Halloween 2020 Doe Kill

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by w33kender, Feb 25, 2021.

1. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Arrowed my first deer in several years. Last fall was only my fifth year bow hunting. Heard her crash but found no blood around the shot site, so for grins and giggles, I went home and got our new [adopted] dog, whom I'd been told had a great nose for finding deer.

It was so exciting to hold the leash and watch her start at my arrow and very calmly guide me around saplings and briars to the deer. The deer was only 40 to 50 yards from the shot but I erred on the side of caution rather than stinking up the woods with my tracks and THEN going to get the dog.

I killed this 86 pound doe with a four-blade muzzy broadhead. 20 yard shot. I really needed the meat and this kill and I waited patiently for her to give me a high percentage, broadside shot.

Due to Hurricane Etta (sp?) flooding the woods along the Waccamaw River basin woods, I only got to hunt 6 times all fall. I saw six deer and one wild boar; the crafty old boar never turned broadside before returning to the safety of the thick stuff, but he sure was fun to watch in bow range.

Nothing is as exciting as bowhunting imo.

Attached Files:

Nick Lewandowski and oldnotdead like this.
  2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice!

3. jodypenny

jodypenny Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice!

4. Wapiti426

Wapiti426 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome!