Team 9 - Tag & Drag

Discussion in '2021 Deer Contest' started by Holt, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Rjhart12pt

Rjhart12pt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ohio season ends first weekend in February. I know contest ends this month. I want to get out a few more times. Still a few bucks running around the property. Muzzleloader this weekend. Not sure if I will go out during it or not. Swim meet tonight and tomorrow night. Swim meet Saturday. Volleyball tournament Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

2. fowcbler

fowcbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You got a full schedule. Tough to squeeze in some hunt time.

3. sknox8

sknox8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well plan on getting out Saturday and Sunday afternoon. Been seeing a lot of deer in the winter wheat. Its the last weekend here in Wisconsin. Gonna move my blind to a diff field tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed!

gltomp and Holt like this.
  4. sknox8

sknox8 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well the season is over for me. Moved my blind Saturday morning and sat in the evening in it. Deer were out but nervous of blind. Seen a few small bucks. Tonight I sat in a ladder stand on the edge of woods were a lot of deer have been coming out of. Was well below zero when I left. With the cold I figured I could only manage 2 hours. So walking out there were already like 20 deer in the field. One looked like a decent buck, didn't get a great look at him. Climbed in tree and seen over 40 deer tonight. Never have I seen so many in a sit. Only 1 fork came out. Was trying to shoot a doe but with so many eyes and noses they were on edge anytime one was close to being in range. Its been a fun season with this team. Good luck to the guys that are still grinding away.

Oldcarp, Holt and gltomp like this.
  5. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys it's the last day for the contest. Not sure anyone is still hunting on the team or not? I was able to take my 5th deer of the season this past Wednesday. Like all my hunts, it turned into a big adventure. I ended up losing about a 1/3 of the deer to a coyote. I have one last hunt planned for Wednesday, then hanging it up for the season.

It's been a pleasure to be a part of the team and great to get to know you guys. We had a great run in the beginning and was hopeful to keep it rolling, but fell short.

Until next year fellas!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sknox8 and gltomp like this.
  6. fowcbler

fowcbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That it has.
    Be curious to hear this story of yours. You definitely have a very intriguing hunt everytime out, and are a great example to follow when it comes to perseverance. So thank you.
    Deer season is over, and has been for couple weeks here now. But, bow hunting is not over for me. Plan on trying to make a few runs at hog and with any luck bag a yote, fox, bobcat or even turkey.

sknox8 likes this.
  7. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can type up a summary of it when I get home from work. If anything crazy can happen, seem to happen to me this year, haha.

Hog hunting is a great way to keep in practice for next season. I'm jealous that you have opportunity to hunt them. I have never been, but always wanted to.

8. fowcbler

fowcbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It is super weird to hear people say they are jealous of hog hunting cause around here it is one of the few animals you can literally hunt year round, around the clock.
    I need to pick up some green spot lights for it too...since they are primarily nocturnal.

9. archbunk

archbunk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It’s been great being part of this team. Good luck to all of you. Hope you have a good year

Holt likes this.
  10. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't want them around my area at all, very destructive animals. Like you said, it be nice to have a animal that was available to hunt day, night and year round. At some point in my life I will make a trip south just to hunt them. Most likely east coast, like Georgia.

11. Christopher Jay

Christopher Jay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think we had a good showing this year fellas! Sorry I've been out of pocket for a little bit with work and family. Looking forward to 2022

sknox8, Holt and gltomp like this.