Team 15 Tagout and Dragout

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by hunterman927, Aug 28, 2022.

1. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Had that crap in January. I thought I was going to kill over from that cough.

2. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Take it easy. I got it about a month and a half ago. It was rough for a week then lingered for two more weeks for me. Felt tired for a month straight. Get better buddy!

3. hunterman927

hunterman927 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m sure going to try. Right now it’s looking like the evening will be my best chance.

4. Bobcat031

Bobcat031 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hope your feeling better soon. I had Covid last December. I was down for over 4 weeks and ended up in the ER. I don't want to go through that again.

5. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Does the $100/year plan include unlimited cameras or is it per camera?

Buying the cameras isn’t the issue for me - kind of a buy once cry once kind of thing, but the cell plan is where I take issue…

I’ve got 4 tactacam reveals and I have to get the unlimited plan due to the fact that they have a really sensitive trigger and they’re on a golf course which is chock full of does, golfers, and golf carts roaming all over the place so they take a ton of pictures. The unlimited plan for them is $120/yr for the first camera and $96/yr for each additional camera, or $408/yr total for 4 cams. I would love to get another couple cams but can’t justify spending $600/yr for service.

It’s really insane the prices they charge for the plans when you consider the amount of actual data it uses to transmit the photos since they send them at reduced quality (at least with the tactacam you have to request the full-resolution version of a photo and they charge $5 per 25 full quality photo requests). The reduced quality photos the tactacam sends are around 300-400 KB each which means that even if that camera takes 1,000 photos in a month you’re only talking about 0.3-0.4 Gb of data. Wish you could just add them to your phone plan and use that data.

6. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    I slayed a couple does over the weekend with the cold front coming through. I am almost tagged out on antlerless tags. Almost accidentally shot a 1-antlered spike thinking it was a doe. Saw his single spike antler moments before sending it. I would’ve never heard the end of it if I would’ve turned in a 1pt buck with a net score 3-1/2”.

Either way, now that I’ve got some does in the cooler it’s time to focus on bucks. I doubt I’ll be putting any points on the board for at least another month. Aside from spikes, forkies, and the occasional 6-pt we don’t have many big bucks showing up on the golf course until rifle season/rut. Once rifle season and the rut arrives it seems like all the big guys move in. Probably a combination of the fact that there are tons of does that need to get laid and the fact that I am the only one who can hunt out there so there is very little huntin pressure so it’s kind of a safe haven for them. At the moment I can’t even hunt anyways because I am out of room in the homemade walk-in cooler so I’ve gotta wait a few more days to let some of these does to finish aging and processing them before I shoot anything else.

7. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    The most comfortable doe stand you’ll ever find is a lazy boy in the living room that’s next to an open window.

8. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    I’m not sure if I could shoot one out the window but I definitely could off my front porch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    In Ok I think as long as it’s 3 inches of antler or smaller it’s considered antlerless. I’d hate to burn a buck tag on that lol. All I have is lots of spikes and doe coming in right now.

10. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like you need a porch sofa…

11. Bobcat031

Bobcat031 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The Spy Point $100 plan is for Unlimited cameras. But only 250 pics per camera. But of course there is another level you can get that gives you 1000 pic a month @ $7 and Unlimited @$10 month. I'm not sure if that just on top of the yearly plan for unlimited cameras or per camera. I just have the $100 plan for my 10 trail cams

12. OK/Sooner

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

A few more days ol girl.

hunterman927 likes this.
  13. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Well it’s looking like this will be the 4th year in a row that I’ll be in a tree during a tropical storm. Looks like this one is going to pass just west of me which means I’ll be on the windy side… gonna be a wild ride. Should get the deer on their feet and I won’t have to worry about movement giving me away.

hunterman927 likes this.
  14. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm itching to get out. Started a new job this week, so wouldn't look good if I left early a few days, haha. I have been watching my back yard deer this week and a pretty good group coming thru. Had a decent buck a couple nights ago, but never got closer then 80 yards. Looks like lots of rain for weekend, so not sure how much I will get to hunt.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

hunterman927 likes this.
  15. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Be careful out there!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

16. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    He’s not dead!!! A4505426-10F9-4AC5-B7BE-FA5258AA6B73.jpeg
    He has been placed back on the list lol.

17. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    So tomorrow’s card pull will tell me what I need to do Saturday. I have a very nice 5x3 coming in every morning and evening. He was my number one target when I thought the big 8 got ran over. Has of right now, the first one I see of the two will get an arrow. 6EBBE51B-1447-4C18-A4F3-D84D9124585C.jpeg

OkieArrowSlinger likes this.
  18. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck when you get to go back out. I’m chomping at the bit to get to go.

Holt likes this.
  19. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    Be careful!

20. hunterman927

Dislikes Received:
    You want some more coons?