Do you blame Biden?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Vabowman, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Wedes

Wedes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Are you asking on a forum that has predominantly Democrat voters as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yahoo answers?
    In Venatione Veritas

3. Wedes

Wedes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My point is this is confirmation bias. If you ask a bunch of conservatives how they feel about Biden, you know what they are gonna say on all these issues. Additionally, if it’s being used presented to kids in 8th grade then if I was a parent of a kid in that class I would have a problem with that. Now if you go to like a Sierra club forum or whatever liberal/left leaning forum and asked the same question and then presented that as this is what both sides feel, then I can get behind that. Neither side should be influencing children’s opinions at school.

Swamp Stalker, oldnotdead and Fix like this.
  4. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well I am not a memeber of a left leaning forum. But I know plenty of liberals at school so i have already asked them. So I have both sides covered. What i usually find is that 8th graders think like their parents or at the very least just repeat what they hear at home. I been doing this a long time, I never influence my students. We gather what has been discussed and the real lesson is called "dedecting bias" ..we find what sources are biased from both sides.

cantexian and Shocker99 like this.
  5. Wedes

Wedes Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I appreciate that. I have no problems with kids just saying their parents opinion. They are kids and should be influenced by their parents at this age.

I will offer my opinion on Afghanistan. I spent well over three years of my life there. I was there under bush, Obama, trump and Biden (I was part of the retrograde and played a big part of shutting down one of the major airfields there. I was actually last American on the ground.) Biden definitely shares a lot of blame, but trump should be wearing a lot of the blame as well. His policy was to not engage the Taliban during the cease fire even while they broke all the rules. Sure we hit every once in a while but not much. We allowed them to build up and prepare for when we left. Biden took three months to figure out what he wanted to do and then changed our retrograde plan at the last second which caused people to be left. As far as equipment, no major American equipment (helos, weapons, nvgs) were left. The helos were Afghan Air Force helos, the rifles were Afghan army rifles. Taliban have had nvgs for a while bought off the internet and from the Iranians as well as captured from Afghan army. The hmmwvs were Afghans as well. We haven’t been using those for years over there.

Swamp Stalker and Shocker99 like this.
  6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Biden is at fault, as he said "The Buck stops with Me"

Who do I blame? The left, in its entirety.

From Hillary to Obama and AOC to Schumer. CNN to MSNBC and every news outlet in between. Where we stand today on all fronts is where they all promised we would be as they erased the "Orange Man Bad" policies.

They despised Trump so much they had no clue the end results to their early on actions.

We're living through Obama's 3rd term and Hillary's first at the same time. Biden is a scapegoat, nothing more and nothing less.

7. jgaudiojr

jgaudiojr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I like that you are asking the kids these questions. Critical thinking skills (which were highly preached during my curriculum) seem to have been abandoned. These children are forced propaganda and partisan talking points in the classroom. They are not allowed to critically dissect a topic, or issue and express their findings. Especially, if those findings are in opposition to the status quo. The important thing is to make sure these children understand the issue and can deduce their own opinion based on their own personal values and findings. The teacher cannot and should not begin a debate or rant on why they're wrong, regardless of their own beliefs. That's F***ing American.

8. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    yep, I just throw the ball out there and they play..they all have an open forum to express their thoughts. some do, some don't and some have no clue. But, at least I can bring it to light and they can run with what they want to run with

9. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    Where did Trump mess up?
    1. The wall
    2. Tax cuts
    3. Dealing with Russia
    4. His comments on twitter
    5. lifting regulations on businesses
    6. Leaving the Paris Agreement
    7. Did he do enough for minorities
    8. LGBTQ

10. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

oldnotdead and cantexian like this.
  11. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wasn't a democrat
    In Venatione Veritas

12. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    #4, I seriously think he would have destroyed Biden to the point potential cheating would not have mattered if he had just stayed off the twitfacespacegram.

13. steelhauler34

steelhauler34 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    He’s the current leader so the finger gets pointed for everything that happens under his watch. That’s how the world works. That’s why trump lost. Look at trumps last 8-9 months in office. The country went into utter chaos under his watch. Between covid and the whole explosion of racism he didn’t stand a chance. Luckily America voted a much better candidate in office in 2020

14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Imho
    1 no Wrt trying to stop illegal imigration, drugs, human traffic... Perhaps a fail as a statesman/salesman to 'sell it'.
    2. No, the economy was booming because of it... Companies were moving business back to the US...
    3. Unsure
    4. Yes - his kids and advisors should have provided advice, I don't see more pro to out weigh cons...
    5. Don't believe so. I think he was trying to get back to a constitutional limited fed.
    6. While I believe we have a stewardship responsibility, the Paris agreement has no teeth nor merit.
    7. Tricky... By doing enough, isn't that implicitly a degree of favoritism and possibly discriminatory... E.g. Eeo and other laws are intended to avoid favoritism on race. Having said that, there are disparities as metrics like unemployment, crime/incarceration, income, education and others reflect.
    8. See 7.

15. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think any "politics " should be even discussed in a classroom.!

16. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    I teach Civics. Part of the cirriculum is politics. In facty the last unit from the dept of ed is titled Political Parties. You have teach the system. You just can't express your opinion as the teacher.

Hotrod9 and Sota like this.
  17. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree.

I know my parents (we share total opposite views in politics) - may have thought differently about the man if he composed himself better when it came to social media. Some of the times he just made himself look like a total jacktwat. I feel Twitter may have been an okay thing if used differently - but he used it in a manner that I feel shouldn't have been done by a president (regardless if it was Trump or anyone else).

18. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Idk, sometimes I think why not Twitter. The left demonize anything they can with him and if the best they can do is a few abrasive tweets... Weak sauce
    In Venatione Veritas

19. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was okay with it - but I just feel to get the other party to view him differently the "mean tweets" were not the thing to do. Someone didn't like his opinion? Mean/blunt tweet it was. I don't know, I just feel that it could have been used in a better manner.

20. Vabowman

Dislikes Received:
    They didn't like him either way and would still hated, but the tweets didn't help