Folding Bow Stand for Wood Limbs?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by RH5, Jun 17, 2022.

1. RH5

RH5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi all, Was wondering the thoughts you guys have on using a bow stand with wood limbs. My bow has laminated wood limbs and magnesium riser. Im afraid the stress put on the limb is not good for my bow.
    What do you guys think? Thanks in advance RH5

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    What kind of bow stand are you talking about exactly? I can't see the stress from any stand being more than the stress put on the limbs simply by being used. After all, those limbs are designed to be put under stress.

On a side note, if you're still showing a compound bow with laminated wood limbs, it's probably time for an upgrade. I don't think they've made those since the 80's.

3. RH5

RH5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You are correct. Its an old bow with a lot of memories. I can't part with it till it goes. 1986 to be exact. Shes a good shooter. Been upgrading parts so Im prepared when the time comes to buy a new Hoyt.

4. RH5

RH5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    splitgrip2__76497__99213.1614198484.jpg Something like this Justin. I understand your points.

5. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That one is for a split limb bow, I don't imagine yours has split limbs? Perhaps you realized that and were just pointing out what kind of stand you were meaning, but wanted to make sure. You'll want something like this style if your bow has solid limbs rather than split limbs.
    TRUGLO Bow Jack Folding Bow Stand, Standard, Black : Sports & Outdoors (amazon.com)

I don't think it'll hurt your limbs at all to use any kind of stand that holds the bow from the limbs.

RH5 likes this.
  6. RH5

RH5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_0107.jpeg I bought this one. Unfortunately it doesn't hold my bow no matter how I adjust it. Looks like i'll be listing this in classified.

7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    You're going to have a really hard time finding any limb-mounted stand to work with a bow that old. Those stands only work on bows with parallel limbs, which hadn't been invented in 1986.

Are you looking for something to take into the woods with you? Or for around the house/range?

The only bow-mounted one I can think of that may work is this: https://www.heartlandbowhunter.com/product/bow-ready-stand/

It used to be called BowStix and the guys from HB recently bought it and renamed it. Since it's fully adjustable you may be able to find the sweet spot that works to balance your antique.

Sorry, I'll stop poking fun now. :evilgrin:

RH5 likes this.
  8. RH5

RH5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting Justin. You can poke fun. lol I was looking for portable for hunting / target. I found a stand like this I might try.
    811Ec8mNquL._AC_SL1350_.jpg Not very portable at almost 3 pounds. If this works Ill use this for practice. When I buy a bow out of the Flintstone era I should have more luck.