Looking for someone to feature on TV?

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Sinbad, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Sinbad

Sinbad Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi everyone,

I am a TV producer looking to do a short TV feature on a hunter who is bow hunting due to ammo shortage in the firearms sector. If you are a hunter who does firearms and bow, and you have developed a preference for bow hunting recently due to rising ammo prices and availability, then I would love to discuss this with you.

What it entails at your end?

Basically my TV reports are shot showing "A DAY IN THE LIFE OF ..." In this case it would be you. I will come to you with a camera crew. We will most likely film you practicing your bow or actually hunting with it. Then there will be a sit down interview in which you will explain the difference between bowhunting and firearms hunting and the economic factors that caused you to prefer bow hunting.

If there is anyone here who would like to do this then I would love to discuss this more.

2. Shoot Straight

Shoot Straight Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Sinbad, the other post that you authored today said that you yourself were getting into bowhunting. Are you looking into producing hunting content and star in that content as well, like building your own brand from the ground up? Or, are you just trying to gather information for this one show on the agenda? This site is full of helpful guys, just let us know what you have questions on and any of us would be glad to help.

3. Sinbad

Sinbad Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi ShootStraight. I produce TV and I appear on a lot of television content that goes on air overseas. Most of these are documentaries and news feature reports. I do not do hunting or fishing shows (though I would love to.) On a personal level, I am very much interested in bowhunting on a personal level. I think it is something I can pursue on a long term outside of "work" too.

This particular TV piece that I will be doing is a five minute TV feature. But in order to produce those 5 minutes we will be filming for 2 - 3 hours. Then I will edit the good takes and put together something that is visually appealing and also informative. It would give people who have never been into bow hunting a chance to see what goes into it. I think it will be a lot of fun.