Team 13 - Remember the 13

Discussion in '2021 Deer Contest' started by tca126, Aug 30, 2021.

1. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Here is my number 2 20211021_204956.jpg

Here is my number 1 20211017_144649.jpg

TheHardWoods913 likes this.
  2. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    @tc racing sorry to hear that bro! Hopefully you get him on cam soon and still kicking or better yet can put your eyes on him on the hoof! Some nice bucks you have there though, hope you can catch up with one cause they're studs!

tc racing likes this.
  3. Hall77

Hall77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully I can do some hunting this weekend. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. tca126

tca126 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Passed on a couple smaller legal bucks, but surprisingly haven’t had any opportunities at a mature doe yet. On vacation all next week and will be out every day. Good luck to all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tc racing and TheHardWoods913 like this.
  5. Zblevins

Zblevins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Finally got my replacement limbs for my crossbow. Centerpoint customer service was great about it, easiest warranty issue I've ever been through and just in time for my 2nd vacation! Went out this morning and dropped a doe to start filling the freezer. I'm off the next couple weeks so hopefully I can get my buck down and on the scorecard as well! Just glad to be back in action at this point. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tc racing, TheHardWoods913 and Hall77 like this.
  6. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations on the doe, but your scorecard entry only has one pic with you, the deer and the bow. I need you to add a second pic with all of those before I can add it to your team total.

7. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    This season just went to hell! my wife has covid so I've been dragging the kids to the blind. this will be a miracle if something works out.

8. Zblevins

Zblevins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bad news guys I screwed up. Only took one picture of my doe. Knew I was forgetting something.
    Good news is on Wednesday evening I went and sat in a stand I'd been saving for an evening hunt. After pulling an all day sit Monday and all but 2 hours Tuesday afternoon and not seeing a single deer I was not feeling great about my chances. Sat down around 2, saw about 20 different grey squirrels in the span of an hour, played on my phone for a bit...around quarter till 4 I knew there was only a couple hours to go for the day and still hadn't seen a single deer. Not even a flash moving through the timber. A little after 4 I said what the hell, pulled out my grunt tube and gave a few fairly loud buck grunts. I hear some leaves crashing behind me and look over to my right expecting more greys when a doe pops out. 10 yards directly to my right. I pull my range finder out of my pocket as she takes a few more steps and at this point she's directly below me. I wrap all my stands in camp burlap to reduce visibility and she's right under me so close I can't even see her. I hear some more crashing and look back over to my right and in walks in an 8pt doing his best creepy stalker strut. I wait till he looks away and get a range on him, wait till he looks away and drop my range finder and turn to shoot, he looks down and I let him have it. 30 yards later and a lot of blood lighter he crashed down for the last time. I'm boiling his skull today then I'll get him measured up tomorrow but the good news is I took plenty of pics! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tc racing, TheHardWoods913 and JeffC like this.
  9. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats @Zblevins, way to get it done!

@tc racing sorry to hear that man, hope she has a speedy recovery!

10. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty uneventful past couple weeks for me, unfortunately. Have seen a lot of rut activity recently, but all young/smaller bucks...nothing worth bending the string on. This past weekend was a bust for me as I didn't get to hunt at all, had a wedding to attend one day and a birthday the next. Next weekend is out opening split of duck season, so I will see how that goes and hope to get out o some evening sits after getting after them ducks/geese in the morning. Hope everyone is well and good luck the rest of the season!

11. bloodrunner13

bloodrunner13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for being MIA alot, went to Ohio for my rutcation and ended up getting one on public land there. Not an Ohio Giant but was a grind and happy to get it done. Ill score it this week and get is posted on the scored thread.

Attached Files:

• 111.JPG
      111.JPG
      File size:
      4.5 MB
      Views:
    • 222.JPG
      222.JPG
      File size:
      6.8 MB
      Views:
    • 333.jpg
      333.jpg
      File size:
      844.3 KB
      Views:
    • 444.JPG
      444.JPG
      File size:
      7.2 MB
      Views:
    • 555.JPG
      555.JPG
      File size:
      5.3 MB
      Views:
    Lady Forge and TheHardWoods913 like this.
  12. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    been a pretty dismal season thus far. my wife has recovered from covid just in time for our season to end. I still have our rifle season and late season to bow hunt. I'll try and pull off a miracle.

13. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry team I've been MIA, been having some extremely serious family issues. Got this one yesterday on public hunting land at 1230pm. It was 15mph winds. I spotted him and with the wind from him blowing to me I stalked him ,he bedded and then when he laid his head down and fell asleep, I stalked up to 20 yards and shot him while he was asleep. He is my 1st spot n stalk buck. He was absolutely skin & bones. I'll get the score posted later.

14. Lady Forge

Dislikes Received:
    My buck scored 125 7/8

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    tc racing and TheHardWoods913 like this.
  15. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations guys, @bloodrunner13 @Lady Forge! Way to grind and get it done, even through tough times! A little positivity like this goes a long ways, hopping things turn around for you, @Lady Forge!

I haven't gotten out much in the last couple of weeks with work being crazy, family stuff, and out first split of duck season open. We close for two weeks before starting back up, so hopping to get back out in the deer woods then.

16. Lady Forge

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you ! I am gonna try and fill my second buck tag but gonna maybe save it for a bigger one. I have a doe tag as well I am hoping to fill for a family that really needs the meat. Be safe & have fun out there!

17. Lady Forge

Dislikes Received:
    Well had the big one come in, I was roughly 25ft up the tree and he was 5 yards at the farthest, problem was he walked in facing straight at me so I had no shot, then I tried to shoot him at 5 yards cause I was afraid he was gonna get my scent and I missed ... I shot over his back, good thing is he didn't spook bad just trotted off 15 yds , looked around and then just walked off. I stayed in the tree till after dark to make sure he was gone from the area and not spook him climbing down and walking out. I probably could have waited till he had gone maybe 5 more yards, so I did rush the shot some, oh well hope he makes it thru the next 4 days of gun season.

18. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    sorry I haven't been on in a while. been a pretty crappy year for me. things are starting to get back to normal. i discovered an unhunted spot right under everyones noses with giant rubs everywhere. i put some cams in and will get back to check them as soon as our rifle season ends on Saturday.

19. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Same here, sorry I’ve been out of touch as well! Work has been crazy and I was redoing a new duck boat in my spare time and chasing ducks whenever the free time allowed!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeffC likes this.
  20. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]