The Orion Syndicate (#12) - 2020 & 2021 Champions

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 31, 2020.

1. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck LC! I’m on pins and needles, can’t wait for some live action from you!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Oldcarp and LittleChief like this.
  2. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have been 4 days in a row now of putting in plots. Going like a madman to get in as much as I can before a chance of rain this weekend. I got 3 more acres tilled up last evening and plan to get it seeded late today. Another couple of acres by the cabin to go and I should be in good shape for this season IF we get the moisture. I had deer on camera checking out the fresh dirt 15 minutes after I left the field.
    A2F05735-2F43-4E67-89B2-D6139DD90A64.jpeg

3. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Today is my annual end of summer bow shoot/cookout/bonfire. Should be a heck of a day! Image1663423433.294868.jpg Image1663423445.068061.jpg Image1663423454.776565.jpg

It’s also Michigan’s early doe season this weekend. If it’s not ridiculously hot tomorrow evening I may try to get out and shoot a doe. If anything it’ll be a good trial run to get things situated for the opener in 2 weeks.

fletch920, Oldcarp and farmer rick like this.
  4. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Everything looks good, the food the layout. Enjoy. If I wasn’t so far away I’d crash that party.

fletch920, MIHOYT89 and farmer rick like this.
  5. farmer rick

farmer rick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice morning to be in the woods. bugs even left me alone. Saw a few does and fawns.

45 wedding anniversary today, family will be over tomorrow for party so not going to shoot anything unless it's big. Wife won't be happy with me butchering a deer today. lol IMG_1809.JPG

fletch920, cantexian, Oldcarp and 2 others like this.
  6. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Happy anniversary

farmer rick likes this.
  7. farmer rick

farmer rick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oldcarp how's your deer hunting plans? Invite stills open on my farm.

I was kinda slow putting up a blind on one food plot. Same day i put it up deer were 20 yards from it. MUD_0348.JPG

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    Oldcarp, MIHOYT89 and ash d like this.
  8. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im 99% sure that I’m going to head out tonight to try to get a doe down nice and early. I’m debating going to the new spot I got or heading to my main farm and sit in a very low impact stand

farmer rick, fletch920 and ash d like this.
  9. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck if you go out.

I’m playing cat and mouse with bucks again. I’m really trying to close the deal on that giant 8 point but I’ll shooter a smaller one if I get the chance.

10. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck littlechief and mihoyt

LittleChief likes this.
  11. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Get ‘em LC! I’ve been checking this tread and the LFTS religiously just hoping to see you behind one of those slobs.

LittleChief likes this.
  12. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve been trying hard. Josh and I are totally stumped on what happened to the deer.

He had regular daytime buck pics right up to the day before season opened. Then they just vanished from where they were.

The only thing different is that they baled hay next to their bedding area opening day and ha hasn’t had a buck pic since.

I wasted two days hunting where they weren’t. I finally found them but trying to figure out what they’re doing in three days so I can get a shot isn’t easy.

fletch920 and MIHOYT89 like this.
  13. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Earlier today we moved my stand 66 yards SE to put me in range of where the big one traveled yesterday afternoon but I’ll still have morning shots if they do what they did yesterday morning.

The wind will be marginal at best this afternoon but I’m running out of time so I’m making a pretty aggressive move.

I’ll be on stand before too long and we will see how this plays out.

MIHOYT89 likes this.
  14. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  15. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Love seeing some of you out that can already hunt! Mihoyt's end of summer gig looks like something I need to start here! That would be a lot of fun! I actually worked on some shooting lanes from my driveway out at the cabin so I could set up a little 3-D range and do something similar for next year. Well, I have all but 2 plots in and we got over 5" of rain on Saturday night. We needed it so bad. I have not seen it this dry here for close to 20 years. We have some good heat days for this week that should get things up and going and then we cool down nice. I think I will be able to finish the last two plots by mid week and then just wait and hope that the right deer start to show up. LC, you better not burn up too many hours putting one of those slobs on the ground. :evilgrin:

ash d and MIHOYT89 like this.
  16. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I could hunt our reduction season on two of my places but to be honest I doubt it happens this week unless I get a ton of life/work/family stuff done...let alone make sure my gear is all in the right bins for travel lol (I get dressed after arriving on properties).

I did however couple weeks back get out for final cereal grain overseedings and fertilizing hitting my brassicas at my personal place and the other place we have permission to hunt.

Keep wanting a storm to hit so I can justify going and checking cameras to see if there is a buck which has illustrated killable tendencies enough to make an early season plan for first week of October or even rush to get an anlterless down asap in a reduction zone so I could even go kill one before the regular opener (it is an earn a buck set up).

ash d likes this.
  17. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It’s something I took upon myself that seems to get bigger and bigger every year. We had a heck of a time. Friendly bets, good food, a lot of arrows flung, and great company. I highly recommend getting one started with your buddies. The broken arrows are the aftermath of a steel plate covering the vitals of a 3D target at 35 yards. Image1663603904.843238.jpg Image1663603914.841332.jpg Image1663603923.056455.jpg Image1663603939.248661.jpg

farmer rick, fletch920 and ash d like this.
  18. Brett Smith

Brett Smith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Temperature today is 93
    Temperature for tomorrow is 97
    Temperature on Wednesday is 75
    I think I heard Mother Nature call my name…I will be out Wednesday afternoon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MIHOYT89 and ash d like this.
  19. Team Haastyle

Team Haastyle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well boys I suppose we waited long enough... time to start filling tags I suppose lol.

In other news, I did get out on Saturday for an afternoon sit sitting over a wildlife pond, clover/chicory plot, and right on the edge of a large oak grove that has acorns dropping like rain. Bucks been showing up quite often, but didn't see my main bucks. Did get a daylight of my #1 on my southeastern property yesterday morning so need to do some homework on his bedding site which I have a pretty good idea where he is coming from. This weekend torn now from hunting my super giant on public in the northwoods or going for a more killable deer at home. Will be watching the cold front and wind the next few days that is for sure.

MIHOYT89 and Oldcarp like this.
  20. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks farmer Rick. I will still be able to hunt Kansas. There’s still A little over 80 acres in the family trust. In the 80 acres there is two stands. The one stand in there does very well for us. There used to be 700 acres to work with now there’s only 80.
    Thank you for the invite I really do appreciate that.

farmer rick likes this.