Mystery ranch or stone glacier day pack

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by WhiteMike, Oct 1, 2022.

1. WhiteMike

WhiteMike Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Looking for recommendations for a quality day pack. I have en eberlestock long range pack that’s too big to use as an all day pack. Anybody try either one, or both? They are both also 150$+ more than an eberlestock day pack so I’m wondering if they are worth the extra cost.

2. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I ran a stone glacier sky 5900 for a few years. 5900 is definitely too big for a day pack, but regardless I thought it was a quality pack. If you like pockets and individual spaces to store things, stone glacier is not the answer. With their ultralight approach, they do not include many pockets. You can get hip belt pockets and some storage bags from them but they are not part of the bag. That being said, I sold my SG because I was experiencing a lot of hip pinch and I couldn't resolve it. I messaged them and never got any help. I switched to Kifaru, mainly because when I was having my SG issues Aron Snyder was on Instagram answering questions, I messaged him about my SG and he gave me tips to make it fit better. It actually worked, but I figured if he was willing to help me with a competitors pack, I can't imagine what he would do for his own packs... So I made the switch. I have been very happy.. nothing against SG but I would look at Kifaru. They have a ton of options.

WhiteMike likes this.
  3. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have had the Eberlestock x2 for a few years and it hasn’t given me any trouble. One of my sons has the mystery ranch and he really likes it. I don’t know which one he has. I know it will haul out a quartered deer. Here is a picture of him with it on

Attached Files: