Deer Pine Help

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by TheElusiveWhiteTail, Nov 16, 2021.

1. TheElusiveWhiteTail

TheElusiveWhiteTail Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've been hunting this property off and on for about 2 years now going on my 3rd year and it has yet to produce a kill, so I thought I would reach out to the community and get some feedback. Let me start with describing the property. It's about 5 acres, has about an acre of field and the rest consist of pine trees, no hardwood, no watering source. However there's signs of deer there such as beds, dropping and putting my cam up I can see the deer move through from time to time, but of course when I catch them on cam it's at night, which keeps me going back. However it's making it very difficult to hunt, so my question to the more experienced hunter is what's the best way to hunt a Pine forest? Any tricks or suggestion you can give me. I am always up for a challenge and improving my skills but this has me stumped.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    How old is the pine stand?

3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Find different properties.

4. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    sounds like they are just passing through bud

5. TheElusiveWhiteTail

TheElusiveWhiteTail Newb

Dislikes Received:
    about 2 or 3 years

6. TheElusiveWhiteTail

TheElusiveWhiteTail Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That hard in this area, the good property the hunt clubs have and the public property well you know how that goes. Believe though I have been scouting hoping next year to have something better.

7. TheElusiveWhiteTail

TheElusiveWhiteTail Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, that's pretty much the movement I have been seeing. Been trying to catch them moving in or out but that hasn't gone too well either.

8. bowhuntersteve

bowhuntersteve Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Stand location that you can slip into disturbing as little of the property as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

9. TheElusiveWhiteTail

TheElusiveWhiteTail Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The way this area is setup there is a bout 30 yards of pine, an opening about 30 yards and then more pines, that's the thicket of pines I see them traveling on the cams. I have my stand set up at the first set of pines, on the edge of the 30yard opening. I have considered moving the tree stand into that section of pines but there really no good way to get in without disturbing them. See picture for a clearer view.
    huntarea copy.jpg

10. Jmichaelsan

Jmichaelsan Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You may have beds on that property but if there’s no food or water source close, then it sounds like they just use that section of woods as a pit stop at night to lay in for a couple hours or as cover getting from point A to point B.

Shocker99 likes this.