Joke of the day.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by grnhd, Apr 19, 2014.

1. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A dog and a cat were having an argument on who is the favorite of humans

The dog says, “Humans like us more. They even named a tooth (canine) after us. Naming such an important body part after us shows that they like us more.”

The cat smiles and says, “You’re not really going to win this one you know.”

gltomp, Suncrest08, picman and 4 others like this.
  2. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A golfer was involved in a terrible car crash and was rushed to the hospital. Just before he was put under, the surgeon popped in to see him.
    "I have some good news and some bad news," says the surgeon. "The bad news is that I have to remove your right arm!"
    "Oh God no!" cries the man "My golfing is over! Please Doc, what's the good news?"
    "The good news is, I have another one to replace it with, but it's a woman's arm and I'll need your permission before I go ahead with the transplant."
    "Go for it, doc," says the man, "as long as I can play golf again."

The operation went well and a year later the man was out on the golf course when he bumped into the surgeon.
    "Hi, how's the new arm?" asks the surgeon. "Just great," says the businessman. "I'm playing the best golf ever. My new arm has a much finer touch, and my putting has really improved."

"That's great," said the surgeon.
    "Not only that," continued the golfer, "my handwriting has improved, I've learned how to sew my own clothes and I've even taken up painting landscapes in watercolors."
    "That's unbelievable!" said the surgeon, "I'm so glad to hear the transplant was such a great success. Are you having any side effects?"

"Well, just two, said the golfer, "I have trouble parallel parking and every time I get an erection, I get a headache."

3. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A father walks into a restaurant with his young son. He gives the young boy 3 nickels to play with to keep him occupied.
    Suddenly the boy starts choking, going blue in the face. The father realizes the boy has swallowed the nickels and starts

slapping him on the back. The boy coughs up 2 of the nickels, but keeps choking. Looking at his son, the father is panicking, shouting for help.

A well dressed, attractive, and serious looking woman, in a blue business suit is sitting at a coffee bar reading a newspaper and sipping a cup of coffee. At the sound of the commotion, she looks up, puts her coffee cup down, neatly folds the newspaper and places it on the counter, gets up from her seat and makes her way, unhurried, across the restaurant.

Reaching the boy, the woman carefully drops his pants; takes hold of the boy’s testicles and starts to squeeze and twist, gently at first and then ever so firmly. After a few seconds the boy convulses violently and coughs up the last nickel, which the woman deftly catches in her free hand. Releasing the boy’s testicles, the woman hands the nickel to the father and walks back to her seat in the coffee bar without saying a word.

As soon as he is sure that his son has suffered no ill effects, the father rushes over to the woman and starts thanking her saying, “I’ve never seen anybody do anything like that before, it was fantastic. Are you a doctor?”

“No,” the woman replied… “Divorce Attorney!!!”

wl704, elkguide, Sota and 2 others like this.
  4. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why do peanuts float in a regular coke and sink in a diet coke?
    Go ahead and try it....

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"... but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"?
    Where's that extra penny going?

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change??? They're going to see you naked anyway.

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut,
    why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables,
    what is baby oil made from?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
    Why did you just try singing the two songs above?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you,
    but when you take him for a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?

HOW DID THE MAN WHO MADE THE FIRST CLOCK,
    KNOW WHAT TIME IT WAS?

The Old Man likes this.
  5. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    One day, a man was walking down the street when he saw a genie lamp in a nearby alley. Excitedly, he picked it up and rubbed it. A genie came out and said, "I will grant you three wishes, Master!"

The man was so happy, his first wish was, "I want a billion dollars!!!!!!"

"Your wish has been granted, a billion dollars is now in your bank account."

The man was even happier. "I want a beautiful woman!"

"Your wish has been granted," the genie said and a beautiful woman appeared!

"This is great!" said the man. Not wanting to waste his last wish, he decided to think about it for awhile longer. "I can't think of another wish right now, can I tell you later?"

"Make it so, whenever you say your wish, it will be granted."

The next day, the man was driving down the road, as happy as ever. He heard a popular commercial song on the radio and decided to sing along with it.

"Oooooh, I wish I were an Oscar-Mayer weinerrr......"

wl704, cantexian and elkguide like this.
  6. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A little boy came home from the playground with a bloody nose, black eye, and torn clothing. It was obvious he'd been in a bad fight and lost. While his father was patching him up, he asked his son what happened.
    "Well, Dad," said the boy, "I challenged Larry to a duel. And, you know, I gave him his choice of weapons."
    "Uh-huh," said the father, "that seems fair."
    "I know, but I never thought he'd choose his big sister!"

TJF, elkguide, cantexian and 3 others like this.
  7. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    An explorer walked into a clearing and was surprised to see a pigmy standing beside a huge dead elephant. "Did you kill that?" he asked. The pigmy answered: "Yes". "How could a little bloke like you kill something as huge as that?"
    "I killed it with my club" replied the pigmy.
    "That's amazing," said the explorer. "How big's your club?"
    The pigmy replied: "There's about 150 of us"

8. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    An 8 year old girl went to the office with her father on 'Take your kid to work Day'.
    As they walked round the office she started crying and getting cranky.
    Her father asked what was wrong.
    As the staff gathered round she sobbed loudly, "Daddy, where are all the clowns you said you worked with?"

9. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Mr. Bigger and Mrs. Bigger have a baby. Who’s the biggest in the family?

The baby of course – because he’s a little Bigger!!

elkguide and cantexian like this.
  10. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A newly ordained deacon was asked to hold a graveside service for someone with no family or friends. It was his first official assignment, so he eagerly agreed. Taking his duties very seriously, the deacon let early the next morning for the cemetery. However, he made several wrong turns and quickly got himself lost. When he finally arrived more than an hour late, the hearse was nowhere to be seen and the two workmen were eating lunch. The deacon got out of his car, quickly threw on his vestments, and hurried to the open grave. Looking into the pit, he saw that the vault lid was already in place. With a sign, he took out his prayer book and read the burial service. After he had left, one of the workmen said to the other, “Maybe we should have told him he just blessed a septic tank.”

11. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    An Easterner was riding with a rancher over a blistering and almost barren stretch of West Texas, when a strange bird scurried in front of them.
    Asked by the Easterner what the bird was, the rancher replied, "That's a bird of paradise."
    The stranger from the East rode on in silence for a moment, then said, "Long way from home, isn't it?"

Sota, cantexian and elkguide like this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Every woman is Bi. You just have to figure out if it is polar or sexual.

wl704, picman and The Old Man like this.
  13. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Said that to my wife one day

she did not think it was funny

Sota likes this.
  14. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    I know we’re all supposed to be tolerant of people from other cultures, but is it too much to ask that Asian waiters learn that all Caucasians don’t look alike? My waiter just served my food to some other customer!

Wait. Never mind. That wasn’t my waiter.

Sota, wl704 and elkguide like this.
  15. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Two guys are talking about their boss's upcoming wedding.
    One says, "It's ridiculous, he's rich, but he's 93 years old, and she's just 26! What kind of a wedding is that?"
    The other says, "Well, we have a name for it in my family."
    "What do you call it?"
    "We call it a football wedding."
    The first asks, "What's a football wedding?"
    The other says, "She's waiting for him to kick off!"

Sota, cantexian and wl704 like this.
  16. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    My 7 year old nephew showed me with pride the “telephone” he had just made from a string and two tin cans.

I pulled out my iPhone and said, “That’s nice, but…”

“Look at what kids your age make in China!”

picman, TJF, cantexian and 2 others like this.
  17. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Joe is at the Pearly Gates waiting to be admitted while St. Peter is leafing through his files to see if Joe is worthy of entry.

"Joe," says St. Pete, "I can't see that you've done anything really bad in your life but I can't see that you've done anything really good that would qualify you for Heaven. Can you tell me ANY good deed you've ever done?"
    Joe thinks for a moment and says "Sure. I was driving through a bad part of town when I saw about 50 biker guys assaulting this poor girl. I slammed on my brakes, grabbed a tire iron, and walked up to this big guy who seemed to be the leader. All these guys let the girl run away and they formed a circle around me to see what I was gonna do. I laid that tire iron right across his head and he dropped like a stone. Then I turned and yelled to the rest of them "If I ever see you guys around this town again, I'll give you a real lesson in pain."

"Wow" says St. Peter, "I guess you really do qualify for Heaven. Tell me, when did this happen?"

"Oh", says Joe, "about two minutes ago."

TJF, cantexian and elkguide like this.
  18. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A friend asked a gentleman how it is that he never married ?

Replied the gentleman, "Well, I guess I just never met the right woman ... I guess I've been looking for the perfect girl."

"Oh, come on now," said the friend, "Surely you have met at least on girl that you wanted to marry."

"Yes, there was one girl .. once. I guess she was the one perfect girl .. the only perfect girl I really ever met. She was just the right everything .. I really mean that she was the perfect girl for me."

"Well, why didn't you marry her," asked the friend.

"She was looking for the perfect man," he said.

19. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Boda boom!

20. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    TJF, elkguide and wl704 like this.