The rant thread...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by buckeye, Feb 3, 2013.

1. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Goin down there next week and they've changed the flights twice now. At this point who knows when leaving ha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My office girl, who is also a friend, got her nose pierced. Like a big ole bull ring.

I cannot keep my mouth shut, and I said, oh! you and Oscar (my bull) match! She laughed.

Oi vey. I am all about you doing you. But how unprofessional (in this field) in my opinion.

3. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just another passive-aggressive ploy.

Hey! Look at me!

What are YOU looking at?

virginiashadow and wl704 like this.
  4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, and don't you work in HR?

I can't (likely career limiting, if not a virtual call to a meeting) even vocalize observations or analogies like that in our company.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Had a jackass on the freeway on the way home give me the attempted road rage. I had a half mile of open lane behind me coming up on a semi and a car a good distance it. My cruise is set at 83 the clown in the car decides to pull into the left lane prematurely and leave his cruise set at the same speed. I did not even curse as I tapped the brakes and slowed down to 70. I maintained a distance between the car not tailgating and waited till we cleared the semi. I waited the guy was 4 car lengths in front of the semi and I still waited then said time to go and clear the zone, I go around on the right and the a-hole sped up thought he was going to block me. Sorry a-hole you can not keep up with a 5.3 V8 in a Nisan sedan. What is with people?

6. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Idiot drivers that interrupt the flow of traffic and take it upon themselves to direct traffic. On a double lane road I should add.

Last night we were going to the local Ziggys. It is 5:15 so lots of traffic. Wife was driving, I'm in the passenger seat and son is in the back seat. We turn into the right lane of a double lane road, speed limit 35 mph. Traffic in the left lane is backed up almost to the intersection where we turned onto the road clear up to the next light, but right lane is totally clear. Sam pulls into the right lane and away we go, we don't need the left lane for 3 miles. About halfway to the next light I notice that there is a car at the front of the left lane line that is just sitting even though the next light had turned and traffic in front of them was moving. Just as I'm starting to wonder why it is just sitting there a little white car comes shooting out right in front of us to turn into the Subaru dealership. Sam slams on the brakes and even swerved left once clear of the moron at the front of the left lane but we just can't miss the white car. Our right front clips the right rear of the white car. Tore up our bumper, headlight and brackets, marker light, fog light, dented front quarter panel, tore off the wheel well trim, and pushed the quarter panel back into the front passenger door and dinged it up too. Tore the whole rear bumper off the white car, smashed their tail light, and dented their quarter panel. Kind of a glancing blow though, not a real bad impact and none of us were injured.
    Good Samaritan that held up all the traffic behind her and waved the girl to go immediately speeds off of course.
    The little white car was a young college girl around 19, parts delivery driver for Napa. She had been in the turning lane waiting to turn and said the idiot (my word, not hers) in the left lane had just sat there after traffic ahead of her took off and kept waving her to go. Napa girl being a younger and inexperienced driver decided to trust her waving here through even though she couldn't see if the other lane was clear and went for it.
    This is why you just follow the flow of traffic and let others take care of getting where they need to go themselves. Napa girl got a citation and I'd imagine her job is at risk probably too. Bet she won't ever trust some idiot waving her to go again though.

7. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I am the business manager - she is one of my non-emergency billers but doubling as an EMT since we are so short staffed. But, either way, not cool in my book.

We even had this kind of discussion at our board meeting - we have to be a little lax due to the shortage of the workforce.

8. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Rave: I truly work with some brilliant, high IQ people.

Rant: How is it, they have such low EQ... Smh

picman, virginiashadow and cantexian like this.
  9. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I pulled up to the public land spot and some old marine was running his two dogs by the lake. His chocolate lab sprinted down the road to see me. Kept running back and forth while his owner called him. Then proceeded to put his two front paws on the front quarter panel of my new truck and slide back down to the ground. Ughhh. Scratches. But I couldn't even get mad at the old guy who was just trying to have a good day with his dogs. Didnt say a bad word to the old man even though those scratches killed me!

dnoodles, cantexian, Germ and 2 others like this.
  10. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think the scratches can be rubbed out. Try a good wax/cleaner.

virginiashadow likes this.
  11. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a moron, well lets make that 2 morons this morning. There was a flat bed tow truck in the lead, with a pick up behind and me behind them.

The tow truck is slowing down as if to make a turn but has no directional flashing. The pickup driver pulls into (without signaling) the on coming lane to pass. Tow truck starts to make a left turn. Whoa! Pick up driver swerves and is almost in the ditch-tow truck driver is on the horn. And they both flip each other off.

After the event, I thought damn, I could have made these two look pretty bad with my witness statement. And I WOULD have stayed to give it.

short69, cantexian and Sota like this.
  12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    FML very busy at work we have a big training here at work week after next, I am coordinating all the meals and set ups. I am headed out of town Monday to go to a conference I won't get home till after midnight Thursday then the next week I will be staying in the city all week. Sitting in my office this afternoon I get asked when do you fly out? I should have said tomorrow, nope just a little task before I head to Mississippi, I need to head down to Tampa to take care of some issues. I will land at Minneapolis Monday get to the airport go to my truck in the ramp and switch out luggage and head back into the airport to fly out.

13. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And you wonder why your blood pressure is whacky?

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lucky, you only saw 2

15. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hey on the bright side 2 trips I only have to make the drive to and from the airport once. It will also be my platinum flight when ever I check my bag they say thank you for being platinum I always say it is good to be platinum.

Bone Head Hunter likes this.
  16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This plan just begs the airlines to eff it up... Good luck!

virginiashadow, cantexian and Sota like this.
  17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I thought about modifying my trip to Mississippi and just flying from Tampa but would have to go thru Atlanta, Atlanta is notorious for luggage not making it to the connecting flight, plus I just hate Atlanta.

18. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Had a flight to Milwaukee from Colorado Springs. Being the poor military man I was, the cheapest route was through Atlanta. Travel agent says, you have 40 minutes to get from your landing gate to your loading gate on the other side of the airport. Don't use the moving sidewalk-you will never make it in time. This was about 1985.

Myself and my luggage did make it. When the man says to make it double time, you do it!

Sota likes this.
  19. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've done sprints through ATL, ORD, DTW, CLT... Probably others. Never fun, but far from my worst travel stories...

20. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Please please please bring back the preflight cocktail.

wl704 and dnoodles like this.