Team 2 - Two Tines Better

Discussion in '2021 Deer Contest' started by Siman/OH, Aug 29, 2021.

1. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Made it to the woods yesterday morning. Saw a few does and my buddy saw a small 2 1/2 y/o. Cleaned up a couple stands and put up a new one in an area that seems to be a hot zone after flooding a couple years ago changed a few things.

Hearing that farmers are finding bucks dead while harvesting. It appears that EHD must have hit again this summer. Nothing like it did 10 years ago but makes some sense as to why we aren’t seeing what we expected for numbers. That said we are seeing scrapes and rubs around the farms so there are still bucks in the area. Moved a camera to a scrape, should have a better idea what we have soon.

Thunderstorms moving through so no hunting today but will get out a couple times this week. We’ll start getting serious about it next week. Good luck out there guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

jackflap, HuntinKB51 and trial153 like this.
  2. Lovehunt11

Lovehunt11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had first hunt yesterday morning, I saw 2 does, 2 small buck and I was able arrow a running coyote through timber.
    Afternoon I got to tree stand late 5:16 pm .
    I saw 8 does, 2 bucks and my biggest target buck show up at 70 yards roadside. Next to tree stand I setup last week but not finish , I plan to hunt that tree stand but too late to setup then I hunted other tree stand 60 yards away . I will off Wednesday, Thursday coming week to hunt. I hope I can arrow him. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmen, jackflap, drenman and 3 others like this.
  3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    great work!!!

Lovehunt11 likes this.
  4. P&YChaser

P&YChaser Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve been “hunting” through you guys a lot this season as I’ve been busy with my boys football season…that just wrapped up and I’m going to be heading up late Wednesday through the weekend! Can’t wait to get out there, this should be a great weekend too. We’ve just had some big 3 1/2+ year old buck starting to show up, now I just need one to walk out by me!

HuntinKB51 and trial153 like this.
  5. WISCONSINBUCKHUNTER

WISCONSINBUCKHUNTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hope I can post harvest pictures tomorrow! Finally caught up with one of the two target bucks I was after. I didn’t get as much penetration as I would of hoped but hoping it just hit opposite shoulder. He took off like a mad man and my arrow stayed in him as long as I could see the lighted knock. My brother and I are going in the morning after him and have a tracker with a hound lined up if it comes to that! Crossing my fingers.

HuntinKB51, P&YChaser and trial153 like this.
  6. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck !! Sounds promising!!

7. HuntinKB51

HuntinKB51 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome! Good luck on recovery! Anxiously waiting!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

8. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

I’m going to make a move on this guy tonight. He’s been in my foodplot at 6:58am the last two mornings so I know he’s bedding close.

Last hour of light he’s getting the rattling antlers, try and coax him in. If he wants to get downwind of me tonight he’ll have to cross a big open field.

jackflap, trial153 and HuntinKB51 like this.
  9. WISCONSINBUCKHUNTER

WISCONSINBUCKHUNTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well not the end result I was hoping for. Tracked the buck for a hundred yards or so and then lost blood and then we grid searched with no luck. I happed to have a camera down in that area that he had been regular on the last week and half and sure enough he was on there this morning heading up to where I had shot him the night prior. I will post the trail camera picture but you can see plain as day that I had hit him high and in the shoulder. Hopefully I will be able to close on this guy again soon. UNI HIT PICTURE.jpg Good learning experience!!

Lovehunt11 likes this.
  10. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    That stinks, hopefully you get another crack at him

Lovehunt11 likes this.
  11. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Damn man, that’s rough.

12. HuntinKB51

HuntinKB51 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear, that's tough to take! At least it looks like he'll be okay and you'll be able to get another crack at him! Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

13. P&YChaser

Dislikes Received:
    As others have said, that sucks for sure. Glad that you got a pic of him up and walking around still, hopefully you can get another shot at him this year!

14. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    From a guy whose son is grown, glad to hear your son’s activities is your priority. Enjoy it because it is over quickly. I once left an elk hunt in the coveted 16E New Mexico unit 3 days early to go back to my son’s football game. Didn’t regret it then and certainly don’t now.
    Good luck with your times in the woods.

P&YChaser likes this.
  15. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don’t know. I’ve never been up there. My hunting partner is the knowledgeable one of the bunch and I just riding his coattails,lol

We will be based out of Meeteeste, unit 64

Took us 13 preference points to draw. Put in last two years with 11 and 12 and no draw.

16. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    64 if one of the top handful of units in WY, you had to draw with almost max points! Should be a great hunt, hold out for a good one

17. P&YChaser

Dislikes Received:
    Made it out this morning and man did it feel good to be back out there! Saw a small 2.5 year old buck cruising shortly after daybreak and didn’t see anything else the rest of the morning. I’ll be heading back out this afternoon, hoping to catch a big one searching for a doe!

HuntinKB51 and trial153 like this.
  18. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Took the ride to my neighboring state. I used to hunt here more then in NY. Then things happen, my friend sold her property( 540 acres) after her divorce and I was down to only a hand full of smaller spots.
    I still have one really good small spot left. I went in for an afternoon hunt hoping to see a doe early and I don’t see anything. On the way driving out at 630 a pretty nice buck crossed the driveway walking towards where I was just sitting for last two hours, not 100 yards away. I had seen bucks come out of the swamp where they bed before so I was on the look out. If he got up 30 minutes sooner i might have seen him from the stand.

I am not sure where I am hunting tomorrow morning but I am hunting someplace

HuntinKB51 likes this.
  19. P&YChaser

Dislikes Received:
    Had an exciting night and had a nice buck at 15 yards with my boys in the blind with me, just not quite the one I’m looking for. F18544E9-81F4-4BA5-8753-96379F3AE23F.jpeg

HuntinKB51, trial153 and Lovehunt11 like this.
  20. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    I had a great hunt last night and saw a lot of deer out in my food plot, no shooters though.

I did put together an update on my families season so far through. This puts it all in perspective:

trial153 likes this.