The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Coke and it's subsidiaries are not allowed in our house to my kids chagrin. They like one over any thing else for a mixer. It's amazing how many things that company has it's hands on.

buzzard317 and Sota like this.
  2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm so sick of all these commercials and ad's attempting to make people believe that diversity is the only thing stopping them from succeeding. You never see a commercial or ad showing how you need to work 60 plus hrs a week. Miss family events, sacrifice time, money and instant gratification. In hope of having a great second half. Teach your kids that sweat, determination and drive is what you need.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

TJF, virginiashadow, gltomp and 5 others like this.
  3. Grouch

Grouch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    according to the commercials i see lately 60% of all marraiges are mixed races, 40 % are gay couples, A white male like myself is totally left out unless they need a moron, This is fine by me, leave me alone in this new woke world

TJF, gltomp, oldnotdead and 5 others like this.
  4. Grouch

Grouch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    TJF heres an idea ! All 5 siblings move into the house ! Will drive her nuts ! Will not take long either

TJF, gltomp, oldnotdead and 3 others like this.
  5. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My advice… S.TH.S (shoot, trackhoe, shutup).

I finished putting in a paver walkway and 150’ of gutter drains over the weekend - all with a manual shovel. I can say from experience that trackhoe beats shovel every single time… particularly if you have red clay because digging in that crap is no joke. Placing 6yd of gravel and 3yd of sand with a shovel and wheelbarrow ain’t no picnic either.

Also, plate compactors aren’t worth a ****. The only thing they got going for them is that the vibration from the soil gets transmitted up your legs and makes your wiener jiggle. Aside from that a Jumping Jack is so much better in every way.
    46B5BE0A-AE67-4072-936A-A67068460705.jpeg

E4763051-BACA-42BF-A501-2222F5AF6CB8.jpeg

CFE870BE-8966-4331-A05B-3C35892F27B7.jpeg

E5E93972-CD82-4472-AF54-792B8BE75B5B.jpeg

4E552533-9A2F-484E-A87C-5ABD70004CD5.jpeg

9DE1B123-2356-4CAE-AEA5-52E589459822.jpeg

TJF, gltomp, oldnotdead and 3 others like this.
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You know you can hire people to do that BS for you.

cantexian likes this.
  7. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Looks nice. Way too much manual labor for me. Probably why I have a TLB (tractor loader backhoe). I have a Mantis as well.

At my age I have most of the tools needed to make work easier or so I thought. They just seem to make one work just that much more.

My work motto: Work smarter not harder.

oldnotdead likes this.
  8. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    Yep… got quotes from 3 different people and they ranged from $6,500 - $8,500. The major sticking point was that the earliest someone could start was October and that was the $8,500 guy. The other guys weren’t even sure if they could do it this year. Around here all the folks who do pavers and gutter/yard drainage are landscapers so they typically spend the whole summer cutting grass and do the pavers and drainage install in the off season. And at the end of the day, $6,500 in after-tax savings is roughly equivalent $10,000 in income once you factor in the government’s cut and $10,000 for two weekends worth of work isn’t bad in my book.

9. opossumhunterNC

Dislikes Received:
    I considered renting a mini-excavator but the closest rental place to me is 75 miles away and it was going to be a couple grand with delivery/pickup fees and I’d still have to hand dig a lot of the trenches for the drainage anyway. There are 3 more downspouts and a trench drain that you can’t see which are tied into that same pipe. They’re located along the side of the house around the corner to the right and that’s the same side of the house where the electrical, cable, and gas enter as well as the side where all the heat pump condensers are located so I had to cross over all those buried utilities (and they’re not very deep since it’s right next to where they come up out of the ground and connect to the meters and service panels) as well as go behind the hvac condensers and under their respective refrigerant lines and electrical connections.

10. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

INDEED!!

11. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Someone has to be the executor of the trust. That someone is responsible to protect the assets/value of the trust. That person should also have pics or videos of everything that is on the property to establish what is currently there. Those pics/videos to be shared with all listed on the trust.

If I were the executor, I would go so far as to claim anyone staying at the homestead is required to pay rent and all utilities. It is not fair to the others that one person incurs costs that must be born by the rest of the family. Barring that, I would change the locks and report anyone who broke into the house.

This works especially well if there is a clause in the trust that states that no one in the trust can sue anyone else in the trust-any disputes must go through arbitration.

As executor of our family trust, I am going through something like this with my family but my mom is still alive. I have a family member that thinks they are an "owner" and can take whatever they want from the property.

I will also add that I am moms POA. That does help while she is alive as she is the owner of all that is on the homestead.

Had a "nice" conversation with said family members lawyer when they called to tell me they would sue me if my family member was not allowed access to the homestead. A couple days later I got another call telling me that they would in fact NOT be filing suit. Seems they finally read the trust document and found out that mom was still alive.

Stay strong with the rest of your siblings and stand up for what is right.

oldnotdead and TJF like this.
  12. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    She knows just like squatters once she is in the door they can not get her back out without a legal battle that will cost $$$$$. Check your state's squatter laws before she has a chance to get a foot in the door or one of you get there first and change the locks.

TJF and dnoodles like this.
  13. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Wow wow wow they just plain ole not hiding the fact that Obama is running the country. So much for elections and two term presidents.

gltomp, dnoodles and GregH like this.
  14. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    of course he is, he said as much going into 2020. There's video saying he would love a third term but didn't want to be the Face, just the guy behind the scenes.

And it's his entire old staff, Sullivan, Rice, Mayorkas, Blinken, hell even Kerry.

oldnotdead likes this.
  15. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Now that you’ve drunk the DEI cool-aid, it’s time to beat you over the head about with ESG!

16. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    https://gettr.com/post/p13qfzo99e8

^ what he said

17. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    She doesn't have a key but we are going to change the locks to be safe. I did call her tonight. Conversation went really well. Told her that we all agreed to the rules and there wouldn't be any changes. Told her what the plan was to see if she had any concerns. She said she was happy with them. She said she really wanted only two things from the house. One of them was what I wanted but I had already figured she might be interested in it. Told her she could have it.

Will check into the squatter law. After talking to her and knowing her past, she sees dollar signs. She may just play nice to not mess up by slowing things down to get the cash. We have that in our favor. No one is walking away with a lot of cash in the end. The longer they make this take to get done, the less they get.

oldnotdead likes this.
  18. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Situations like yours and @picman kind of making me glad my wife is an only child, just to avoid the family problems with the estate. Now that her father has passed, my wife stands to do quite well unless her mother spends the next 10 years in a nursing home. I doubt she will live that long, but, her health is declining to where she will soon not be able to live independently and the MIL is in complete denial about it. So we have that fight coming.

TJF likes this.
  19. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:

I 're-read that post and see I left out the biggest point
    "No longer trying to hide"
    Yes I saw that video and knew that with all things they telegraphed their true plans.
    I never thought I'd say this but I felt profoundly sad watching how all those arrogant F's treated Biden when Obama was at the White House. Obama will not stop until he has completely destroyed this country something I said when he was running the first time. That said the sickening elder abuse of Biden was on full view and guaranteed to get worse before they oust him.

gltomp and dnoodles like this.
  20. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    People can be cruel.

oldnotdead likes this.