Northern Missouri

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by mhouck06, Nov 5, 2021.

1. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have any insight on the public parcels in northern Missouri. Just looking for general thoughts... hunter pressure, deer numbers, terrain type etc. I am hoping to draw Iowa next year or the year after (application will depend on my draw status in other states).

I plan to take 2-3 weeks for my Iowa hunt. I want to take full advantage of waiting 5-6 years. If I luck out and tag out early on my Iowa trip, I would like to head down to Missouri to try my luck there.

I am starting to do my research now and I am hoping to head out this spring to do some scouting.

Thanks!

2. RewsMype

RewsMype Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Im not there any more but I do go home and visit the branson / kirbyville / forsythe area at least once a year, Ill probably retire there some day

mhouck06 likes this.
  3. Robert Lowe

Robert Lowe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

We are doing the same thing! We have leased a farm for the first 3 full weeks of November in Adams county Iowa. Have a house for the month about 15 mins from the border. Plan is to do our hunt in Iowa. If we are fortunate to tag and have time left there are numerous public MO land within a 1/2 hour of our rental.

mhouck06 likes this.
  4. cbw

cbw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Adams county is a hidden gem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert Lowe likes this.
  5. AFHunter

AFHunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I used to live in Sedalia Missouri and hunted the public land around there. There is some pressure, but the deer hunting was good. Missouri has some great public land.