New Mathews?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by IAMIKE, Sep 25, 2021.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like the integrated or more integrated quiver design and sight through the riser...but again like have been said, nothing shattering. However, I don't expect anything too shocking at this point.

2. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The integrated rest for Mathews is nice, I setup all my bows and the micro adjust is nice. Out of the box I was shooting bullet holes with just two clicks. I think they preset it to 13/16 from riser and all you need to do is the nock height adjustment and your done. I am loving it !!!

Dave

3. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
  4. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    100% in fact, I just don't how much more advanced a bow can get.. It looks like a great bow like the last several Mathews have been.

5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I WOULD KILL for my Elite E32 to have the S.E.T. Technology. I don't need anything else changed, just give me an E32 2.0 if you will. Split the limbs if you want.

alenhard15 likes this.
  6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Elite's new flagship is coming out next week. They pushed it to 11/23.

When I got my V3X I knew immediately what the reaction would be online. "It's the same as last year!" Very predictable response since it's essentially the same platform.

I will tell you a couple of things:

1. I personally like a longer ATA bow, and I think a lot of other people do too. I hear a lot of calls for a 33-34" version each year when the 30-31" models are announced. So here you go. I recently got rid of my Traverse, and this is the perfect replacement for it.

2. The combo of the Bridge-Lock and the LowPro quiver is legitimately the nicest full setup bow I've ever had. It's hard to explain in words, but the bow feels much more compact and balanced not just while shooting it, but in general while handling it. I took my V3 31 with basically the same setup - HHA Tetra Tournmant sight and Tight Spot quiver w/5 arrows and held it side-by-side with my V3X with the sight mounted through the riser and the LowPro quiver, and it's a noticeable difference.

IMO every bow show should have a bow setup with a standard side-mount sight and quiver, and one with the center-mount sight and LowPro quiver. Let people hold them side by side and you'll have the "ahhh...I get it now" moment. You really can't get a good understanding of how it feels unless you hold one in your hand.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's impossible to reinvent the wheel every year. The days of massive improvements in bow technologies are over. We haven't seen anything significantly different in at least a decade now - from any bow company.

The name of today's game is to take a bow and make it incrementally better each year. Small steps rather than giant leaps. IMO, the V3X with the new system they designed is the best hunting bow I've ever owned. Does it blow the V3 or VXR out of the water? No, it doesn't. But is it still better? Yes, I believe it is.

IMO the only thing Mathews is missing is a better way to adjust the shimming of the cams without having to disassemble the entire bow. Thankfully I didn't have to mess with my tophats on this one, and it tuned perfect right out of the box.

alenhard15, Suncrest08 and Vabowman like this.
  7. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    The LowPro quiver set up caught my eye immediately and loved it - and that wasn't even in person. I have no doubt in person it really would SHINE!

8. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As for the quiver, easy on/off?
    How many here hunt with the quiver on? (Treestand)

9. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I do not

10. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Very easy on/off - it's a simple lever on the bottom bracket. Open it up, slide the quiver off. It's a touch on the loud side when you close it, but I can live with that.

I've always hunted with my quiver off. With this new bow, I've been leaving it on the majority of the time.

11. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I never take mine off - up a tree or while practicing.

12. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It also looks like the V3X has been set up so that a cord can be purchased (would be easy to make too) so that it can be broke down easily for string/cable replacement. I'm assuming it'd be very similar to how an old T-stringer worked? But instead of going into the fork of the limbs it must attach to a knob since the cord has loops on the end of it?
    Very convenient to be able to break down a bow without a press.

13. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like the imporvements and would have liked it even more if it would have had a lower MSRP then the year before. After all, it is the same bow with a few tweaks. Giving the customer a little more at a lower price point goes a long ways. I do agree, we are well past the point of earth shattering changes from year to year. No reason to buy a new bow every year, every other year or even every few years unless you just like to have a new bow. Lowering the MSRP would help intise more people to buy a new bow that would normally not buy one. Finding a happy median between profit and volume often equates to a better profit margin.

14. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    One of the bigger gripes Ive read about the v3, is the weight being on the heavy side. I actually like the heaviness in the bow because it makes it feel solid with less vibration. I tend to think this is why the v3 is so quiet. I assume this is the same with the X version. Not sure how you could get a quieter bow.

15. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks.

16. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I liked it. I liked the new color. Placed an order for the 29"

Vabowman likes this.
  17. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shot the V3X 29 and 33 this morning. I gota say its a pretty sweet bow. I favored the 29 at my draw length for a hunting only setup. If I was going to shoot 3D I would probably look at the 33 again. I will say the location of the new 2 piece quiver on the 33 looked like an after thought to me. The one piece is perfect on the 29. I think the V3X only makes sense if you are going to use a Mathews rest and bow quiver. Overwise go with the V3 if you can find one cheaper and have no interest in the new Mathews accerories. I am going to wait a little longer until I can shoot the new Elite before I make a final decision. For what ever reason there was a mix up and the dealer did not get the new Elite like they were suppose too at the time of launch. :(

Shocker99 likes this.