FINGER SLING OPINIONS

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by RH5, Jun 23, 2022.

1. RH5

RH5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all. Long story short I can't use a wrist sling anymore so i'm switching to a finger sling. Anyone using one of these? 531700_500x176.jpg

2. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve never even heard of such a thing. I suppose it would work, but I’d hate to try to get a gloved hand in one of those during the late season.

I don’t use any type of sling at all. For me personally, getting my hand in a sling when a deer is coming in is just an unnecessary and inconvenient step in the process of getting ready for the shot.

RH5 likes this.
  3. RH5

RH5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I cant get used to not having a sling at least for target. Might not be the best for hunting I agree.

LittleChief likes this.
  4. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I ve seen trad shooters use them but not compound guys

RH5 likes this.
  5. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with the others, I think it would be a pain to hunt with one. I've seen 3d, field, and indoor shooters use them, but don't believe I've ever seen someone use one for hunting.
    I'm the same, shooting a bow without a wrist sling feels very unusual and just plain uncomfortable to me. A lot of people shoot just fine without one though, and I'd bet that you could get used to it if you gave it a bit of time.
    Without asking what causes you to not be able to use a wrist sling, I would mention that there are several custom sling makers that could make just about any size or design that you could possibly want, if that would possibly help with being able to use a wrist sling. I just had one made by "Money Shoot Slings", a guy that is on Facebook. I had him make me one just because I liked the looks of one of his color patterns, but he did a nice job on it and I had it within a week of ordering it.

RH5 likes this.
  6. RH5

RH5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't even think of looking up custom wrist slings. So with the QD and stabilizer I don't see how I can use a wrist sling anymore? I agree with you guys when it comes to the hunting aspect. I didn't think I had any other options but a finger sling.
    IMG_0119 2.jpeg

7. Rowdyray

Rowdyray Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    RH5 likes this.
  8. RH5

RH5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im not on FaceBook. Time to poke fun lol. Any other options?

9. Rowdyray

Rowdyray Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    RH5 likes this.
  10. RH5

RH5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rowdyray you think those wrist sling link you provided will work with all my hardware on the bow?

11. Rowdyray

Rowdyray Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    20220624_202952.jpg
    I know it will. Just set up 4 different bows last Christmas. ALL with different hardware.

With your set up, you'll want one with the leather yoke. You don't have to go with this specific one. I was trying to find one with decent pictures. It mounts behind, "all your hardware".

https://www.amazon.com/YLS-Archery-Compound-Adjustable-Shooting/dp/B07K79RZ9R/ref=sr_1_21?crid=3RJK8377RSDGO&keywords=bow+wrist+sling+for+compound+bow&qid=1656121514&sprefix=bow+wrist+sling+for+compound+bow,aps,82&sr=8-21

I don't use a side stabilizer so went with one like this. Again, an example of your options and what NOT to get. It'll interfere with your set up.

https://www.amazon.com/ZSHJG-Braided-Archery-Adjustable-Compound/dp/B07F628RTJ/ref=sr_1_7?crid=3RJK8377RSDGO&keywords=bow+wrist+sling+for+compound+bow&qid=1656121514&sprefix=bow+wrist+sling+for+compound+bow,aps,82&sr=8-7&th=1 20220624_202952.jpg 20220624_202952.jpg 20220624_202952.jpg

RH5 likes this.
  12. RH5

RH5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can't thank you enough. I will get one with the leather yoke. Thanks for all the help.

13. ILbowhntr

ILbowhntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot similar sling for 3D back in the ‘90s. Don’t remember any issues with it.

RH5 likes this.
  14. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Used a finger sling for target shooting since 1969, but always a wrist sling for hunting; much easier to get into and out of for hunting.

RH5 likes this.