Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    None of your points here are invalid, but they also don't directly refute my statement. If you are vaccinated, you are many times less likely to die from Covid.

As a younger, healthy person is death from Covid relatively unlikely anyways? Yes. Is it even less likely if you're vaccinated? Also, yes.

Here's a look at Texas Covid deaths in the last year or so. The numbers don't lie.

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/immunize/covid19/data/vaccination-status/

2022-01-21 09_26_34-Window.png

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is true, and common sense one would hope, but the question is for me side effects. There is a virus that had been so propped up that who knows how serious and or flu like it really is. It's highly contagious and I get that. But I officially know (personally not interwebs friends) more people that had side effects from the shot than people that were Pure blood and reported the sickness to be a normal flu like sickness with addition of lose of smell and taste.
    In Venatione Veritas

ash d and cantexian like this.
  3. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And you should trust me.... I've surfed on dolphins
    In Venatione Veritas

dnoodles likes this.
  4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I think it's pretty safe to say Covid is far more serious in nature than the flu. Given the number of deaths, hospitalizations, and people with "long haul" symptoms. Is it less severe than flu for a lot of people? Yes. But on the large scale, it's not even close which one does more damage.

Keep in mind your confirmation bias when comparing side effects from Covid versus the jab. We're naturally hesitant of the vaccine, for a variety of reasons, so we're looking for data and anecdotes that confirm our suspicions about then. Likewise, we're looking for the same thing to support the idea that Covid is "no worse than the flu".

I know quite a few people who felt like ass after their jab. My wife was down for the count for about 2 days. I had several employees need to take the next day off work to recover from it. However, none of them had symptoms for more than 2 days, have had any long-term lingering effects, ended up hospitalized, or dead. Conversely, I know quite a few people who were laid out with Covid for a week or more, and several who spent time in the hospital. I also know several who passed away from it. None of them were vaccinated.

Sure it's a small sample size and anecdotal, but that's my experience so far.

5. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I understand and respect that view, but please remember we do not know long term effects yet, as we were the test subjects.
    In Venatione Veritas

cantexian and GregH like this.
  6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wife just informed me she 'had close contact'

Great.

Incubation is what, 3 days? Let me get back to you next week.

7. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I wish I could find the data I am referencing but I can't.
    So grain of salt alert

I read that the most contagious time is the 2 days before you test positive and the most accurate test for it is 3 days after symptoms arrive

In Venatione Veritas

dnoodles likes this.
  8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hey my wife is in the lucky 5% club where her booster caused heart inflammation and her heart attack, she has damage and they are sending her home with a try this drug for a week and come back and will try another if that does not work, she can't drive and they do not know if the inflamation is permanent or not.

9. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    That's terrible to hear. Hopefully it's temporary and she makes a full recovery.

Personally, I wish the government and pharmaceutical companies were more forthcoming with adverse event reporting and statistics. Yes, it is going to cause some hesitancy. As it should. But underreporting or simply ignoring these cases and sweeping them under the rug only fuels the narrative that some nefarious stuff is going on behind the scenes. You can't stop information from getting out there. You may as well try to get in front of it and be honest with people rather than letting them form their own opinions, which are almost always going to be negative.

10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Still Covid free

dnoodles likes this.
  11. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Didn’t you lose your sense of taste a little while ago?
    (Sorry if you explained this before, I missed it)

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

12. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well, so is my wife so I know how you feel, she's been on disability since last Thursday. A cardiologist is Tuesday next week for the next steps, but out of work until Feb 1st, not sure if she will go back.

We might be in the early stages of heart failure we just don't know, sorry about your wife Sota, mine should be in the hospital I have been home taking care of her, she was not "sick" enough for a bed.

13. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure I've had it just never tested positive. I just spent 4 days in a small office with someone who tested positive on day 5 and is real sick. I dont have any symptoms 3 days later.

14. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    US Judge Blocks Biden Federal Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate

U.S. District Judge has enjoined the Biden White House’s vaccine mandate for federal employees, in yet another rebuke of the Biden presidency and COVID-related diktats. The news comes just days after the Supreme Court stayed the regime’s use of OSHA to coerce millions of Americans to get the decreasingly effective injections.

15. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am sorry to hear that, for both your wife and sotas. I’m praying for both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Shocker99 likes this.
  16. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sucks, hospital my wife is in no visitors, I only got a call when she was out of the cath lab other than that only info is from the wife. It sucks that is all you can say. Hope we both get better news soon.

cantexian and Germ like this.
  17. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Makes you realize why immunity was given and they want a 55 year hold on release of information on the "vaccines"

18. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^ NEVER trust big pharma, money comes first to them ...Fauci got rich from this crap, as did numerous congressional puppets ..

19. fowcbler

fowcbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When the Flu first hit the US, 1918 I believe, I remember reading about 1 month in the onset of it killed some 195k americans. The worse month with CV thus far is around 105k. Something like 675k americans died and life expectancy dropped by 12 years. Population back then was considerably smaller, so I might argue that the Flu by in large was in fact worse than CV has been.
    Interestingly enough it has been 100 years since then, and that seems to be general number that history likes to repeat after.

ash d, Shocker99 and dnoodles like this.
  20. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dang Sorta I'm sorry to read that and wish her a full and speedy recovery.
    Now I'm sorry, but need to ask. I assume being your wife she is fit thus not much arm fat. To that, did she request a needle aspiration on that shot?