The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's a problem! You need to address that- Sounds like it is a common problem at your business!

It's never been a problem for me. I'm 15-30 minutes early everyday and never leave if there is a fire to put out .. NOMATTER who started it..

Hard to find people who take pride in their work and have a passion for being damn good at it like I am!

ash d and Sota like this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is a common problem with a few individuals. I just love that stupid look on their face when I call them on it. There is no shame for the entitled.

Bone Head Hunter likes this.
  3. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got a idea for you... Next time you catch one of the habitual's late tell them that their hours just changed.

Their new hours will start an hour earlier than normal for the next month. If they are not late for 30 work days they can go back to their normal hours!

You will only have to do this once with one employee.. Don't ask me how I know it works! :evilgrin:

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Problem is with 2 individuals. One is the owners son in law, the other is the owners nephew. I love it when they whine to the big guy, I hear that I am too forward and direct, I tell the big guy you tolerate bullshit, that is what you get is bullshit. 4 years 3 months nothing will prevent me from firing them.

Bone Head Hunter likes this.
  5. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nepotism sucks in the world of family owned business's!

Coasters never change.. Just along for the gravy train ride!

You might remind them of that! LMAO J/K .. Bide your time and keep your edge sharp!

6. beavertronic

beavertronic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As the “nerd head” that would get called…you are not wrong. And Sota, I am at work before anyone else logs in and am online until everyone logs out. Must just be your IT guy.

7. Birdswacker

Birdswacker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Ah yes the family umbrella! Spoiled little bastards!!!

make sure you’ve got a replacement before you kick them out the door?

8. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Dont let them live rent free in your head in the meantime.

That's a long time for a nerdowell not to fawk up royal. The situation may well self correct. At least you can hope.

Or play the lotto and win some fawk you money and just leave or become a bigger pain in the arse than they are until you are invited to leave...

Sota likes this.
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No I can't made a promise to keep the business, although I have my days. I will never get asked to leave but thing is I wake up every morning and work like if I fail I will lose everything, a sense of urgency is a good thing. I can not wait to do an all company meeting next monday after service school week, probably the most important week for the company. Next year there are zero excuses for not being at work on time I do not give a **** what your last name is or if you are married to the bosses daughter. Frustrating thing is I want to instill excellence, working with a sense of urgency, team work and pride. It is like my youth football days, I am coaching viking fans. Not directed to Jake and Travis, Hotrod or any viking fans here.

10. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The hits keep coming: on Friday it will be three weeks to the day since putting down the family dog, two weeks to the day since my FIL passed and last night, got the call that my grandma who has been in a nursing home with Alzheimers' the last two years, probably won't make it to the weekend.

On top of all that, the family got over COVID last month, we are all fine now. There is a leak in the roof that the insurance adjuster and roofer are looking at this morning to make sure we can get our roof replaced for the cost of the deductible.

My life is sounding like a country music song and I do not like country music. :rant:

virginiashadow and Sota like this.
  11. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about the rough last month (or two).

cantexian likes this.
  12. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Man, you deserve a break...

cantexian likes this.
  13. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Headed to Florida for a week after work on Friday. As it so happens, this is a family reunion with my side of the family. We may end up doing a family memorial service while we are together since most of us will be there. The trip was supposed to happen last October. COVID bumped it to this year.

JeffC likes this.
  14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear... And hope things quickly turn from trials

cantexian likes this.
  15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So during our service school we take everyone out for drinks and dinner. Last night we were in an upscale craft beer restaurant. We are in a private room just off the dining room. About half the people are there and the waitress that is handling our room comes in to take drink orders. One squirrely clown decides to question the server and her ability to serve our group, she was a pro and brushed him off and moved on. The guy was now on my radar, you do not treat waitstaff poorly. Then they are setting up the buffett, and squirrel clown is up at the buffett table trying to move things and talking again to waitstaff. I went over to him and suggest he sit down so the staff can get it ready, then he yells food is ready. I kept an eye on him and was relieved when he left right after eating.

This morning class starts at 8, I do a head count and we are short one. Waited 20 minutes to start I was pissed. Guess who showed up a half hour late? Squirrel Clown, I thought about taking him aside and explaining travel for business is not a wild party, you don't get drunk and rowdy above all it is simply unacceptable and unprofessional to show up late and hung over. Nah probably not worth my energy I will be done with his dumbass tomorrow at noon.

Mod-it and Nick Lewandowski like this.
  16. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    14 days for an EXPEDITED package from Regina SK to Grand Rapids MI?!?!? What the actual %$#& ?

cantexian likes this.
  17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Snowing this morning at home, wife is not happy.

18. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Hold ups at the border. My parents live in Alberta, so I have dealt with this. Anything larger than a normal envelope goes into a 10 day quarantine at the border right now. Stupid, I know.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    Sota likes this.
  19. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We ship to Canada on a regular basis different game if you ship thru a broker vs domestic freight or packages. Thing that sucks it is just an excuse to take 10 days.

cantexian likes this.
  20. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Seriously?! Envelopes are safe but packages must be quarantined huh? Wow... just wow
    So that is the delay due to "safety" mentioned on the Canada post site I assume. They certainly do not spell that out.

Been waiting for months for this quiver to be made, was all excited it was getting shipped only to learn I get to wait 2 more weeks. Son of a...

cantexian likes this.