Illinois

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Limbhanger, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Limbhanger

Limbhanger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is anyone familiar with the area around Murrayville Illinois?

Got an offer to hunt a lease around that area with two other guys as they were looking for another hunter for a total of 3 hunters.

From what I gather it's only 3 hundred acres and not sure how much is wooded? From aerials, woods look very scarce as compared to areas in PA I hunt, but I realize that doesn't mean it wouldn't be good hunting?

Just trying to find out if it's a worthy area of bowhunting for a week for the money? As it wouldn't be prime time either, but a bit before it, Oct 27th-Oct31st.

Just looking for honest opinions, from those who are somewhat familiar with this area.

2. Limbhanger

Limbhanger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    71 views and no replies, maybe no one from that area? Or tight lips?

Either way not sure if I'm even going, but if I don't, someone else will be taking my spot, so it's going to get hunted regardless. Thanks

3. Gabilgerat

Gabilgerat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    depends on the lay out of the farm and the price, anywhere in west central Il is a prime area

4. HancockCountyIL

HancockCountyIL Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My experience is only in far-western Hancock County, so I don't know much about Murrayville. However, Hancock County always has a few big bucks and lots of does. I know this isn't very helpful, but I figured I'd try. Good luck!

5. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My farm is around 40 miles north. The area has big deer for sure. There’s a lot of wide open ground there, despite the lack of trees there are still a lot of big deer in the area. That specific piece will have potential, but it all comes down to if you have a good access, good cover, good neighbors, and whatever the crop rotation is. I’d be surprised if you didn’t have at least one or two deer over 150 assuming there is some type of bedding cover on it.