TenPoint Vapor RS470 Xero combo

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by bhod87, Sep 29, 2021.

1. bhod87

bhod87 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    A family member got one of these and holy smokes has it been a disappointment relative to the cost.
    It came with six plain bolts and he purchased six of the lighted nock ones as well. All TenPoint branded.

1. We've had three of the nocks (one regular, two lighted) basically explode when firing. My best guess is the plastic can't take the pressures of this thing. This sends the bolts who knows where... but definitely not on target. It's basically a danger for anything beyond the end of the rail.
    2. The Garmin auto-calculated aiming points, or shot arc, was not even close. We zeroed at 20 and put in the actual chrono FPS. Every point had to be manually adjusted, sometimes as much as 3".
    3. The Garmin battery life is really awful. We're putting in Energizer Lithiums and have gone through 3 pairs in two weeks of target shooting. It will show full, you'll shoot a few times, it will time out as designed, and you'll wake it up to show it dropped all the way down to 1/3 battery.
    I'm glad it wasn't my checking account... :confused:

Fix likes this.
  2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not in the market for one but not the direction I would go after that review
    In Venatione Veritas

3. joejoe

joejoe Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You didn't mention were purchased, big box store or archery shop. A shop, the owner should be standing behind what he sells and be on the phone with Ten Point and Garmin. Big box, they should also stand behind what they sell but they only help just so much, at least that is what I experienced with high ticket items. Good luck.