11 year old son got a great buck!

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by bushnlo, Oct 2, 2022.

1. bushnlo

bushnlo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just wanted to share with everyone the beautiful 139 inch New Jersey buck my son shot with his crossbow !This is only his second season out hunting and he is a bowhunter in training.
    This being his second season in the woods and getting a kid to sit still and to move at the perfect time is no easy task . First season we hunted from ground blinds and some tough days of scaring deer from the tree stand.
    By the end of the season last year he was starting to understand when to move and how to move. He ended up taking a very nice 5 1/2 year old 7pt in PA from a ground blind!
    This year he really wanted take a buck from a tree. So we had this big 8pt coming threw the property late at night all summer with no daylight pics. Opening week comes around and the temp looks like it’s going to drop 10 degrees and it will be a red moon. I said this is probably your best chance of getting him to show up in the daylight so as soon as you get done school we need to get in the tree. That is just what we did and guess who showed up in daylight! Now he really wants to harvest a deer with a bow and arrow! I told him once he can get his bow weight up and I feel confident that he can make good shot I will let him bring it with us. But I already warned him to be prepared because now he has to draw at the perfect moment and he may scare some deer before he gets it right .
    I did a video of his hunt so we could keep the memory and I would love to share it with everyone. I have never edited video before so this is my first attempt

2. JeffC

JeffC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to your son, great looking 8pt. Grew up in SJ hunting the pine barrens , took 13 yrs before I killed a buck.