Question for QAD Exodus shooters

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ILbowhntr, May 7, 2022.

1. ILbowhntr

ILbowhntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Kicking around picking up some Exodus heads. Don’t have a preference, but leaning towards the full.
    Wondering how bad they tear up targets. I’ve got a Matrix and a couple Rineharts and shoot broadheads a lot.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  2. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Swept back are more forgiving, but like any fixed blade form will determine POA for sure. I can squeeze one of these into the dot on a block at 50 yards constantly (for the most part)

3. ILbowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    But how much damage does it do to the target when you remove it?

4. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    the swept will tear up a target quicker than the Full's, but dont expect any target to stand up to repeated fixed head shooting, the Blob is one of the toughest BH targets out there, and yet, in less than 6 months, the center is about punched out of mine ... yes, I shoot other locations on it (lol), but the fixed will eat up any target with repeated shots .. Ive shot the Full's and Wicked Tricks + FP's hundreds of times now into the Blob (21x21) .. I do shoot a lot of BH shots, esp. when tuning if needed, plus I like shooting BH's ... .... I'm now going to switch to my GT Vel. XT 300's from the 340's to check tuning/grouping/accuracy in comparison of the two spines ...

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  5. ILbowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    You should try a Matrix. Got mine for Christmas 2019, shoot broadheads year round. About to go through my second module.
    A pretty good estimate would be around 175-200 broadheads a week.

6. JPG

JPG Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If you fail to recover a deer that carries off the arrow it will have a better chance of dislodging the full than the swept. The swept is illegal in some states since it’s considered barbed.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

7. ILbowhntr

Dislikes Received:

8. Bowhuntr64

Bowhuntr64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve had zero issues with them damaging my targets—and I’ve shot hundreds of them into my targets over the years. Both Swept and Full come out just like any other head. I’ve taken a lot of animals with both and have tested both extensively, and prefer the Swept. They’re just as durable as the Full, because the narrowest part of the blades are the same on both. The Swept is a bit more forgiving in flight due to less blade surface and penetrates slightly more due to less blade friction. But both are great. I consider the Exodus the best overall fixed/replaceable blade head on the market in the normal price category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. ILbowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    Decided on 125 Fulls and got them today.
    Even though it’s 100+ here today, I had to shoot them.
    Very little sight adjustment, flew great and sharp as heck out of the pack. Saw no more damage to my targets than any other broadheads.
    Headed to Tennessee on Sunday for a hog hunt and I’ll have them on the end of my FMJs.

10. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck! They work hard for you !

dstouffer likes this.
  11. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    in reference to testing which spine my SR350 prefers, I'll be using the Vel. XT 300's ... arrow flight is great with the Exodus .. I killed a buck last season with the Wicked Tricks, this season I'll concentrate on getting one with the Exodus and the WT's will be the secondary/backup head .. ....

12. ILbowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    They worked pretty darn good! 86FB9023-660B-4C53-A243-DC2826E17E64.jpeg

cantexian likes this.
  13. Bowhuntr64

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot both of them extensively. The Swept is slightly more forgiving in flight and every bit as durable, as the narrowest part of the unsupported blades are the same thickness. In some instances I've read about, the Full blades have compressed back into the arrow shaft and broken it. I've never seen that, but it would never happen with the Swept. I've never had any problem pulling either one out of targets.

14. ILbowhntr

Dislikes Received:
    John, I’ve been pondering this.
    If the Full blades flex enough to break the shaft when they contact it, wouldn’t the Swept blades flex to the point of bending or breaking? Both blades are .040 and the Swept have less material.
    I did a lot of research before jumping on the Exodus wagon and never came across this issue. I can see how it could happen, but I use footers on my FMJs, so not too worried.

15. Bowhuntr64

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I've never observed that happening, but only read about it shortly after Exodus came out. But if it were to happen, the reason it would only affect the Full is that they almost butt up against the arrow shaft...whereas the Swept blades are a long ways away from it. The Full would only have to flex less than 1/4" and they would impact the shaft.

16. Robert Lowe

Robert Lowe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Long time NAP spitfire shooter. Been contemplating trying fixed heads. I am vacillating between the QAD and the Magnus Black Hornets. picked up the black hornets already. I need to pick up some QAD to do some shooting and compare.

Bowhuntr64 likes this.