Team 4 - Bows4Hire

Discussion in '2021 Deer Contest' started by Westfinger, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be headed to Iowa next year for late Muzzloader, well hopefully I have 4 points so I should draw. Any tips or anything you could offer me for advise? Did you hunt public or private?

Shocker99 likes this.
  2. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Who else on your team killed a buck?

3. hunterman927

hunterman927 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just Ben and Rick is all that I’m aware of! Rick still needs to update his score in the scorecard and Ben needs to address his stuff.

Shocker99 likes this.
  4. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I thought, 2 bucks have been killed.

5. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    At this point - it's all fun and games. Some of the other teams got multiple monsters! Maybe late season will bring luck to us!

6. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It aint over till this fat guy in camo sings a sad song! Haha. I actually always have alot of luck late season. If we put some does on the card :busted: and get a couple more nice bucks we could be contenders. Ricks was a brute i think he said 170 ish but just not official yet. Bens was nice too.

7. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    I met a couple guys who hunt same public land i do. Great guys. We got talking and started really connecting some dots with deer and places we hunted. I told them about the big 8 i was after and found dead and they knew exactly the deer. They had been after him too. They sent me these pics. 4308A2FE-C25D-4CB6-9A2B-7037D597F07A.jpeg 86853DD8-3A90-441A-A2B8-D565C3884ED7.jpeg 5A2DAF91-1886-45A7-8877-80C1232D326C.jpeg so that debunks my theory of him being shot late season last year. He mustve died of EHD after this pic in august or an early season bowhunter got him but he sure was picked clean by the time i found him!

8. hunterman927

hunterman927 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    “It aint over till this fat guy in camo sings a sad song!” Don’t call me out like that :lol::lol:

Westfinger and Shocker99 like this.
  9. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    Wow that's giant 8 pointer! I also agree this contest is far from over. I know I'm not willing to throw in the towel at all. I'm still getting good bucks on camera and hoping one of these evening is my evening. 00000251.JPG

10. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Heck yea! Thats a good buck. They dont have to be booners to win either. One year awhile back the winning team had a bunch of 120-130” bucks and a ton of does. Adds up quick.

Westfinger likes this.
  11. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Y'all, sorry, I didn't mean we were out of contentions, I just meant that it's all fun and games and hopefully late season brings us luck.

My season ends Friday. Everything is closed down for a week, then rifle opens up. Archery isn't back in until December 27. At that point I'm out as we are usually freezing cold and buried in snow and I can't pull my bow back. At times, I will take a cross-gun (sorry, I hate them) - in the extreme cold...but usually I tag out in rifle season.

12. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Its all good! Its just fun to try to psych everyone up. Unfortunately i just got some bad news. My FIL just suffered multiple seizures. My wife is at hospital now. I am loaded up and planned on bowhunting in the morning then head down to family farm for firearms season. I may not get to leave the house. Definitely not leaving to bowhunt in morning. My season could be up in the air. But thats life. There are more important things than hunting. Good luck anyone getting out tomorrow. Ill be at home with kids till stuff comes to light

Blarney22 and hunterman927 like this.
  13. vanfossen

vanfossen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What state

Mathews HTR, Sword 5 pin, Truball release, Goldtip XT hunter 300, QAD 125 gr Swept, QAD rest

14. Shocker99

Dislikes Received:
    Illinois

15. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys - I should have my rack back from the taxi in the next few days and should be able to get an official measurement then. He is right around 170” plus or minus an inch but I’ll update the score card shortly.

16. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear that Brandon, I hope he is okay. There are so many different things a seizure could mean. Hopefully they weren't severe.

Shocker99 likes this.
  17. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The teams in rough shape. I hope everything is all right with your FIL Brandon. Greg I hope your back feels better soon.

I’ve been getter after it when I can. I had a good encounter with a buck last night and just needed a couple more steps. I went out this morning and froze hope to be out after work. I have a few other things I would like to be doing so if I get a chance at a marginal buck I’m going to let the air out of him.

4 points is plenty from what I hear. Two has been enough for firearm season. I hunted with an outfitter. For me that made the most sense. I don’t have the time or need to do a public show up and take your chances hunt especially when it takes so much time to get drawn.
    I would hunt with the outfitter I used again in a second and I plan on putting in for some firearm points in IA myself and I rarely gun hunt and haven’t shot a deer with a gun in well over ten years. It’s just that good there.
    Good luck everyone, we’re still going to win this thing.

18. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Dislikes Received:
    I respect your point of view, but I'll be hunting on public or permission land in Iowa. It's just who I am right now. I can see in the future using outfitter or something but not now. Thanks for you advice.

19. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For sure, it’s a lot of fun and very rewarding to go the public/permission routine. I have done a bunch of this in the past especially for waterfowl. I’m also super comfortable going with an outfitter. I still have a great time and usually learn a few
    things.

Wisconsin Buckwatch likes this.
  20. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received: