Team 4 - Bows4Hire

Discussion in '2021 Deer Contest' started by Westfinger, Aug 30, 2021.

1. hunterman927

hunterman927 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I have been playing hide and seek with these darn deer… I hunt one blind and they are at the other two… we will meet up at some point. I am still out here trying guys/gal, it’s just been such a struggle to even see a deer. It’s supposed to be warm again this weekend like upper 70’s possibly a day in the lowers 80’s, so I’ll probably just go fishing.

Westfinger and Shocker99 like this.
  2. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The weather is crazy. We've had some crazy wind this year - but very little snow...I live in the snow belt, so that is very abnormal!

Enjoy the fishing!

hunterman927 and Shocker99 like this.
  3. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So Team 12 has a buck awaiting score from tynimillers buck at taxidermist which pics are deceiving but im guessing 120-ish. We would need at least a doe to be neck and neck with that. Team 6 has had a phenomenal year and are missing im guessing about 250-260 pts from a couple bucks 2 of their teammates posted a pic to their team page and then poofed into thin air. If those 2 guys actually come back to post we would need 3 does. Im just keepin tabs cause its such a nail biter :lol:. I hope nobody feels like im pressuring. I mean this is coming from the guy that jacked up his doe entry haha! Good luck Greg and Wisco and anyone else who get ls out. Hope Rick can put a doe down too. More importantly than killing deer i hope you and your families all have a blessed Christmas and happy new year. Finishing last day at work today then im off till Jan 4th . Looking at the weather i think ill save my hunting until the latter part of that. Get some house chores done while its 60-65 highs. Jan 5th is the big 4-0 for me. :whip:.

4. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    It is a nail biter, for sure. Crazy to think it's this close. Usually first place has walked away with it by now.

Good luck to all. Hope you have a great Christmas. Weather pending - archery opens back up here the 27th!

5. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The contest has definitely been a close race this year and I have a feeling it’s going to go right down to the wire.

There are something like four or five teams within a one buck striking distance of the lead.

Very exciting stuff.

Westfinger, PinkPony and Shocker99 like this.
  6. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Justin Goins is out tracking now for team 15. He shot a buck and a doe last night! I definitely hope he recovers them. Or better yet he made 2 non lethal hits.:poke: But im betting he finds something :lol: good luck to him
    34BA4E1F-9C85-4F1B-B013-3E26BDD7BF13.gif

7. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    We just had 2 teams bump us (when they post justin goins deer) so i think we are still sitting in 3rd. We can still do this. Ill be hitting it next week probably when the weather is cooler

Westfinger and LittleChief like this.
  8. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Stay after em Greg your due!
    No pressure at all. Its nice to be really in the running this late in the game. I've been saying all along this team has what it takes to win it all and I still believe that. Forty is a breeze, Merry Christmas and Happy B-day!
    Good luck if you get out Kristen. Its definitely been a mild winter so far.

9. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The day I killed my buck was 75. Abnormally high and I had zero desire to deer hunt. I went anyway and killed that buck 1.5 hours before dark.

10. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It is for sure a close one. I had fun this season getting after it!

Westfinger, Shocker99 and LittleChief like this.
  11. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Same here. I've hunted hard this year, probably harder than I ever have. I keep remembering the huge buck I shot in the shoulder in September and I also think about the 100-110" buck I let walk on my property. With the exception of the mature half rack buck I saw in Kentucky last week that's the only two shot opportunities I've had at any buck bigger than a little basket rack 5 point. Now I wish I'd shot that half rack buck or that 100-110" buck. :lol:

That's the way it goes though. Like an old Chief I worked with used to say, "Some days you get the bear. Some days the bear gets you." It's been quite a few years since I didn't get a buck. I still have time though, and it's not nearly over yet.

Westfinger, Slugger and Shocker99 like this.
  12. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    I love all these guys that grind till the end. Ive had some of my coolest encounters late season. 2 years ago in january i was hunting some flooded knee deep timber and there was Fresh heavy rubs in the middle of it. Right before dark i had a buck parade come by me at 15 yds. I kept holding out because of course the bucks got bigger and bigger. I think there were 7 total. First one was a huge spike last one was about a 140 class buck. Well one of the last couple bucks picked me off and it was game over lol. Thats just one of many that stick out in my mind.

Westfinger and Slugger like this.
  13. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Presents under tree, in bed, Merry Christmas everyone. God bless you all

Westfinger likes this.
  14. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas Killers! Hope you all have a good one. Hopefully one of you sticks a good one before season ends and we can pull off this magic trick of taking 1st this year!

15. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So we’re heading to the new farm tomorrow for a full week. Lots of work to do but we should be able to hunt quite a few times over the course of the week. I’m hoping to get my son his first deer too while we are down there.

Good luck to the rest of you still out there!

16. hunterman927

hunterman927 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hope everyone had a great Christmas! It was the warmest one we’ve had in 180 something years. Our next cold front comes in at the end of the week. I’ll be getting back out sometime this week but not sure exactly when! We still have a chance! I may be fat, but I’m not a lady and I definitely ain’t singing so it isn’t over just yet!

Shocker99 likes this.
  17. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys!

18. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    :lol: Go get em Greg!!! I know some are inactive at this point but me, you, wisco and rick could possibly still put this to bed. Kristen said she was maybe getting out for a late season too. Even if we just got a few does and that was it, might be enough to win it. Whatever the outcome, its been a great year for sure

hunterman927 and Westfinger like this.
  19. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    I only have Saturday's if I get out due to work - but this Friday I am off for holiday. It's supposed to be warmer (45). I'll check cameras this week and see what the game plan is.

20. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Ou ur
    good luck Kristen!