The Orion Syndicate (#12) - 2020 & 2021 Champions

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 31, 2020.

1. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I did pull off a threesome one morning and found that it was a young man's game. :cool:
    20171124_124754.jpg

ash d, tynimiller and LittleChief like this.
  2. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Whoa! That's awesome! Congratulations to Mrs. Fletcher!!

fletch920 and tynimiller like this.
  3. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Dang Fletch! Congratulations on the triple!! It's actually hilarious that you did that after our recent exchange here on the team thread. :lol:

You're right, a triple is no joke, especially when you process your own like I do.

I'll be looking forward to updating our scorecard when you post your doe kill(s). :tu:

4. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    That was her first ever deer. She has passed bigger this year and has gotten very picky. She is spoiled to say the least. But, we have had a lot of fun together the last couple of years chasing deer and turkeys and now geese.

ash d likes this.
  5. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I wish. That was an old photo for comic relief. I was young enough to pull it off at that time. Sorry to get you so excited. Our archery season is closed until the 20th. I will promise you a doe, and give every effort into taking a buck. And, it will not have to meet my normal standards. I just want to throw some points on the board and then can trophy hunt with two more tags available.

ash d likes this.
  6. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Ah, okay. I misread your post. I misread the "one morning" and thought it said "this morning". It got me all excited, dang it.

The triple I got was in 2017 and I was all alone. I had no help dragging, gutting, loading, skinning or quartering. It was a heck of a job but I was back in a tree by 3:30 that afternoon. :lol:

JeffC, tynimiller and fletch920 like this.
  7. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still around! I need a pause button for life, too much crap going on at one time. My dad had some of his colon removed for stage 3 cancer, now he's stage 2 and going through chemo, all after having his prostate removed last year. Really crazy to see my dad like this, even though I left for the Army at 17, I've always seen as him a certain way, I don't care for this aging process.

Enough of the negative news;
    I haven't even had a chance to think about the woods, I was trying to get out this afternoon but it's not looking good. Tomorrow is my sons 6th birthday party....Sunday? I have no clue what I was supposed to be doing yet. I'd like to put 1 or 2 more in the freezer to combat the rising beef prices, not going to be picky, but preferred non-antlered deer, or that stupid looking spike I saw a few weeks ago, he did look old, might have just been the super windy day fluffing his fur.

I'm still around even if you don't hear from me, I'm hoping these last few weeks of the year slow down a little. Work is basically shutdown, so I'll have some good evening sits in the next few weeks.
    Cheers fellas, and Chief, I forgot to say, it was much more fun drinking beer watching you do all the work processing a deer. I have, however, learned that it is much easier to process when you have cold beer nearby.

8. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Steve, sorry about what's going on with your Dad. I remember when my Dad went through it. It was tough. I hope the treatments work and you have many more years with him.

As to me skinning and quartering the deer while you drank beer, it was the least I could do after I watched you and Eric tote the buck all the way out. Still, you should have seen me boning it out for you while you were gone to get ice. My boning knife was a blur. :lol:

9. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    I was planning on towing the travel trailer to Kentucky tomorrow, but as it turns out I had much more to get ready than I thought I did, so I'll be leaving out for Kentucky Sunday morning instead.

I put in a full days work getting most of it done. In addition to everything else I accomplished today I finally cleaned up three bloody arrows and put brand new Slick Tricks and Nockturnals on all six arrows in my quiver. It took me a while to get all six broad heads spinning true. I'm wondering if the impact on a couple of misses and pass throughs hitting rocky ground didn't slightly bend the inserts. In hindsight I don't know why I went to the trouble. I have a dozen brand new arrows all fletched up and ready for action in my hunting closet.

Muzzleloader season starts tomorrow in Kentucky, and I am taking mine. Of course, I still need to shoot it to make sure it's still sighted in. I'm still trying to decide if I want to bow hunt only the first few days or carry both weapons. I'm leaning towards bow only until I kill a buck or see if they're moving, but either way I go I WILL NOT let a doe walk. This is a freezer filling mission, and I'm excited about it.

Guys, I can't tell you how much I wish I could take one or two of you with me on this trip for two reasons. One, you'd get to see just how many stupid deer there are there and two, I'd have someone there who isn't colorblind. :lol:

10. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can be in northern kentuck by 7:00 sharp Sunday night. All you need to do is drop a pin lol

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

LittleChief likes this.
  11. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    I read your reply and actually considered calling my farmer friend and asking permission, but I think it would push a boundary that I shouldn't push.

They're very careful about who they let on their farmland, and that is totally understandable. Still, it would be great to share the experience with a friend.

MIHOYT89 likes this.
  12. Brett Smith

Brett Smith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Chief
    Looking at the storms that ripped through your area raises two questions:
    1. Are you & your family safe?
    2. Glad you weren’t in Kentucky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for asking Brett. All we got here was some wind. No downed trees or any damage at all.

Yes, I’m glad I wasn’t in Kentucky. Where I’m going to have the travel trailer when I get there tomorrow is only 8 miles from Mayfield, KY, and they got absolutely hammered.

The entire area has no power so I’m going to take both of my generators and see if anyone there can use one.

They are only Yamaha 2000w Inverter generators so they won’t power much, but they will keep a freezer or refrigerator running and power lamps, routers, computers and such.

14. Brett Smith

Brett Smith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    God bless you Chief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LittleChief likes this.
  15. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    I just got off the phone with a friend of my brother and myself named Todd. He is an Elder at the Church where my brother preached until he retired last year. I know those people and many of them live in Mayfield, KY.

I was sitting here earlier thinking about my upcoming week long trip with my travel trailer and suddenly I felt very selfish. I managed to get Todd's number from my brother and called him to find out if any of the Church members were displaced from their homes and needed a place to stay. I figured the local hotels would be full up so I decided that if someone needed lodging I would cancel my hunting trip and tow the travel trailer there for someone to use.

Todd said that not one member of the Church had significant damage to their homes. He said that some of them were actually right across the street from homes that were destroyed but that they were all okay. Of course, they are all without power so if the power isn't on by the time I get there tomorrow the generators will help someone.

There is also a gas shortage because of the damage and lack of power, so I'm going to go out and buy three more 5 gallon gas cans, fill those up and take those along. The generators won't help anyone if they can't get fuel.

I'll have to make sure I fill up the truck before I get there tomorrow.

cantexian, Mudlake3, JeffC and 2 others like this.
  16. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    An unsettling thought just occurred to me. Where I'll be hunting I won't be able to find ice for the coolers when I kill deer.

I can only fit two bags in the travel trailer freezer. I guess when I stop to fill up with gas I'll fill the coolers with bags of ice.

17. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It came together this morning for the cow elk. We had a good snow storm Thursday and it pushed the elk down to the lower part of the mountain. So this morning me and one of my sons went up to see if we could find us an elk. Since I never can do anything easy. We ended up halfway up the mountain before I could get a shot. I shot it at 9:30am. I called two of my other sons.( I have four sons ) and I called a couple good friends up. Anyway we got back to the truck a little after 1 o’clock. It was good times with my boys and couple good buddies.

Attached Files:

18. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just realized I posted the picture twice

19. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    That’s okay. It was worth looking at twice!

Congratulations!!!

Oldcarp likes this.
  20. Mudlake3

Mudlake3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been talking with my in laws today, they are in west TN about an hour south of Mayfield. We have a 2 day duck hunt scheduled on Reelfoot lake the last week of December, but it was right in the path of the tornado. Kinda feels selfish wondering if we are going to be able to hunt there, when they are going through all this.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

LittleChief and Oldcarp like this.