Rivers Edge Treestands

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Gabriel Denzine, Apr 14, 2022.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Like extention ladder feet?

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Small extensions on the bottom of the ladder with feet would be nice - especially if you could adjust them independently to help level the stand out. Just make them use pins that go through the ladder. I can't image that would be too difficult. Give us maybe 4-6" of adjustability on either side.

Shocker99 and oldnotdead like this.
  3. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, what Justin said.

4. Gabriel Denzine

Gabriel Denzine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with this. Some of our budget ladder stands use Cotter Pins to connect the ladder. They will squeak over time. Our Lockdown™ Ladders have the lock knobs (Screw in, screw out) and will not squeak over time.

5. Gabriel Denzine

Dislikes Received:
    Noting for sure!

6. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Non flip up seats! Hawk did this so if you ever have a ladder stand on the drawing board where the seat does not flip up, Dont do it! I like hawks quality but this feature (or lack there of) was a horrible sacrifice. I believe it was the denali model maybe.could be wrong on that. If you wanted to stand you had to stand 2 feet away from the tree on the small platform in front of the seat. Quite comfy when sitting but horrible if you wanted to stand. I personally stand more often and sit only for a small break.

7. Gabriel Denzine

Dislikes Received:
    The majority of our Ladders have a flip up mesh seat, that way you can archery hunt and gun hunt out of the same stand.

8. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Putting ladder rungs closer together would be nice (I'm 76... and my upper body strength is diminished, so it's hard to hang on the rails and over stretch to climb). Having climbing rungs closer might help... and it might benefit youngsters also. You might even consider fabricating a 'youngster' model. I also never felt secure in any stand (ladder or climber) that did not have a front rail. I like your company's idea where the rail can be in use or flipped out of the way; that serves a larger audience.

9. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As others have mentioned in regards to saddle hunting, don't mess with it unless you want to create a viable "climber" platform that is essentially the bottom of a climber stand but smaller. There are plenty of other brands making "hang-on" style platforms for saddle hunting. You are behind the game and will get lost venturing into that market.

I have no opinion on ladder stands as I have always used a climber or saddle set up.

10. Frank Beachel

Frank Beachel Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have 2 Rivers Edge Treestands and one of them has been my Number One Opening Day Rifle Season Stand for over 10 years and has never been out of the tree. It has been adjusted for growth of the tree and that's it. By far, the most comfortable stand I own and when I finally had a chance to grab another one, I didn't hesitate, grabbed it before I had to fight for it. I really would have hated to hurt somebody but Huntin' is Huntin', lol. And this is in the Southern Tier of New York. Some of the suggestions I've seen, like about more nylon, more places is a great idea. If nothing else, keep the net seats STURDY and the stands, themselves, RELIABLE and you'll keep good customers and continue to add more

gltomp likes this.
  11. Planopurist

Planopurist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with many here. I’m looking for the most affordable cast stand with all of the major features: seat leveling, quick-hang attachment, offset bracket for crooked trees. I think light and quiet are fairly implicit.

12. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I love Rivers Edge ladder stands, specifically the Bowman, and I used to use them exclusively on private property. I have had two problems as of late that have prevented me from using them.

1. Availability
    2. Price creep. In fact, the cost of them has skyrocketed in recent years. Get the cost back down to $200 or below and I will start buying them again.

13. Gabriel Denzine

Dislikes Received:
    Make sure you check the hardware on that stand if its been up for 10 years! We do service all parts for replacing bolts, nuts, or whatever may need replacing. Safety.

14. Gabriel Denzine

Dislikes Received:
    We are doing our best, in fact since I've posted this - other treestand companies have had major price increased due to material cost. Lots of things are going on behind the scenes to prevent this at the moment... Prices for 2022 are set in stone already, 2023 is getting balanced out at the moment, but I can't guarantee you anything.

Heckler likes this.
  15. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One more thing Gabe. Seat to stand height.
    I'm average height 5'10". I have some stands that I don't even use because they are either to far or to close together. Makes for real uncomfortable sits.