So far my season has been pretty darn good; I'm glad I got on that 10 and 8 last Thursday as this upcoming Thursday we have identical weather conditions with the tem drop and winds. I'm taking Thursday off and will set up to the west about 60 yards or so and praying that the 8 comes back out, biggest buck I've seen on public and he's definitely a mature deer. I wouldn't be opposed to shooting that 10 either but if he makes it another year he'll be a stud. Haven't had an opportunity at a doe yet and this particular spot will be very time consuming getting any deer out of and ill probably have to pack out vs drag out. Going to save a doe for the private or a less treterous piece of public.

7. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck man! Sounds exciting

8. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Well I ve had a great season compared to last season, last yr I missed a doe on opening day. I was embarrassed and didn't tell anyone until the last couple of weeks. So from the same stand as last yr on opening day I smoked a doe at about the same time I missed a doe last yr before, about 7 pm ish. I've seen some horns. But nothing legal. (3 up on one side not counting the brow tine is legal. )

I have since obtained additional ground to hunt on. Plus I've got a NY buck tag & /2 doe tags.

Last yr I didn't kill a deer all year. I'm eating jerky as I type.

Halloween is approaching and the bucks should move more. Can't wait. Good luck

virginiashadow likes this.
  9. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Keep it rolling! You have meat in the freezer and its not even mid October. Awesome. Rest is gravy on top. You are gonna shoot a good buck.

MUDSHARK likes this.
  10. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Thx Vs , your next bro. You are so close I can taste it for you.

11. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry it took me this long to post. I had an opportunity at a few more does on Friday evening.. sitting on a edge of a cornfield and an alfalfa field..30 minutes into the hunt I got an arrow in this deer at 20 yards...she ran into the timber and thought she ran back out into way field and I figured she would have tipped over on that side of the hill...I gave my dad a call to ask him to bring his tracking dog just incase and for practice...long story short we looked in the hay field for blood but never found the deer...dad was gonna give up and wanted to look in the light next day. I told him I wanted to check on last spot..there were 2 other huge does hanging in the same spot. Therefore I wanted to check that spot..needless to say we found the blood trail and the the dog finished the track and found the deer..Tip number 100 read the deer and other deer. Those 2 other does didn't want to leave that spot or there buddy behind. It was another successful hunt and I learned alot from this hunt. This doe is helped me fill the freezer with more burger..im done shooting does now and I will be chasing some bucks soon! Good luck to everyone else! Keep after it and good things will happen..keep practicing good scent control even if it's just one thing it will help..thats what I feel that has been working for me..i run an ozone generator every night after the hunt when I get..anyways enough from me...

Ps I'm still trying to figure out how to turn notifications on for whenever someone post...any help on that will be helpful..thanks much 20221007_224545.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Slugger, virginiashadow and Jensen like this.
  12. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Born. Hammering them early season! Good luck with the buck hunting.

Born2Hunt and MUDSHARK like this.
  13. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    congrats on the 2nd doe, she looks like a good one. long nose, she has a few years on her

Born2Hunt likes this.
  14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe. Notifications stopped working for me some time back…

Born2Hunt likes this.
  15. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Snow is coming on or around 10/18/22 & 10/19/22. Time to get the heater body suit out. Can't wait real cold temps.

16. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Scouted somemore today. Picked up some decent sign. Who knows what I'll get into once this rut heats up. These are all brand new spots to me.

Born2Hunt likes this.
  17. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hell yea. Couple more for the board. I have been on here as much as I can but a lot of my hunting spots I have had near zero cell service and not able to be active on here when I am hunting. I will keep you guys up to speed as much as I can. Still have a lot of hunting to do before Oct ends. I also have a 8 day hunt planned on public in Ky this year so I am in the works of finalizing some preps before I hit the road. Best of luck guys.

18. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Back locked up yesterday. If I can get up and out the door tomorrow I will be attacking two different buck beds, morning and afternoon. Good south to southwest winds and wet grounds plus high winds. I am gonna try to get within 40 yards or so.

MUDSHARK likes this.
  19. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be out first thing tomorrow morning. Should be a good sit.

20. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Let's kill one tomorrow Team 3!

MUDSHARK likes this.