Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Doesn't every 84 year old man have prostrate cancer?

2. fowcbler

fowcbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I held on to that cough for about week or 2 after. My wife got over the cough pretty quick, but she went to Dr. for some treament meds(steroids, cough medicine, Hydroxychl., antibiotic) and if you can find a Dr. willing to do the same for your wife, I would highly recommend it. She definitely recovered quicker than I did, even though she experienced heavier symptoms. As far as our 3 kids...the most they seemed to experience was drainage, sniffles and 1 of the 3 had mild fever 1 night. They loved the quarantining LOL...

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm scheduled for a full physical with blood work-up in just over a month. Although I don't have anything to compare it to, FWIW. Looking forward to the ol' prostate check and apparently the announcement that I now have AIDS. It's been a long time coming.

The jury is still out on this and what the official policy will be on boosters. Who will need them, how often, etc. I don't think there's any doubt we're seeing waning efficacy of vaccines with the passage of time. But let's keep in mind, plenty of vaccines have boosters. It's not like this is the only situation where they've ever been needed.

MGH_PA and dnoodles like this.
  4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm on my last day of Prednisone and a Z-pack and still hacking up some yummy yellow phlegm on a regular basis. Having asthma certainly hasn't helped me, but I've had bronchitis much worse than this before. I'll get through it.

My wife was tired/achy yesterday, but she feels fine today. The oldest boy has a fever and a headache and is currently watching YouTube videos on his iPad. The other two are fine so far.

The way I see it, let it burn through the house, let us all get our natural immunity, and let's move on with life.

5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's awful..believe he had cancer as well.

6. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    pretty much.
    We are only supposed to live so long before we become a drag on the herd.
    I wish there were more lions.

Sota likes this.
  7. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    It's moving to all boosters, all the time, for everyone. See Israel and some EU countries. It starts with the old people, then 'normal' adults to protect the old people, then kids because you see what little germ factories they are and you have to protect their grandmas and the teachers union.

Fauxi was on TV yesterday (shocker!) saying that J&J should have always been a 2 stage shot, this is a week after the G decided that you have to have a J&J booster w/in 6 months to be considered 'fully vaxxed' under the EO for government employees.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Whoa wait Tony changed his story?

9. fowcbler

fowcbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is exactly how we rolled it. I still think I am recovering from "long term" effects of it...but we have all most definitely moved on from it.
    Now just becomes part of normal life like the Flu. Expect to get it probably once a year.

10. Humpythahunter

Humpythahunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had long term effects myself for about 6 months, I’ve heard a lot of people say that. I finally feel completely normal again and enjoying my life again.

I hope the long term effects go away soon for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

11. Humpythahunter

Dislikes Received:

12. Humpythahunter

Dislikes Received:
    https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...uman-immunity-to-covid-19-in-some-individuals

Hybrid Super Immunity for the win, people who have had Covid and been vaccinated. My doctor told me to move on and quit worrying about it after having it and getting the vaccine.

I also had blood work done and everything was completely in the normal range and healthy.

I’m 26 and have no underlying conditions other than being slightly overweight.

dnoodles and Justin like this.
  13. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    thanks for sharing that.

14. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    our lawsuit against the mandate was filed today in Federal court.

[​IMG]

15. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Update to my Long Covid fun. I went through a couple rounds of steroids that seemed to help only while I was on them. I have been having a hard time with vision lately and finally got to where I could not even see well enough with my right eye to shoot my bow. The other evening I had to walk with bow drawn all the way to the target to release it. I went to the Optometrist on Monday and discovered that the steroids caused cataracts. I now have to have surgery on both eyes to remove the cataracts. The bright side of it all is that I may be a candidate for lense replacement in my eyes and not have to wear glasses. Anyone have any experience with that? I have worn glasses since 3rd grade. Next week will be one year since I had Covid. I will "celebrate" the event while fishing in Ontario. So all things considered, I am still a pretty lucky guy.

16. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My Great Grandma had the lense replacement (15 yearsish-ago?) - she had success and never needed glasses again. She was almost blind, literally, from her cataracts.

How long were you on steroids? They do a lot of harm if on them long term. Heck, doctors told us, when my Mom was on hospice (unrelated to covid and she actually recovered and is doing good) - that the steroids would walk her to her grave.

fletch920 likes this.
  17. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Quite a few friends and colleagues are out from work with COVID (double vaccinated). Two went to the hospital, and one was there for over a week (all 40 and under and in good health).

dnoodles likes this.
  18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well crap I have a situation and not sure what my obligations are. I have a coworker that did not come to work Tuesday because he had a fever. I appreciated the consideration being that we have guests in this week. My question my coworker is a very private person and liberal sensitive, am I obligated to inform employees because of possible exposure? I mean they are either going to get it or not, knowing a coworker has it will not change the situation. It is also very concerning, the guy is vaccinated, he is mindful and takes precautions to not get exposed, yet he still got. If he can get it I use the same approach as him so I can easily get covid too. I made it this long I am going to get pissed if I get covid.

19. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    If this person wasn't around others while symptomatic, which it doesn't sound like they were, I wouldn't feel obligated to tell everyone. As you said, if they are going to get it, they are going to get it. The best thing to do is simply to not come into contact with others if you're feeling ill. Pretty simple concept that we've all been aware of since, well, forever.

Update on my household - I'm feeling pretty good and just have a minor nagging cough and a little congestion when I wake up. Yesterday was my last day of Prednisone. At this point, I'd say I'm past it. My at-home antigen tests are showing negative again.

My older son is on Day 3 now. He ran a 101-102 degree fever Monday and Tuesday but woke up today feeling much better. No fever, but he's got the same cough I have.

My daughter woke up with a 102-degree fever this morning and tested positive on the at-home test. So she's currently relaxing on the couch, watching some kids show on Netflix, hopped up on Advil.

My wife started getting congested pretty bad last night and woke up this morning feeling like her head was going to explode. She hasn't taken a test yet, but pretty safe to say she's positive as well.

That leaves my youngest as the last person standing with no symptoms.

Covid House 2021 over here. :lol:

20. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    From everything I'm seeing it looks like vaccine efficacy is really starting to drop off around 6 months, which is right where we're all at if you got it in the Spring. I know a bunch of vaccinated folks who have gotten it now. Fortunately, none of them have been very serious. Most seem about the same as me - head cold and a cough for 5-7 days.