Who here gets the virus first?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Pissed wife has a coworker she works closely with that was exposed and thus my wife could possibly have been exposed.

2. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Through all of this - even though we've been exposed by multiple patients/employees/hospital staff, etc - our local Health Department had us continue working unless showing signs/symptoms due to being "front line". I would have been quarantined almost all year if I had to.

Yet, now we have our local [highschool] football team who is now all quarantined because the team they played last week had someone test positive. One. Double standards for all.

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The weirdos amongst us are growing rapidly

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Same here. Use us when all hell is breaking loose. Tell us to know the difference between covid symptoms, the common cold, and allergies so that we may still come to work "sick" but not with covid. Then change the game. If McAulife is elected Governor in VA we are in for a giant S storm. He will mandate the vaccine for every public employee.

5. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  6. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had to take our four-year-old to get tested today. Not becuase he is sick, we are convinced he picked up in daycare and brought it home to the rest two weeks ago, but because our idiot state health department said if we don’t get him tested, he has to quarantine until Oct 13. That is 10 days passed the end of quarantine for my other son’s end of quarantine.
    The four-year-old has been symptom free for almost a week now. Up yours government incompetence.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    dnoodles likes this.
  7. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  8. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My 83 year old grandma lives in an assisted living facility. Basically she has a room and they do the cooking and cleaning. Meals are normally served in a cafeteria and residents socialize and do as they please in the facility all day and are free to come and go as they please as well.
    When covid first took off, before there were vaccines, everyone in the facility was confined to their rooms. Meals were served to them in their rooms. They could go check out once a day to go for a walk, health screen both leaving and coming back in. Basically on house arrest. Drove her crazy, all of us spent quite a bit of time on the phone with her to help with her boredom.
    When the Moderna and pfizer vaccines came out and were first offered to elderly people my grandma got both shots (January or February I think?). Can't say which one she was given. When I asked if she got any symptoms from the shot she said she had zero reaction to either one of them and said her arm wasn't even sore. Tough old lady. So she got her shots around 7 to 8 months ago. Once everyone was vaccinated they were free to wander the facility again, socialize, and have meals together.
    Last week she started feeling like she was getting a cold. Of course they immediately tested her and it came back positive for covid. She had a runny nose, mild fever, and felt a bit tired for about 4 days. She was completely symptom free after the 4th day and said she felt 100% again. She was allowed, and went, for her daily walk even on the days she had her mild symptoms because that was the only time they'd let her leave her room.

I, too, feel that being mandated to have something injected into our body is a huge violation of our freedom and choice. There are too many in government that think we are all poor stupid mf's that need them to make our choices for us "for the greater good".
    I'm a grown a** adult that is perfectly capable of making my own choices about my life, thank you very much.
    Am I glad my grandma CHOSE to get the vaccine? Yep. It appears to have greatly reduced her symptoms when she actually got covid.
    I had covid last October. Strong symptoms. Got over it fine. A while back my wife and I made the decision to get the shots, before Biden's speech about mandating it. It was our choice to do so. It should not ever be a politician's choice. Even having chosen to get the shots for me personally, I will fully support that choice remaining a personal choice. The government is smoking some good s**t if they think it's okay to mandate something be injected into people's bodies against their will. That is very dangerous territory. Only a fool would think our government should be allowed to set such a precedent.

9. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Good read, Greg. Thanks for sharing.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    3714 new covid cases diagnosed yesterday in Minnesota. These numbers are as high or higher than the cases diagnosed per day before anybody had the vaccine. My wife's coworker has tested positive she got her shots the same day my wife did.

11. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thank God for the vaccine
    In Venatione Veritas

12. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to be pissed if my wife gets it. I do not have time to miss work.

13. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He can stuff any booster squarely up his Arse. That second Moderns was enough hell

Sota likes this.
  14. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Well, our medical director is out for great news again!

Medical exemption or religious exemption are not standing for being able to keep your job and not get the vaccine. HOW? The religious thing, whatever...I never would use that card since it does not apply to me. But, how can you go to a doctor, get medical exemption or have them saying it is not a good idea for you to get it, and not be able to go by that? HOW?!!!! This is all about power and it's sad.

Oh and yes - they're going to require the booster, too.

15. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    https://www.merck.com/news/merck-an...to-placebo-for-patients-with-mild-or-moderat/

Merck and Ridgeback’s Investigational Oral Antiviral Molnupiravir Reduced the Risk of Hospitalization or Death by Approximately 50 Percent Compared to Placebo for Patients with Mild or Moderate COVID-19 in Positive Interim Analysis of Phase 3 Study

Molnupiravir (MK-4482/EIDD-2801) is an investigational, orally administered form of a potent ribonucleoside analog that inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2, the causative agent of COVID-19. Molnupiravir has been shown to be active in several preclinical models of SARS-CoV-2, including for prophylaxis, treatment, and prevention of transmission. Additionally, pre-clinical and clinical data have shown molnupiravir to be active against the most common SARS-CoV-2 variants. Molnupiravir was invented at Drug Innovations at Emory (DRIVE), LLC, a not-for-profit biotechnology company wholly owned by Emory University, and is being developed by Merck & Co., Inc. in collaboration with Ridgeback Biotherapeutics. Ridgeback received an upfront payment from Merck and also is eligible to receive contingent payments dependent upon the achievement of certain developmental and regulatory approval milestones. Any profits from the collaboration will be split between the partners equally. Since licensed by Ridgeback, all funds used for the development of molnupiravir have been provided by Merck and by Wayne and Wendy Holman of Ridgeback.

Molnupiravir is also being evaluated for post-exposure prophylaxis in MOVe-AHEAD, a global, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase 3 study, which is evaluating the efficacy and safety of molnupiravir in preventing the spread of COVID-19 within households. For more information, please visit http://merckcovidresearch.com.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Our company was early to mandate (jab our exemption, or else... Initially holding bonus/raise $... Later a job condition)... But at least allowed the exemptions.

17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Can you imagine that you stated that you would not hire an individual because of their religion. That is exactly what this is. This is not America.

cantexian and arrowflinger1 like this.
  18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Rand Paul lit up Biden's secretary of health and human services today it was awesome.

19. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Therea a local employer here that has right on their ad "if not vaccinated will not be considered for employment."

In other news got into work yesterday and one side of the manufacturing floor was shut down. At first thought everyone quit or called in, wouldn't have been a surprise. Nope one of the guys testes positive so they sent everyone home. Word is may be couple days or up too a week before anyone will be back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

20. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Sadly, I agree. Our board doesn't want to mandate it - but if the state comes through, we have no choice. We're too small to try and fight it and we definitely cannot afford the fines.