The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ladder trucks allow water to be applied from above, allows to extend over the structure, very useful when in defense mode no need to risk entry. Plus fire coming thru the roof the place is a goner.

gltomp and oldnotdead like this.
  2. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No, this is the first I've dealt with any of this - and nothing was filed with me. He hasn't even told ME that he is planning or needing to do this. I found out through my scheduler.

PUC passed me to health department. Health department was unaware, will call me back (no call yet). My attorney sent me to another office/attorney - no call back yet. My auto insurance/liability carriers, no response yet as they're consulting an underwriting team to see their stance.

This is such a unique situation due to the fact he is driving. If he wasn't driving, I wouldn't even be concerned.

3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hello estranged coworker,

It has been six months since (you asked me to fix your problems) we spoke last. Thanks for finally sending me those receipts for reimbursement six months past the 30 day time limit for reimbursement submission. I will be sure to jump right on submitting that since it is so important to you. I can't imagine there will be any trouble with that.

Thanks,

I can’t help because you can’t follow directions that I have repeated multiple times.

4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll trade you 6 inept clients for my 1 hostile client, anyday.

virginiashadow and cantexian like this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will trade 6 tardy employees and a pissed client in Oman, with a few other aged receivables for both groups.

cantexian and wl704 like this.
  6. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ill trade a handful of gen z “apprentices” who thought learning a skilled trade came with automatic 6 figure pay and not getting their hands a little dirty in the process. These lazy little turds wont put their phones down long enough to learn anything. Do not use critical thinking or logical problem solving and dont care to learn those techniques . (We tell them one time to stay off their phones, if they choose to be distracted when they should be learning then thats on them) they will regret it when they want their apprentice packets signed off and we say hell no. No pay raise and possible probation or termination.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Kick their ass sea bass.

cantexian and Shocker99 like this.
  8. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, but do they have PhDs and no common sense or concepts of things like deadlines and fiscal responsibilities?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    Sota likes this.
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Have a few with PHD's in ignorance?:confused:

oldnotdead and cantexian like this.
  10. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    hit-slapped.gif

cantexian, Sota and Shocker99 like this.
  11. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  12. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Is this his personal pet?

EMOTIONAL SUPPORT animals are NOT protected under ADA.

Without infringing on any of your employees rights, you are entitled to ask if the animal is required due to a disability. And what work or task the animal, which has to be individually trained, would do for the person with the disability.

The gray area is the wording under ADA that says "reasonable modifications".

I sure don't envy the position you are in. Good luck. Hopefully, counsel will have advice for you.

13. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fair, but a ptsd diagnosis could throw the wrench into the mix.

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This truckers convoy, the mandates are going to expire before they even get to DC? I am just glad they are not taking I 94.

15. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    It's his "service dog" - but the horror stories he told me in the past makes me question that. He said he took it out to eat with him and it crawled under the bench and sat in the corner because it's afraid of people. Or that he'll be driving down the road and it crawls under the seat as far as it can go.

Noone has gotten back to me yet. Thankfully he hasn't brought it with him, yet. I do know he has an interview at another place Tuesday....maybe that'll make this headache go away. I mean, I don't need to lose an employee - but I feel that this has problems written all over it.

16. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Actually, I would believe that it would clarify things. What is required of both parties would be more defined.

We would need more detail from Pink Pony to ascertain what is a "reasonable accommodating" given the company is medical transport.

Are the drivers trained EMT/Paramedics? Are there any on board if the first answer is no?

Is it reasonable to expect a non-trained person to know how to deal with anaphylaxis? Is it reasonable to transport an unconscious person who cannot advocate for themselves that they are allergic to the animal. Or what about the next patient who is allergic but the animal is not onboard at the time?

I think most of us would say no, it is not reasonable. But courts have taken a view counter to commons sense at times.

First thing for Pink Pony to find out is if her company even needs to worry about ADA requirement. There are exemptions for some private businesses.

A good attorney is needed here.

17. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

That doesn't sound like a service dog. Having family with service animals, I can say that is abnormal behavior and that animal never would have been given to anyone with a disability. In order to service their patient, these animals need to be nearly 100% "bomb proof"

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My Mom and Dad used to have service animal vests for their dogs. They put them when the flew, used to bug the **** out me. Well one day they are flying out and at the gate when their "service dogs" got loose and bolted down the concourse. Some service dogs they were. Turns out their last dog died on a flight, they went to desend into Tampa and the dog was laying there dead. I suspect he may have gotten into my Mom's "medicine"

19. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    I agree completely. I know a few service animals, also, and this one does not pass that vibe check. I just cannot find black and white answers on what I am legally allowed to request to see.

I bring my dog to work with me. I work in an office by myself. I have no patients nor drive a company vehicle. However, I feel my dogs are trained better then what I've heard about his.

20. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received: