Pro Staff?

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by DanyeckAdventures, Apr 6, 2018.

1. gregm

gregm Newb

Dislikes Received:
    what is the advantage of being a "pro staffer" - saw JZ mentioned companies cannot give free gear to 20 hunters, so it's obviously not a free bow each year. They get paid for their videos? trying to film as well seems like making hunting all the more harder than just hunting. just curious

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I can't speak for all of the guys on our team, but I would venture to guess most of them do it for the love of filming hunts and the camaraderie/friendships with the other team members. We're like a big, happy, dysfunctional family!

Getting paid for your contributions and getting some free gear is certainly nice, but if those are the only reasons you're doing this, you're "in it for the wrong reasons" as they would say on The Bachelor.*

*Disclaimer: My wife watches that wretched show, not me. I swear! But they should bring back Chris Harrison.

oldnotdead likes this.
  3. gregm

gregm Newb

Dislikes Received:
    cheers mate. Ah the old "my wife / kids watches it" chestnut )) they must be keen on filming then as i saw the thread about all of the equ needed to do a decent job of filming (and time editing etc). good on em.

oldnotdead likes this.
  4. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Seriously...I can't get my phone out and take a decent pic with no deer or turkey around...I can't imagine even with good equipment doing so while hoping for a shot on a deer.....geez...lol

5. gregm

gregm Newb

Dislikes Received:
    you'd hate to spook the deer because you were too busy trying to get the camera angle right before lining up a shot

oldnotdead likes this.
  6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    That just ups the stakes and makes success that much sweeter. It's like going from compound to traditional equipment, except you don't get ridiculed by your friends. :beer:

7. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure who gets "paid" and who doesn't in the dysfunctional fam but someone better make sure Clinton and Franki get taken care of. Those two really carry BHOD on their back. :poke: OUCH!

8. gregm

gregm Newb

Dislikes Received:
    or do they have more free time to go huntin'?

9. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure with what more free time has to do it it but my money says they aren't the ones putting the most hours in. That is a good question though. Who spends the most time in the field on the BHOD team?

10. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Get her to watch Joe Millionaire, I mean Steven was famous here long before he was a TV star…lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It takes a lot to be a Prostaff member. Over the past 9 years I have gotten to know the entire BHOD Team really well. They are all just as crazy as I am! I even went on an antelope hunt with them in 2018. These guys do this because they love it and have become really good at gathering show worthy content. I film all my hunts. I have for 8 years now. I don't think I have yet to put together show worthy content from start to finish. Something seems to go wrong every time I have had the opportunity to kill an animal on film. One of the things you have to keep in mind is the camera takes precedent over everything when hunting. If you can't get the kill shot on camera, then you let that buck of a lifetime walk. How many guys can really do that? Your first ever and maybe only shot a Bonner and you can't get the shot on camera. Will you let him walk and explain to the camera why you did? Can you be that committed? Remember as a Prostaff member, you carry your camera gear Every Time you go hunting. If it's 95 degrees or 5 degrees. Even in the offseason, you are looking for ways to get show content. It's a 24/7 and 365 day position. My advice, learn to and get really good at filming your hunts. Use multiple cam angles. Get some really good kills on film. This will help your case more than anything.