Joke of the day.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by grnhd, Apr 19, 2014.

1. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A father and son went fishing one day. While they were out in the boat, the boy suddenly became curious about the world around him. He asked his father, "How does this boat float?

The father replied, "Don't rightly know son." A little later, the boy looked at his father and asked, "How do fish breatnderwater?"

Once again the father replied, "Don't rightly know son." A little later the boy asked his father, "Why is the sky blue?"

Again, the father repied. "Don't rightly know son." Finally, the boy asked his father, "Dad, do you mind my asking you all of these questions?"

The father replied, "Of course not, you don't ask questions, you never learn nothin'."

elkguide and cantexian like this.
  2. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A doctor answers his phone and hears the familiar voice of a colleague on the other end of the line.
    ‘We need a fourth for poker,’ said the friend.
    ‘I’ll be right over,’ whispered the doctor.
    As he was putting on his coat, his wife asked, ‘Is it serious?’

‘Oh yes, quite serious,’ said the doctor gravely. ‘In fact, there are three doctors there already!’

elkguide, cantexian and wl704 like this.
  3. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    An ode to old age [​IMG]

There's quite an art to falling apart as the years go by,
    And life doesn't begin at 40. That's a big fat lie.
    My hair's getting thinner, my body is not;
    The few teeth I have are beginning to rot.

I smell of Vick's-Vapo-Rub, not Chanel # 5;
    My new pacemaker's all that keeps me alive.
    When asked of my past, every detail I'll know,
    But what was I doing 10 minutes ago?

Well, you get the idea, what more can I say?
    I'm off to read the obituary, like I do every day;
    If my names not there, I'll once again start -
    Perfecting the art of falling apart

elkguide likes this.
  4. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    An Alabama preacher said to his congregation, "Someone in this congregation has spread a rumor that I belong to the Ku Klux Klan.
    This is a horrible lie and one which a Christian community cannot tolerate.
    I am embarrassed and do not intend to accept this. Now, I want the party who did this to stand and ask forgiveness From God and this Christian Family."
    No one moved.
    The preacher continued, "Do you have the nerve to face me and admit this is a falsehood? Remember, you will be forgiven and in your heart you will feel glory. Now stand and confess your transgression."
    Again all was quiet.
    Then slowly, a drop-dead gorgeous blonde with a body that would stop traffic rose from the third pew. Her head was bowed and her voice quivered as she spoke, "Reverend there has been a terrible misunderstanding. I never said you were a member of the Ku Klux Klan. I simply told a couple of my friends that you were a wizard under the sheets."
    The preacher fell to his knees, his wife fainted, and the congregation roared!

picman likes this.
  5. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Taking his seat in his chambers, the judge faced the opposing lawyers.

"So," he said, "I have been presented, by both of you, with a bribe."

Both lawyers squirmed uncomfortably.

"You, attorney Leon, gave me $15,000. And you, attorney Campos, gave me $10,000."

The judge reached into his pocket and pulled out a check. He handed it to Leon. "Now then, I'm returning $5,000, and we're going to decide this case solely on its merits!"

elkguide, cantexian, Sota and 2 others like this.
  6. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A man’s car gets haunted by a ghost so he decided to go to a priest to get it removed.
    The priest performs the exorcism, and it works! He successfully removes the ghost from the car.

He says to the man “That’ll be $250.”

The man refuses to pay, and so a couple weeks later his car gets repossessed.

7. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Someone stole my dictionary. Now I'm at a loss for words

elkguide, The Old Man and wl704 like this.
  8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A woman decides to have a face lift for her 50th birthday. She spends $15,000 and looks sensational.
    On her way home, she stops at a news stand to buy a newspaper. Before leaving, she says to the clerk, ‘I hope you don’t mind my asking, but how old do you think I am?”.
    ‘About 32,’ is the reply.’
    ‘Nope! I’m exactly 50,’ the woman says happily.
    A little while later she goes into McDonald’s and asks the counter girl the very same question.
    The girl replies, ‘I’d guess about 29.’ The woman replies with a big smile, ‘Nope, I’m 50.’
    Now she’s feeling really good about herself. She stops at a candy shop on her way down the street.
    She goes up to the counter to get some mints and asks the assistant the same burning question.
    The clerk responds, ‘Oh, I’d say 30.’
    Again she proudly responds, ‘I’m 50, but thank you!’
    While waiting for the bus to go home, she asks an old man waiting next to her the same question.
    He replies, ‘Lady, I’m 78 and my eyesight is gone. Although, when I was young there was a sure-fire way to tell how old a woman was. It sounds very forward, but it requires you to let me put my hands under your bra. Then, and only then I can tell you EXACTLY how old you are.’
    She reluctantly agrees. He squeezes her breasts for about ten minutes and says, ‘Madam, you are 50.’
    Stunned and amazed, the woman says, ‘That was incredible, how could you tell?’
    ‘I was behind you at McDonalds’.

The Old Man, picman and Sota like this.
  9. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Why did the cowboy buy a dachshund?

Someone told him to get a long little doggy.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love that joke, I have told it a million times, sometimes it still makes me laugh when I say the punch line.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    An artist was commissioned to do a huge mural overlooking the battleground of Custer's last stand for a western museum. The artist took over a year to produce the work of art. The mural was hung and kept secret and covered till the big unveil. The big day the artist is there the whole museum board too even the mayor is there to view the big unveiling. The canvas is pulled back and you see the battle field except the whole field is covered with indians fornicating and in the middle there is a fish that looks like it is jumping out of the water and it has a halo over it's head. Of course everybody is appalled and disgusted, the curator rushes up to the artist and says what is this garbage, we asked for a perspective of what Custer saw right before his demise. The artist said it is clear what Custer saw and was thinking, the curator said what could it possible be? Holy mackerel that is a lot of F'ing indians, said the artist.

12. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Two elderly women were out driving in a large car. Both could barely see over the dashboard. As they were cruising along they came to an intersection. The stoplight was red but they just went on through. The woman in the passenger seat thought to herself "I must be losing it, I could have sworn we just went through a red light."
    After a few more minutes they came to another intersection and the light was red again and again they went right though. This time the woman in the passenger seat was almost sure that the light had been red but was really concerned that she was losing it. She was getting nervous and decided to pay very close attention to the road and the next intersection to see what was going on.
    At the next intersection, sure enough, the light was definitely red and they went right through and she turned to the other woman and said, "Mildred! Did you know we just ran through three red lights in a row! You could have killed us!"
    Mildred turned to her and said, "Oh, am I driving?"

elkguide, cantexian and Sota like this.
  13. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    In a certain suburban neighborhood, there were two brothers, 8 and 10 years old, who were exceedingly mischievous. Whatever went wrong in the neighborhood, it nearly always turned out they had had a hand in it. Their parents were at their wits' end trying to control them and after hearing about a priest nearby who worked with delinquent boys, the mother suggested to the father that they ask the priest to talk to them.
    The mother went to the priest and made her request. He agreed, but said he wanted to see the younger boy first and alone. So the mother sent him to the priest.

The priest sat the boy down across from the huge, impressive desk he sat behind. For about five minutes they just sat and stared at each other. Finally, the priest pointed his forefinger at the boy and asked, "Where is God?"

The boy looked under the desk, in the corners of the room, all around, but said nothing.

Again, louder, the priest pointed at the boy and asked, "Where is God?"

Again the boy looked all around but said nothing. A third time, in a louder, firmer voice, the priest leaned far across the desk and put his forefinger almost to the boy's nose, and asked, "Where is God?"

The boy panicked and ran all the way home. Finding his older brother, he dragged him upstairs to their room and into the closet, where they usually plotted their mischief and quickly said, "We are in big trouble!"

The older boy asked, "What do you mean, big trouble?"

His brother replied, "God is missing and they think we did it!"

14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There's an Air Force guy driving from McChord to Ft Lewis, and an Army guy driving from Ft Lewis to McChord.
    In the middle of the night with no other cars on the road they hit each other head on and both cars go flying off in different directions.

The Air Force guy manages to climb out of his car and surveys the damage.
    He looks at his twisted car and says, "Man, I am really lucky to be alive!"
    Likewise the Army guy scrambles out of his car and looks at his wreckage.
    He too says to himself, "I can't believe I survived this wreck!"

The Army guy walks over to the Air Force guy and says, "Hey man, I think this is a sign from God that we should put away our petty differences and live as friends instead of archrivals"
    The Air Force guy thinks for a moment and says, "You know, you're absolutely right! We should be friends.

Now I'm gonna see what else survived this wreck"
    So the Air Force guy pops open his trunk and finds a full, unopened bottle of Jack Daniels.
    He says to the Army guy, "I think this is another sign from God that we should toast to our new found understanding and friendship"

The Army guy replies, "You're damn right!" and he grabs the bottle and starts sucking down Jack Daniels. After putting away nearly half the bottle the Army guy hands it back to the Air Force guy and says, "Your turn!"
    The Air Force guy twists the cap back on the bottle and says, "Nahh, I think I'll wait for the cops to come."

elkguide, TJF, cantexian and 2 others like this.
  15. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

This is why it takes a higher ASVAB score to get in the Air force.

16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think I missed 1 or 2 questions on asvab. Nuke navy was chasing me in HS, we didn't have an AF recruiter. I also had a hole state reps that wouldn't write a letter for me as I briefly considered AF academy.

I have no regrets in my career decision. I do have respect for all our armed services divisions... But appreciate the humor from the crayon eaters to the space cadets.

17. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Overheard this exchange between a marine vet and an army vet on a previous contract.

Marine asks the army guy, Why do marines say hoorah and army guys say hooah?

Army guy, why?

Marine, cuz you can't pronounce the R with a pecker in your mouth. *walked out.

We all fell over laughing.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

wl704 and Fix like this.
  18. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    A man tried to sell me a coffin today.

I told him that’s the last thing I need!!

elkguide, picman, wl704 and 1 other person like this.
  19. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    I stopped at the local Burger King for a cold drink and was reading the menu over the counter. I noticed a sign to the side that stated "Picture Menu Available".

I had to ask the clerk what it was for and they told me that they had a number of customers who couldn't read and they used that.

Of course I asked how they would know this picture menu was available and the answer was the classic, "Well, it says so on the sign, doesn't it?"

picman, cantexian, elkguide and 2 others like this.
  20. The Old Man

Dislikes Received:
    Two guys are out hunting deer. The first guy says, "Did you see that?"

"No," the second guy says.

"Well, a bald eagle just flew overhead," the first guy says.

"Oh," says the second guy.

A couple of minutes later, The first guy says, "Did you see that?"

"See what?" the second guy asks.

"Are you blind? There was a big, black bear walking on that hill, over there."

"Oh."

A few minutes later the first guy says: "Did you see that?"

By now, the second guy is getting aggravated, so he says, "Yes, I did!"

And the first guy says: "Then why did you step in it?"

cantexian, elkguide and wl704 like this.