Team 13 - Remember the 13

Discussion in '2021 Deer Contest' started by tca126, Aug 30, 2021.

1. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No I could not get access. Found blood all the way to the end of the property line. Some bubbles in it. I think I got back of lung and liver. Man it SUCKS!!

2. Zblevins

Zblevins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I got some bad news this morning. Went out and was sittin in the blind only to look down once the sun came up to see the limbs of my crossbow splintered. Top on one side and bottom on the other right where the limb dampeners sit. Looks like I'm toast unless I can find a spare to use for the rest of this season. They definitely weren't like this last weekend and it was just hanging on a hook uncocked until today so not sure what happened but definitely the absolute worst timing.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    @SharpEyeSam I'm sorry to hear that bro, I have been there on a bear years back. No matter how I tried to reason with the neighboring land owner, he just wouldn't grant me access to track. Very unfortunate, keep at it bro!

@Zblevins man that is a total bummer! I hope you can find a replacement and get back at it!

4. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    I have had pretty uneventful sits in the last week, until yesterday. Finally a good day, but unfortunately it never came together. It was raining yesterday with high winds, I kept checking the forecast to see if it would let up and it was suppose to around 4:00 yesterday. So I got in around 2:00 and figured I'd tough out the rain until it stopped, hopping for some good movement. At about 3:00 I turned around behind me and happened to see a decent buck feeding on acorns. He was heading straight toward me but slowly. I watched him for about 20 mins until he started to head the opposite way and away form me. Was a good shooter buck for public land and one I don't have any history with. I am guessing him at around 120" ish, def a shooter for public land near me.

With the high winds in my favor and the rain, I thought to myself, get aggressive. I lowered my bow down and climbed down and started to stalk him in efforts of cutting him off. I got to within 12 feet of him but had no shot cause I was behind a big blow down, so I tried to crawl slowly to the right of it to get ready for a shot. Well, that didn't go well and he busted me and bound off. Probably shouldn't have done this, but figured I'd give it a go, would have been pretty cool if I was able to pull it off. Don't think he knew what I was or was too spooked, but we'll see if I cross paths with him again. This is an area I hunt that holds tons of does, never see any decent bucks in there but lots of young bucks.

The remainder of the sit I told myself the first slick head that comes in and gives me a shot I am taking it. Well that just wasn't the case. At one point I had 4 young bucks around me chasing two fawns, seems a little early for chasing but I saw what I saw! A few does later on at last light all heading right towards be, but zigged right when should have zigged left. Saw a total of about 12 deer yesterday, hopping it can all come together for me soon! My buddy calls me last night and I told him that area was heating up now so he sat there this morning and tagged a nice nanny doe at first light, the story of my life! LOL Keeping at it, good luck guys!

5. tca126

tca126 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It’s been dead in my area. Had a good opening day with seeing a bunch of deer and a good buck, but no shot opportunities. Since then, I haven’t seen a deer. Temps have been in the upper 70’s to low 80’s. Cold front coming through Saturday so hopefully that fires them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheHardWoods913 likes this.
  6. Gabriel Denzine

Gabriel Denzine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear that man, it happens to the best of us.

Seasons been slow here in Missouri, this is basically all I've been seeing. A mix of 2-3 year olds but haven't got a shot. I was trying to hold for something bigger this season, but honestly, I'd be genuinely happy with another 130's class deer.

7. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's been too hot here so I'm getting stuff done at work to clear the way for next week.

I tried the phantom saddle and it squeezed my hips too much for my liking. I then tried the Cruzer and it was much better. so as of now I will probably go with the cruzer. I also am starting to test the waters of saddle hunting. nice to have friends to try a bunch out before i buy.

TheHardWoods913 and MUDSHARK like this.
  8. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Yea, that's a huge plus for sure! Wish I could try one first, but my buddy in Wisconsin swears by the Phantom and that's what I've been leaning towards. I like how I can build my whole kit from them and it all seems like great quality with some pretty good reviews. I am a small frame dude so maybe it won't pinch my hips so much, or maybe that would make it worse...idk.

tc racing likes this.
  9. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Think I am going to try to push it a little and get closer to the bedding area in one of my spots after my morning sit tomorrow and hang a stand. Big rub line and tons of scrape activity lately back there, my goal is to maybe cut them off a little closer to bedding on their way to my other stand. I have been seeing them come from that way and heading towards me before veering away towards another direction. Took a quick walk back that way last sit to check it out and think I found a good tree right off the rub line I found. I think it is worth a shot.

tc racing likes this.
  10. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I have been kinda MIA but my family is going thru some crisis and it occupies at lot of my time and attention. I have made it out hunting a few times but I've been passing on a bunch of young bucks holding out for a good one on public land.

11. Gabriel Denzine

Dislikes Received:
    Ranbo, tc racing and TheHardWoods913 like this.
  12. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Family first...always!!! I hope everything is ok! Best of luck!

13. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    Right on, congrats Gabe!!!! We are officially on the board!!! Don't forget to post two pics with bow and the scoring breakdown in the scorecard thread whenever you get the chance. Nice work!

Gabriel Denzine likes this.
  14. Gabriel Denzine

Dislikes Received:
    Getting that done currently. Here’s the finished product.
    IMG_1280.JPG IMG_1282.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

15. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  16. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    @Gabriel Denzine you also need to include the date and time of the kill bud!

17. Gabriel Denzine

Dislikes Received:
    Should be fixed! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

18. TheHardWoods913

Dislikes Received:
    No prob! Now go roll a doe and add another 50 for us!

19. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Gabriel!!! way to go!!

I shot a mega giant 8pt two nights ago only to have it jump into a big river and swim across to posted property. I think it was just a flesh wound. he probably scored 140" as an 8pt.

20. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    image000000.jpg

He is a 4 yrd old. This is not my number one but my number3. I just loved his brows.