Anyone use Rage Hypodermic Broadheads?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by John2603, Aug 9, 2022.

1. dmax4me

dmax4me Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using the Rage Xtreme 2 blades for at least 5 - 6 years and have killed a lot of critters with them. Love the huge holes they punch. Sure makes blood trailing easy. No need to bend over to find blood.

2. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I picked up a package of them at the end of last season. Thought I'd give 'em a try this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

LittleChief and dnoodles like this.
  3. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have killed 6 deer now with the Rage Trypan and have zero issues with them. In the past, I think some had issues because they weren't paying attention to the orientation of the tabs on the collars and the blades would prematurely deploy at the shot. The Trypans you cant put on wrong so I liked that fact. The new no collar versions should be great but I never shot them yet.

You will get folks complaining about durability, etc.. I view broadheads differently than those people. They're expendable items.. much like a bullet out of a gun, if I shoot a deer, it does its job and the head is junked.. so be it. It has one purpose, kill the animal efficiently and quickly. If the head dies in the process, it did its job and I'm fine with that.

It goes without saying that no broadhead on the planet is going to make up for poor shot decisions. I say decisions, not placement. If decide to shoot a deer at a very bad angle, or too far, thats on you not the head. But I will say, the bigger cut of the Rage or other mechs have bailed folks out of just not hitting exactly where you aimed. I can not say that for fixed heads in my experience unless its a shot forward into the shoulder.

My only gripe with Rage is that they are now only selling them in two packs and they're getting stupid expensive.

nickster likes this.
  4. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    2 per pack ?? .... that is stupid ... never tried a Rage, never will, personal preference for sure, same as I'll never own a Mathews or a Dodge ..(I have my reasons) ... I really loved the Steelheads (reg. and XL's), why they discontinued them Ive never seen a reason .... If you like 'em use 'em, they'll work, same as the Grim Reaper 1 3/8's will ...

muzzyman88 likes this.
  5. Stickman

Stickman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Been using them ever since they started selling them. The best broadhead ever

6. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    there is no "best broadhead" ...... just favorites .... some do work better than others, but there isnt such a thing as "the best", its all marketing hype ... ...

7. Bowhuntr64

Bowhuntr64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just finished a test of the Hypo NC +P and will post it in a couple weeks. Just posted a new test of the Trypan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. JPG

JPG Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You can get 2” or greater total cut out of a fix blade head. Any four blade head will have twice it’s cutting diameter in total cut. The exodus has a total cut of 1.9, .1 less than the rage advertised cut and with far superior durability and likely penetration. Regardless a broad isn’t a good item to cheap out on. If they are really cheap their probably not great.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums