The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    obviously I don't 'like' any of this, but I feel for you brother.

Sota and oldnotdead like this.
  2. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    funny but honest question- have you been driven to extremely risky behavior in the past year?
    That's supposedly a symptom of toxo...

3. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^
    BRO!

that's exactly the kinda 'risky' behavior/thoughts I was talking about in my last post and I had not read this post of yours yet.
    Supposedly toxo- makes people super aggressive and often times casually horny.

virginiashadow likes this.
  4. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    me also.
    Back 40 behind my house has been cornfields since way before I bought. It got bought by a developer 3 years ago and last year they finally got it re-zoned...multi family residential. They started flagging it for utilities last month. Lucky for me it's a 55 and older community and there will still be a 20 yard wide woodline between my property and the parking lot...but still.

5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So way back when Experian had their data breech they offered 4 years of credit monitoring as compensation. I just recently received the sign up offer and signed up.

Today I get am email that my new credit report is available. Scan down the emails and see another one from them about a new sex offender alert. Freaked me out so I opened it.

Screenshot_20220311-102142_Email.jpg

Why the hell are credit services monitoring sex offender lists?

Sota likes this.
  6. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In August of 2020 - my Mom was rushed to the hospital. They diagnosed it as cancer in the fluid surrounding the brain. Turned her NPO - and pain drip. She'd SCREAM in pain, it was awful. She was discharged home on hospice. Pain meds, anxiety and still NPO. We planned her funeral, I wrote her obituary, we went and got cemetery plots - the whole nine yards. It was awful. She started coming around and we gave her the little sponge with some water. Then she started waking up and wanted food. We said, it's the end, give her what she wants.

A year and a half later, she is off hospice, back to driving, did NOT have cancer in her fluids - a true mystery.

But, my point is, I feel they would have killed her from starvation/dehydration if she stayed in the hospital and we didn't bring her home. They didn't expect her to last three days.

I am so sorry you're going through it. I don't wish it on anyone.

Brian Walters likes this.
  7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Home to unpack and repack headed back to the airport in the morning. You may remember that I said my Mom is the toughest person I have ever known, she is still going. Don't get me wrong but I don't want to visit my Mom tomorrow, I don't want to see what is laying there, that is not my Mom.

Brian Walters likes this.
  8. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Min gas prices around $4.20. Fing awesome.

9. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    MIL got a quick moving Alzheimer's , in that it took her mind pretty quickly. She survived it for over 15yrs. When they moved her to a nursing home in Texas 2yrs in hubby said good bye to her. He never went out to visit his family and won't. He remembers them all at the families best time. He talks to his Dad weekly but he will never see him again. So I understand your feelings.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to be with my Dad, I will tell him I will look after the dogs go be care free go to home depot or lowes go to a book store, just stay out of strip bars. I kid my Dad is not a strip joint kind of guy but the gold digger sharks will circle.

11. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    WARNING I AM PLAYING RACE CARD...WTH!

The blank Panther director a blk. Man goes the BOA to withdraw 12,000. He gives his name and I'D with a debit card to a BLACK TELLER. He also hands her a note asking for the withdraw and for her to be discreet. He was worried about his safety. With other around him in the bank seeing him getting that much money...What does th Blk. Teller do? Calls the cops and they have to come detain him. HIGher the bank apologized and he's SO I with all of it done deal..
    If that had been a white teller you can bet your fan dan it would be main stream news FOR MONTHS she would have been drawn and quartered in the media, fired and never allowed to work any place ever again and EVERYONE would have been screaming RACISM AND RACIAL PROFILING. The officers would be put on leave and investigated....

12. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Ps saw video on YouTube NBC news and inside edition

13. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    NOTE, edited
    That's how I felt when my mom was in the skilled nursing facility. She suffered with dementia. She didn't know us, couldn't speak, feed herself or dress, bathe, etc... I visited often, but hated seeing her like that. Like stated in an earlier post... she was there, but not there. Prayers Sota for all...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Sota likes this.
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If you are making a sizable cash withdrawal you call the bank and talk to the manager, you show up and are seated in an office, offered a beverage and they bring in the cash. On large $ amounts they appreciate a days notice. What happened was not racism it was ignorance by a customer. Can not believe that he does not have a personal banker he can call.

virginiashadow likes this.
  15. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Think you may have missed my point. That said agree with procedures that are usually done.

16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nope just offering my input from personal experience, I only pay cash for my toys and on occasion I need substantial cash, 1 call to my contact done, no notes to a teller.

17. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    SOB! Cold, snow, winds.....NO POWER!

18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Hhmmm. Putin? Oh well probably Biden getting us use to his new green energy norm of year around rolling outages.
    Look at California or really hot weather states when too many air conditioners are all going at once. Now imagine that with millions of cars all charging too.....

19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Unhappy dogs, I have the suitcase out again. I open the bathroom door and they are waiting right outside the door, every where I go I have dogs following me.

oldnotdead likes this.
  20. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Joe Buck going to Monday Night Football. :rant:

cantexian, gltomp and Sota like this.