Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How long until this topic is on page 2 and we don't talk about covid every day?

2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nov. 9, 2022.

3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    4 months after WHO declares the Pandemic is over. Will have 1 month of did the WHO make the right decision? The following month will be coping with life after Covid and learning to trust being in public without safety precautions. The 3rd and 4th month will be a mixture of the first 2 with a few scares mixed in with possible new variants and several new "flu's" discovered, finally ending with pondering when the next Pandemic will occur.

My guess on when that final month is? September of this year leaving October as a victory parade leading into the midrterm, which would have the Pandemic end in May.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Without JCAR extending the mask mandate, JB doesn't have much of a leg to stand on right now. I'm not even sure what exactly he's bringing to the Supreme Court at this point. There is no mandate in place and nothing left to appeal.

He's the Liberal version of Trump. Super rich and used to suing his way to victory and doesn't like being told no. Poor guy has never had to deal with not getting his way before.

5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Always a Dem, when will everyone just stop listening/abiding? What are they going to do? Arrest everyone?

Outside of a health facility I haven't worn a mask in months(aside from the time I had Covid(6th day and no real symptoms) and went into a grocery store for literally 2 minutes.

Mandate here is supposed to end the 28th, what is 7 more days of masks accomplishing? I don't understand date specific endings, just come out and say they're over. No need to specify a date it miraculously becomes safe so you can script your victory celebrations.

Maybe Biden will make another promise for a Memorial Day cookout if we just wear a mask and get a shot before then, we can declare it over..... maybe, but only if....

Screenshot_20220221-143615_Chrome.jpg

8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When does WW3 start?

9. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting

10. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Wait until the NIH-funded study results are released. If they find Ivermectin doesn't work, people will blame them as being corrupt and untrustworthy. If they find it does, their heads may explode. :lol:

You guys can still get in on the Ivermectin testing if you want: https://activ6study.org/

11. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The CDC IS corrupt and un trustworthy as it is ... BIG pharma owns them ....

Lies and disinformation from the "powers that be" .... Ivermectin DOES work, but BIG pharma wants their products used and this is how they "lie/cheat/steal" their way to it ..... its all about the Benjamins ....

The Disinformation Campaign Against Ivermectin - JAMA's "Diversion"
    Big Pharma influences high-impact journals to selectively publish (purportedly) negative studies while outright rejecting positive studies from publication. JAMA did it again yesterday.

https://pierrekory.substack.com/p/the-d ... source=url

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have had discussions with people who mock the potential of Ivermectin, calling it horse paste (willful ignorance) I explain my wife's heart inflammation from the shot is being treated with a drug to treat gout. A drug can be used to treat many ailments so why mock what you do not know. The media is 100% responsible for the people calling ivermectin horse paste.

GregH, oldnotdead, Hotrod9 and 2 others like this.
  13. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    here is more info on the so called 'study' ..

Ivermectin has been praised by some doctors as a life-saving early treatment for COVID-19. At least two groups, the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) and the British Ivermectin Recommendation Development Group (BIRD), have been advocating for the off-label use of ivermectin to treat COVID-19 in its early stages.

The World Health Organization features ivermectin on its List of Essential Medicines. It is also approved as an antiparasitic agent by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

On Feb. 19, the FLCCC rejected the conclusions of the I-TECH Randomized Clinical Trial and called it “misleading” and “underpowered.” The group also said that the study authors reached “a conclusion that inexplicably departs from the study’s own data.”

Dr. Paul Marik, a neurocritical care doctor who is the chairman and chief scientific officer of the FLCCC, said the study was “clearly designed to fail.”

“The authors selected out patients with mild or moderate disease who were at low risk of having a major event. Consequently it was grossly underpowered for any meaningful patient-centered outcome,” he said in a statement, later adding, “It is clear that a massive study would have been far better to determine greater statistical significance.”

Dr. Pierre Kory, FLCCC president and chief medical officer, said the study’s conclusion is “flat out wrong and highly misleading.”

“In the study’s control group, two-and-a-half times more patients had to be placed on mechanical ventilation—and there were three times more deaths in the control group,” Kory, a pulmonologist, said in a statement. “This shows that ivermectin causes a 75 [percent] risk reduction in death and further strengthens metadata of ivermectin’s large mortality benefits in severe COVID.”

Kory was referring to the results of the study, which found that four people in the ivermectin group needed mechanical ventilation compared to 10 people in the control group; six people in the ivermectin group needed admission to ICU compared to eight in the control group; and three people in the ivermectin group died, compared to 10 people in the control group.

Meanwhile, FLCCC co-founder Dr. Keith Berkowitz noted that the strongest p-value in the entire study, which is the measure of statistical significance, was for the 28-day hospital mortality, which was at .09. A p-value of less than .05 would be considered statistically significant.

Berkowitz commented that the study was “too limited and small to even be randomized,” but despite that, the results still “trended in favor of ivermectin.”

The FLCCC also criticized the fact that all the study participants had been experiencing symptoms for five days when they were enrolled in the study, and said that ivermectin treatment started too late in the disease.

“As those of you who have been following the FLCCC know, early treatment (within the first ONE OR TWO DAYS of symptom onset) is critical to slow virus replication and impeded progression to severe disease,” the FLCCC said. “So the authors of the study reported that ivermectin was not helpful in preventing progression to severe disease—among study patients who had been started too late in their disease at the start. Nevertheless, the authors concluded that [ivermectin] was not helpful in the treatment of COVID.”

“This study is in line with the major medical journals which will only publish negative studies on ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine,” Marik said. “They simply will not publish any of the dozens of positive studies that have emerged. This constitutes enormous, deliberate publication bias, which is immensely injurious to scientific truth—and to patients throughout the world.”

The FLCCC group accused the I-TECH Randomized Clinical Trial and JAMA of having “[dismissed] the totality of peer-reviewed, published evidence (and a number of summary meta-analyses) showing repeatedly shorter times to clinical recovery, fewer hospitalizations, and far less death when COVID patients are treated with ivermectin.”

GregH likes this.
  14. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    dnoodles tested, dnoodles approved.

Saved my sister's life. She turned around less than 48 hours after we were told she had less than a 10% chance to live and we should start planning her funeral.

15. Hotrod9

Hotrod9 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Being that ivermectin is a safe drug to take. Why not allow the people that want to take ivermectin to take it. And then give the “horse paste” proclaimers either fluvoxamine or nothing and see who fairs better… There are plenty of people on both sides.

cantexian, GregH, Sota and 1 other person like this.
  16. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    that would make to much sense, BIG pharma is afraid of losing money and customers for the non-vaccines .... Jabs, the new Heroine, gotta have more, and more and more and ....

cured.jpg

Hotrod9, ash d, GregH and 1 other person like this.
  17. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Truer word never spoken. Finally realised that 2 years ago.

18. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's not being used to lower the risk it's being used to fix you once you have covid. Your"vaccine" is claiming to lower symptoms. Which isn't even a measurable matrix.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

dnoodles likes this.
  19. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When I was having bad migrains weekly. One happened at the doctors office waiting for a yearly exam. They immediately gave me heart medication and then had me on that medication to stop the migrains. Funny, pregnancy was finally the thing that stopped them. Obviously a hormone reset.

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am finally returning to the show I was at when the covid shut down started. Michigan State in March

dnoodles likes this.