The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And next year you can get that same bow, used, for a deal!

Rowdyray and cantexian like this.
  2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    he was only a 'writer' inasmuch as he was a publisher of propoganda...he was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, an anti-Saudi antagonist posing as an opinion writer, and likely a Turkish and/or Iranian intelligence operative.

His 'job' was to 'expose' the Saudis (for the rats that they are) in order to derail the Israel/Suadi peace accords.

3. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

cantexian and Sota like this.
  4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So I waited till today to snowblow the neighbors driveway. 13" of drifted snow hard packed. I was sweating like a fat kid wresting that sob machine. I must have pulled that damn thing backwards a quarter mile. Feeling good though. Oh yeah when I got done I had a damn beer too.

Rowdyray, oldnotdead and gltomp like this.
  5. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    hell yeah, it's Beer:30 !

6. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Haha! It felt like I could have held it at full draw all night long.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am headed back to the fire base as a favor to my good friend to teach pump basics, union clown do not want me there, got around it by doing it for free. Will enjoy doing it knowing it bugs the union boys, will do it better too. Sorry union magic wand when it comes to actually earning qualifications sickens me.

dnoodles, oldnotdead and wl704 like this.
  8. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I really miss Lawrence and Mildred. They were great neighbors, but both are gone now. Their daughter and son now live there. The son allows lived there. Lawrence was very smart and knew how things worked. These two don't have half a brain between the two of them. That was Lawrence's words, not mine. Today they proved Lawrence right again. I was back in the alley way between our two places. The daughter came out of the house and wanted to know who I was and what business I had walking there. Granted I was dressed in heavy clothes and a cap on. It took me a couple minutes to convince her I was their neighbor of 30 years. She kept saying, no you aren't. Tyler was with me and was laughing his arse off. I finally took my hat off. Oh it is you, Tim!! No ****!!!!!!!

Then when things should have gotten better, they took a nosedive. She said my sewer was leaking into their water well. I told her that was impossible. Nope, I apparently have a leak and it is getting into their well because my sewer is higher than their well and the leak is running down hill. Her brother told her that. The last couple years, they have to run the water for a couple minutes because it has a faint sewer smell before it clears up. I told her she had other problems and it isn't on account of my sewer. She told me nope, you need to find the leak. I was starting to get a little pissed so I said I would check into it so not to say something I might regret. I do try hard to be a good neighbor.

If my sewer was the problem, running their water a couple minutes wouldn't clear it up. They need to shock their well because they have bacteria growing in the old cast pipes, cooper pipes and the well casing itself. It is a really old well. I can see her not knowing that, but Dennis should. But since Dennis never had a half a brain, I will go talk to him and try to explain it. If you have a water well you have to shock treat it every once in a while. That is just common sense. God, I miss Lawrence!!!!!

9. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Makes me glad that my neighbors live pretty far from me.

Got me wondering about shocking the well. We do it at the bar because the health dept. recommends it if a water test indicates it is starting to need it. My home well has never been shocked for the 12+ years I've owned it. I haven't had any problems with it.

Is your well a shared well? I lived in a house that had a well that was shared with 2 other houses. Not that that made any difference for shocking it. Just curious. If you shared your well with the neighbor, you would have the same problem as them if it was a real problem.

10. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have a rant that I caused myself. Last week I was plowing my driveway at home with my dump truck. After back dragging away from the deck I back up close to the house and push the snow off the far side of the driveway. While doing so I got a call from my son. I stopped with my foot on the brake and told him I'd call him back in a bit. I put the phone down, dropped the plow and went to push the snow. Damn it! The truck was still in reverse. I bumped into the 4x4 post of the hand rail at the bottom of the steps and broke it. It don't take much with a heavy truck like that.

I just created another project for myself that I really didn't need.

dnoodles, TJF and Sota like this.
  11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The sewer odor is sulfer in the water, I would bet the young couples water usage is higher than the older occupants and they are putting a demand on the well it has not had in the past.

12. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So for my procedure I get a call to go over recent medical history. This included medications and suppliments. The computer would not allow this poor woman to enter what I take. It did not recognize D3, Zinc, magnisium oxate, potasium glutamate, B12, B6....
    So I wonder what suppliments would it except?! I was
    asked me about reactions to things... YES a very important one. Anesthesia. Given the wrong one I will puke my self inside out for literally hours! The computer would not let that in either and was told I have to mention it before they put me under! I've only told 4 different people this already and still not in records...gee I wonder why I've had cold sweats, a tension head ache, clenched jaw pain in the mornings and a sour stomach the past week.

13. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not really a rant but every young guy on my squad is having a baby. 3rd person in a row out for months on fmla since early last fall. Have a feeling a 4th person is looming. Haha. Young kids.

Shocker99, dnoodles and TJF like this.
  14. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No we don't share a well. They are the last to have their own well in town that I know of. The rest of us have rural water piped in because the water was so bad from the wells. That happened before I moved here. The town got a grant and everyone bailed from having to deal with the poor water. Lawrence told me when I first moved here that he got lucky with his well and the water was good. It is a very old well though. While Sota could be right and it is sulfur in the water. I am pretty sure it is just a bacteria that produces hydrogen sulfide. It is a common problem here with wells. Either way, we are both right. :poke: We have to shock treat the wells with chlorine pellets, flush out the water system to get rid the chlorine and the sewage smell. Normally you go quite a few years before you have to do it again. I am pretty sure at some point in time Larwence had done it to his well when he was a live.

Sota and GregH like this.
  15. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, it's not. (I wish it were!) He told my dispatcher he'd have to bring his dog in tomorrow because he wife wont be home to watch it. She told him he needed to talk to myself or the other supervisor as there are some legal issues with it....here we are, hours later, still haven't heard from him.

With that being said, this same person did an interview TODAY during work.

16. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Without anything to HR?

I guess this has to be a Nancy Reagan "just say no" thing to the dog.

Did they clock out for the interview? If not, sounds like a self-termination to me.

I'm not a lawyer, I just play one on the interwebs….

I'd only wish this on my worst enemy.

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wage theft, it's called. I would tell the man it is a dog not a child, leave the dog at home.

picman and virginiashadow like this.
  18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    For crying out loud... They had me all worked up over this covid test it was nothing...
    So My hospital is 10-12 miles away. They make me drive 20 miles to get the covid test. So I'm thinking it's the brain poke one they are requiring. NO! It was a simple circle around this end of both nostrils and off you go. Really no justification for making people travel that far to get a covid test when the hospital is so near. Let me tell you there were cars lined up around the building...Thank God I'm a must be a half hour early person...second in line. Got to a tossing and turn sleep at 2a.m. . Awake to hubby yelling at some one over the phone at 5:45 . Luckily he had the coffee done by then. One would think by now they would have learned, calling him that early is akin to ordering a grief sandwich. Dear Lord I can't wait until March 8th.

19. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The State of NC Department of Fish and Wildlife sends a letter to a home/landowner asking for permission to access a creek on his property to document the decline in a certain species of unheard of frogs.

Letter from NC Dept. Of Fish & Wildlife:

Dear Landowner: NCWRC Staff will be conducting surveys for foothill yellow-legged frogs & other amphibians over the next few months. As part of this research we would like to survey the creek on your property. I am writing this letter to request your permission to access your property.
    Recent research indicates that foothill yellow-legged frogs have declined significantly in recent years and are no longer found at half their historic sites. Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated and will help contribute to the conservation of this important species.
    Please fill out the attached postage-paid postcard and let us know if you are willing to let us cross your property or not.
    If you have any concerns about this project please give us a call. We would love to talk with you about our research.

Sincerely
    Steve Niemela
    Conservation Strategy Implementation Biologist
    RESPONSE FROM LANDOWNER:

Dear Mr. Niemela:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding accessing our property to survey for the yellow-legged frog. We may be able to help you out with this matter.
    We have divided our 2.26 acres into 75 equal survey units with a draw tag for each unit. Application fees are only $8.00 per unit after you purchase the "Frog Survey License" ($120.00 resident / $180.00 Non-Resident). You will also need to obtain a "Frog Habitat" parking permit ($10.00 per vehicle).

You will also need an "Invasive Species" stamp ($15.00 for the first vehicle and $5.00 for each add'l vehicle) You will also want to register at the Check Station to have your vehicle inspected for Non-native plant life prior to entering our property. There is also a Day Use fee, $5.00 per vehicle.

If you are successful in the Draw you will be notified two weeks in advance so you can make necessary plans and purchase your "Creek Habitat" stamp. ($18.00 Resident / $140.00 Non-Resident).

Survey units open between 8 am. And 3 PM. But you cannot commence survey until 9 am. And must cease all survey activity by 1 PM.

Survey Gear can only include a net with a 2" diameter made of 100% organic cotton netting with no longer than an 18 in handle, non-weighted and no deeper than 6' from net frame to bottom of net. Handles can only be made of BPA-free plastics or wooden handles.

After 1 PM. You can use a net with a 3" diameter if you purchase the "Frog Net Endorsement" ($75.00 Resident / $250 Non-Resident).

Any frogs captured that are released will need to be released with an approved release device back into the environment unharmed.

As of June 1, we are offering draw tags for our "Premium Survey" units and application is again only $8.00 per application.
    However, all fees can be waived if you can verify "Native Indian Tribal rights and status".

You will also need to provide evidence of successful completion of "Frog Surveys and Your" comprehensive course on frog identification, safe handling practices, and self-defense strategies for frog attacks.
    This course is offered on-line through an accredited program for a nominal fee of $750.00.

Please let us know if we can be of assistance to you. Otherwise, we decline your access to our property but appreciate your inquiry.

Sincerely,
    Larry & Amanda Anderson.

dnoodles, gltomp, JeffC and 2 others like this.
  20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    I hope someone had the nads to copy and post that up in several offices....

gltomp, cantexian and Heckler like this.