The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    valid point, but it was only my lunch break.

2. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    to clarify- I was buying that and some other non-perishables on my lunch break. Had no desire or intent to partake at said lunch break. Although after tapping my foot for about 4 minutes I wanted to use the bottle as a cudgel and whatever was leftover as antiseptic for the wounds.

3. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    "Express" Oil Change at the dealership has taken 30 mins and counting...

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah that whole Arby's wagyu burger do not bother, hardee's and culver's are just as good or better, weird texture and no grill at Arby's.

5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wagyu is just more fat, cook(or boil) your steak in 3 sticks of butter and can get the same result.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My wife bought Jiff creamy peanut butter. There is one kind of peanut butter, Skippy super chunk, there is no alternative.

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You know about the Jif recall?

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No because I do not eat Jif never have never will.

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    cls74 likes this.
  11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Joe Gilchrist died the other day, that man built a place where it was not possible to not have fun the Flora-Bama founder has passed.

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Method sellers, I have been listening to presentations from insurance agents. I had a young hotshot who must have aced his method selling classes. Guy is giving me the spiel I am sitting with our GM and HR people and this guy is asking for a commitment from us before he puts his 20 person team to work on the proposal and he wanted me to give him copies of our current policies and what we pay. I explained he would get neither and if that was a problem he could leave right now.

Guy is coming back with his team 2 days before we have to re up or select another vendor. I know exactly how it will go I will try to pick up the line he imbeds and then incorporates in his hook for the close, thing is method sellers you think you are selling you are doing the opposite, you prey on weak people who are easily manipulated. I will enjoy telling him his hook was showing 15 minutes before he got there.

13. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Went to Lowe’s to pick up some mulch. Every associate and delivery person using the flat beds…had to walk to the opposite side of the store…thanks!

dnoodles and Sota like this.
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The flat bed carts suck.

15. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Put a bag on each shoulder?

16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    15 bags stand tall on the shoulders. Was gonna get more too…

17. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Doin the right thing sucks. Spent the whole evening bending and running conduit and installing fixtures and boxes for my buddy who is converting his basement into an apartment - free of charge since he is my buddy. Left there and stopped by the convenience store for some cigarettes and walking back to my car I found a pair of $100 bills laying on the ground right behind my car. F**king honesty instinct kicked in so I picked them up and walked back to the store and handed them to the cashier and told him how I found them in the parking lot. 30 minutes later I am now kicking myself for not pocketing them. They had clearly been there for a while because they were essentially embossed with the imprint of asphalt aggregate from several cars running over them and I imagine that whoever lost them isn’t going to return to get them because they probably don’t even know where they lost them. Even if they did they will probably assume that whoever found them just kept them. In hindsight I can’t help but think that I was supposed to find those as a reward for helping my buddy out by rewiring his entire basement. Them my dumbass just up and gave them to the murphy’s cashier. I am pretty sure that he is either going to keep them for himself or it’s going to be put into the cash register and their corporate accountants will file it into the “goodwill” account and pad their bottom line.

Sota, TJF, oldnotdead and 1 other person like this.
  18. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Lowes sucks. Ever since they replaced all the Stanley, Irwin, etc tools with “Kobalt” crap like 10 years ago I gave up on them. I never realized it was even possible for a screw to strip a screwdriver until I bought a kobalt screwdriver (handheld manual style) and it stripped the first time I used it. And I was only using it to screw in a cheap drywall screw into a pre-drilled hole. It wasn’t some fancy heavy duty deck screw or anything, just a regular old Phillips head drywall screw. At least the Homeless Despot carry’s regular brand tools that can survive a single use.

Also on a side note, whoever invented the star/torx drive is an *******. I get that the Phillips head sucks but the Robertson/square drive has been around wayy longer than the torx crap and it is dar superior in terms of torque ability without camming out, plus the bits last longer, and you can stick the fastener onto the end of the bit and it won’t fall off so you don’t have to hold it onto the end of the bit or use magnetic bit holders (which are usually only magnetic for a month or 2 before the magnets come unglued and fall off. Even when the magnets haven’t fallen out they’re impossible to use if your hole happens to be in a tight space that has non-target ferrous metal nearby)

19. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Find a sawmill nearby that does hardwoods. They’ll usually give you a “scoop” (aka a whole pickup truck bed full) for like $30-40 and they’ll put it the truck bed with their loader so all you gotta do is drive it home, hop in the back with a pitchfork, and get your old lady to drive it around the yard while you pitchfork it out into the beds. (I will caution that I haven’t bought mulch since 2019 so the $30-40 price has probably doubled since the current regime took power. Its still probably a lot cheaper than buying it by the 0.5 cu. ft bag at lowes though)

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel line and the old 115 johnson is still 1500 rpm off at full throttle. Of course I can not find my compression gauge. I am thinking it might be a ring issue. I do not give a damn I will spend the $ to fix the motor, rather than buy a new motor.