Team 6 - Any Six

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by mathewsmq1, Aug 28, 2022.

1. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Hey folks.

I've added ultisportsman1 to your team. I'll send him a pm and let him know to check in.

Swamp Stalker and Justin Goins like this.
  2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No kidding we struggled...and our RINGER from Iowa is still trying to remember what it's like to kill a deer....LOL ( @fletch920 )

LittleChief and Justin Goins like this.
  3. Justin Goins

Justin Goins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You killed a nice one last year didn't you ty? Yeah looking back last year was a struggle for most teams. The year prior it seemed like a lot of teams did good. Welcome to the team @ultisportsman1

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Eh....I mean decent and I was happy...memory serves he was in the mid 120s. You may be thinking of my 2021 buck that went just shy of 150

Justin Goins likes this.
  5. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I went back and looked. Was thinking of your 2021 buck. Even tho I hope we take you guys down this year, I hope you guys have a great season!

LittleChief likes this.
  6. WISCONSINBUCKHUNTER

WISCONSINBUCKHUNTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am in for voting Justin being captain as well!

Justin Goins likes this.
  7. WISCONSINBUCKHUNTER

WISCONSINBUCKHUNTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like we should have a good team!! I hunt private land in Wisconsin and try to get out as much I can. Should have a few good deer to chase this year and our food plots are coming in well! I ate tag soug last year with my archery equipment. I hit my target buck last year square in the shoulder and never recovered him. Luckily I was able to catch up with him during the rifle season. Should be a good year!

Attached Files:

Justin Goins and Westfinger like this.
  8. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That’s a beast congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    You have my vote.

Justin Goins likes this.
  10. ultisportsman1

ultisportsman1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in glad to meet everyone I hunt private land in ky. I have one or two nice ones on camera just waiting for season to open.

11. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I vote for Justin!

Justin Goins likes this.
  12. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm Joe. I am 45 years old and hunt public land in CT. I haven't killed a buck since the infamous 2017 Butt shot buck. I'm kind of overdue! Last year I was close to getting it done on a few occasions, just needed one more step. Another good one came in a few minutes before the legal shooting light. I grew up bowhunting the woods where I hunt with my dad in the late 80s and early 90s. If you see a deer, you have had a great day. If you see a buck, remember it because it might be years before you see one in front of you again. My dad has only seen one doe in the past 3 seasons. The struggle is real....how bad do you want it?

They are in there, though, and absolute monsters at that. I ran trail cams when I started hunting there again about 7 years ago, and the pictures don't lie. The bucks do not have rub lines and rarely make/use scrapes. If they do, they are overhunted in the orange army season; plus, the doe-to-buck ratio is out of whack. The bucks don't have to work for it or fight for it.

Statistically speaking, the past two years have been "seasons of a lifetime" for me with buck sightings in these woods. If people who know where I hunt heard what I was seeing, they'd call BS, call me a liar, and accuse me of hunting at night because that's the only time the bucks move, they think. I'd like to think my drive, knowledge, and woodsmanship has made this happen as I changed up the way I hunt by hunting the topography that produces deer movement and staying ridiculously mobile with the SaDdLe BoI lIfEsTyLe. This year I've added an E-bike to the mix so now I can get to the super deep spots relatively easy which should allow more encounters.

I am also entering my final year of graduate school on my way to becoming a licensed mental health counselor. I am doing an internship at a private practice where I'll be at least 20 hours a week, plus taking 2 classes, an Advanced Clinical internship/practicum, and Co-Occurring disorders. I also have to complete my graduation portfolio, which is 20-something pages.

Sadly, I'm not sure how many days a week I'll be able to get in the woods this fall, hopefully at least 2. I also can't guarantee a single point. I can guarantee some laughs, some borderline inappropriate dark humor, and some support and motivation when it is go time!

My season opens on September 15th and goes till November 15th.

Westfinger and Justin Goins like this.
  13. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I vote for Justin

Justin Goins likes this.
  14. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    Barring any evidence of Russian misinformation I think we can certify the election and say Justin is Captain.
    Congratulations we are at your disposal, lead us to victory!

Justin Goins likes this.
  15. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    hahaha I'll try my best! Now any ideas on team name? I can't think of any at the moment.

16. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The first thing you’re supposed to do is let me know you’re the Captain. :lol:

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  17. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    :confused: already failing haha, I knew you would see it. I'll let you know when we come up with a name

LittleChief and Swamp Stalker like this.
  18. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Some may follow along with my husbands success I post at times. The last three years he got 150"+ deer during archery. He's had two nice ones on camera....then boom - this guy. I have permission to hunt the same land - but I'm too cheap to buy an out of state license (he hunts right over the PA line in Ohio - 20 minutes from home.

[​IMG]

19. Westfinger

Dislikes Received:
    Wow that’s a giant! I hope he gets to put his hands on it.

I finally made it out to the lease. I pulled a couple cameras then lost my keys through a hole in my pocket.
    I have spare keys at the house so I should be all set once I get back out there again.

20. Justin Goins

Dislikes Received:
    I dropped my truck keys once on public land during shed season. Didn't even notice, got done and realized lost my keys. Didn't have spare keys either. Luckily I had my tracker on my phone OnX and my cousin came out and helped me look for them. He found them 80 yards away from the truck. lol I'll be checking cameras next weekend, probably last time I go in there until season starts Oct. 1st. Depending on the weather on opening weekend, I will probably take a doe. If its too hot I'll probably wait but we need meat. Down to our last couple packages of deer burger and i think we have a package of steaks left.