New bow or new equipment

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by WhiteMike, Sep 25, 2022.

1. WhiteMike

WhiteMike Newb

Dislikes Received:
    In 2016 I bought my first bow, a bear "threat" RTH package. An entry level bow with entry level trophy ridge tuning equipment; whisker biscuit, 4 pin sight, and a very odd peep sight system. Ive been contemplating buying a new higher end bow for a while now. It would be a carbon bow because I have terrible shoulder issues on my non draw side to where it hurts to draw back and maintain stability while at full draw and I'm thinking the lighter weight may help me. Or, just keeping my existing bow and upgrading the components. I would have it restrung with a traditional peep sight, use a rip cord code red rest, and use a 6 or 7 pin sight (my 4 pin sight limited me from a successful bull elk harvest that was standing 70 yards broadside after an hour long screaming match). I would install those same components on the carbon bow. I have the funds for whichever decision I choose but its always nice to save money. Basically I'm asking, in your opinion, would it be wise just to go all out and get the new bow or just upgrade the equipment on the entry level bear. I am getting my shoulder issues addressed by the way.

Thanks

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would get a new bow and replace things as you can afford.
    I just got my nephew a Bear whitetail legend pro for 600 bare bones. I'm a Mathews guy but wow this bear is sweet

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

WhiteMike likes this.
  3. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with Fix above^^^^.

You feel a big difference in the shooting of a higher end bow. That doesn't mean all budget bows are bad, but I have always felt a difference. Plus with a new flagship bow you will have the latest specs and tech. The rest is the number 1 thing I don't like to skimp on. Its the 2nd point of contact with your arrow, so I always feel that's important.

WhiteMike likes this.
  4. beavertronic

beavertronic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got mine in the veil camo. Love it. Have shot Bear bows for years. I upgrade every so often and every time I do I shoot hoyt, Matthews, elite, bow tech, and pse. Every year the Bear feels and shoots the best.

5. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And that right there is what it should come down to. Not brand loyalty or any misguided ache to be seen as hip or elite.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

beavertronic likes this.
  6. beavertronic

beavertronic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would switch if I found a bow that shot as well as I shoot a Bear. No brand loyalty whatsoever but when I step up at the 20 yd line with all of the bows I pick the one the feels the best.

Fix likes this.