The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Adult tonsillitis.
    F me this hurts.

2. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll trade...pinched nerve has my left arm jacked.

3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Many many years ago I took both the civil servant test for postal and state trooper. I scored very high on both. Needless to say each opening for 3-6 people had hundreds of applicants. Of those some tests scores were above 100% thanks to preference points. Being a woman gave me no advantage. Now if I claimed native or if I were any shade but white could have helped That said, take those and add military and I would have been well above 100%. You stay on the list for a few years back then but with hundreds of applicants...,I never bothered trying again.

4. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Before I went down to daughters I had just a bit over half a tank. Went to gas station filled up with 30 dollars. Got home and I was just a bit over half a tank. WTH!

5. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

We used Sevin-says kills on contact. Nope. Still alive.

We have a trap out. I even sprayed the Sevin into the bag. Beetles still alive 3 hours later.

Which BT? I don't see any that list Japanese beetles.

Guess I can try my Bifen XTS on some in the trap bag. That does list adult Japanese beetles. I had hoped it would kill them when they emerged from the ground just like it does for June bugs.

6. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Ha...this is what happens when using two different devises at once ,with interruptions.

7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When I used to spray Sevin, I'd see results within a week...not immediately.

As I said, BT is a long game (years strategy, generally like 2 years), it propagates in the soil and will kill the beetle larvae (grubs).

oldnotdead likes this.
  8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Crap is no joke

9. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was prone to that a few years back. It was awful. The steroid shot in the buttcheek was a life saver. It was so bad I was spitting in a paper towel because I couldn't swallow.

dnoodles likes this.
  10. Rowdyray

Rowdyray Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Don't get me started on bees! Ground bees or yellow jackets to be specific. This year has been the worst. I get a few nests around my place every year. Already eliminated 3. Found a 4th last Monday evening. The hard way. Things went south rather quickly.

Long story short, stung 4 times. Took many stings for my loved ones over the years that are allergic. An annoyance to me, it ruins their day. Those days may be over. Had a bad reaction. Massive head rush. Lips, face and tongue started to swell. Ran to the medicine cabinet looking for Benadryl. None. Crap...threw them out because it was 10 years passed the expiration. Ran to a neighbor. Didn't have any. They ran to the next neighbor. I followed like a zombie. He had some. Chewed up 3 and washed them down with a beer he had in his hand. Didn't give a crap at that point. Said if this doesn't work, call an ambulance. Luckily it did. Not how I thought my evening was going to go.

With that much Benadryl in your system, it's customary to take a very hard nap. Not wanting my children to claim my body the next day, I wandered the streets trying to work all of it out. Finally around midnight, I figured it was safe to go to sleep. Woke the next morning, alive, and feeling pretty good. Until, my hand started to swell. And didn't stop. That's not normal.

An expensive trip to urgent care told me I had cellulitis. Great. They gave me an oral steroid and perscribed a heavy dose of antibiotics for a week. All because of an angry bug with a sticker in it's butt!

Sota likes this.
  11. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    that's what I was reduced to last night. In and out of sleep all night, giant pool of drool on the pillow, I was a mess. It felt like I had a golfball size swelling, but the golfball was covered in broken glass.

Quite a bit better today.

I don't get it very often, but just often enough to consider getting them removed. But the recovery from adult tonsillectomy is no joke- my old man was laid up for 2 weeks and he's a much tougher SOB than I am.

12. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Damn glad you made it!

13. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ordered a simple order at KFC 15min ago. Dinner time and 2 employees walk out and sit up around another business, take a break, and smoke dope while we all sit here. If I hadnt already paid I would leave. Bunch of clowns.

14. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’m not gonna lie… the maintence guys who work on the pluckers at the chicken factory have gotten lazy as **** lately. The last two times I’ve bought factory broilers (thanks to the friggin eagles and red tail hawks) I’ve had to pull out probably 50 pinfeathers per bird. And I even paid an insane premium for the privilege of finishing the processing for them… like $4/lb for whole broilers that they hadn’t even finished plucking. I doubt sleepy Joe’s regime is deporting any of the illegals so it’s not like the experienced workers got sent back home so I can’t help but wonder why the heck the quality of grocery chicken has gone down so dramatically lately.

15. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got home from work tonight and the central air unit is just humming and the fan is not spinning. Heading to Lowe’s to grab 2 window units in the morning. Who knows when someone will be able to come out and take a look at it. It’s been hotter than 2 hells in NY lately. FJB

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Probably racist but I call grounds bee nests mosques. You know damn right.

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Andy Vedder you are a twat. Cancelled a show because climate change and wildfire when he was performing injured his vocal cords. I have to call bullshit on that.

18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    We have no air conditioning in a modified A frame...mostly all roof...I close the house up tight, put fans blowing out the end Windows up stairs. Open the basement door and have a tower fan blowing cold air from the basement into the down stairs. Keeps the house between 72-75

gltomp and ash d like this.
  19. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

We have found that swapping out the trap bag when it is about a 1/4 full keeps the smell down. Put the trap bag (minus the attractor scent ball) in a 2 gal zip lock and toss it in the freezer over night. Empty the bag in the morning and you are ready to repeat the process.

Keep the bag of bugs in the freezer until trash day.

Only saw about 10 beetles this morning. Perhaps the spray has started to work.

wl704 and Ridgerunner3 like this.
  20. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Same. They told me the last time, next time you get it we need to consider getting them removed. Knock on wood, we didn't.