***Official Live From the Stand Thread 2021

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Swamp Stalker, Jun 22, 2021.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Deer apalooza here. 15 I could count, buck grunting out of sight, deer movement off farm field. Great encounter with 4 mature doe across gully from me. But they got my scent stream on other ridge. All of the ones I could count filed past and or under a blind and 3 other stands. Had one young buck nose to ground dogging the last group that went by
    GREAT OPENING MORNING! Old phone just couldn't get her not straddling two trees. Enlarged you can just make out her body. She so wanted to come back this,side of gully but couldn't decide. Left scent all over the place though
    20211001_074459.jpg 20211001_074448.jpg 4

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  2. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    3 of us in the woods and nothing seen so far.

Wait, a little die just popped out.

3. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Just glassed my cowpeas. Stripped leaves last night. That explains the lead does actions...headed home at 9a.m. this morning. I have a crow trying to sound like a buck driving me crazy, hhmmm maybe a chipper. Wow I hate chippers. The entire wood lot is singing.

4. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing for me so far giving it another half hour. Have to work this afternoon. I'll be back out tomorrow. I did cross a couple fresh ground scrapes on the way in. Like OND said lots of chipmunks out. Here's my view. Good luck to all who are out. 1633091789204.jpeg

Sent from my Z719DL using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

5. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting off this logging road here in the big timber…

0DA2FA54-B5DF-475E-9620-5B89FF5E7DCD.jpeg

6. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    From my observation they do check them but they don’t go right to them everytime, they just go on downwind side and see if anything hit them. If they smell something different they’ll go to the scrape and work it. Then on the other hand I had them come straight to the scrapes in pa and Ohio and I shot them, just depends I guess. Damn deerz haha

7. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My view into the swamp, which is mainly dry right now[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

8. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Makes sense. It’s also not really peak scrape season if you will… But this marks 2 October 1 hunts in a row in this same stand where I’ve seen bucks (3 to be exact) take an almost identical travel pattern and miss checking this scrape - it’s not out of the way or anything and I get plenty of pictures on it.

Makes me appreciate that trail cameras don’t always tell the full story - they miss a lot and f things!

JeffC, oldnotdead and MUDSHARK like this.
  9. sycamoretwitch

Dislikes Received:
    Jim this was as dry of an August and September in Indiana as I can recall - same for you?

Looking like decent rain here in Terre Haute tomorrow and Sunday. Good luck buddy.

vermontwhitetail likes this.
  10. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing here so far. Spot has been hot. Other spot I thought of hunting had 4 does on it about 15 minutes ago. Sometimes cell cams just suck.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

11. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck everyone. Today is opener in illinois but i wont be out until monday.

oldnotdead and vermontwhitetail like this.
  12. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My cameras in MD and PA are filling up with does this morning and some bucks as well.... cant wait for the PA opener tomorrow, I am on a doe only mission since I have the lottery hunt coming up and only one PA buck tag per year... Im sure I will have a buck infront of me sometime before the lotto hunt and have to pass on them

13. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    It was somewhat dry in August but the rain really turned on here in the past couple of weeks. As a matter of fact, I came into this spot where I'm sitting this morning about three weeks ago to check a camera. This morning it looked completely different with all the undergrowth that has sprung up since I was here last. Supposed to rain here tomorrow and Sunday

sycamoretwitch and oldnotdead like this.
  14. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LFTS would not load for me this AM after my 0530 check in. In the stand about 0550. Something under me as I was setting up. Walked right by the base of the tree. Single deer, probably a Buck, but couldn't make it out nor shoot till 0630. Haven't seen anything else since then. Getting down. Putting up a new set early afternoon and will hunt it this evening. Shed some blood!

15. pastorjim08

Dislikes Received:
    My butt just informed my brain that it forgot my seat cushion this morning. My butt's not too happy about it

Wop 75, cantexian, MUDSHARK and 5 others like this.
  16. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    the dude who does the Whitetail Properties videos says that early October is best time to hunt community scrapes. There's a community scrape on the property I hunt in MI that gets hammered the first week of October every year but then dries up. It's closer to camp so I let the old guys hunt it.

17. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Live from the breakfast bar- Good luck all you opening day assassins!
    going to be 85 today, so doing some fall yard and exterior housework. Effing city permit didnn't come through in time to get my asphalt driveway in this week, too bad because it was perfect weather for that; not so much for catching deers.

vermontwhitetail and oldnotdead like this.
  18. snuff

snuff Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  19. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Finally back home, got stuck in the tree waiting for at least one doe and a set of tiny spotted fawn to walk by up behind me. That makes 18 different countable deer and severAl bodies that I glimpsed coming off the farmers hay field. That field BTW he killed off 1/3 that hay. A 1/2 mile x 100ft section or about a 1/3 of the field. Directly in front of the gypsy blind. That didn't keep deer from filing down through my woods past that blind. ..A good indication of pressure from camps above our place. To be honest it was so quiet this morning before good light I swear I heard the distinct sound of a crossbow up that way. Granted illegal right now, wouldn't surprise me there is a stand sitting right on the corner of 3 properties from the camp up there.
    Anyhooo...this was one of the best opening bow I've had in several years...Gosh thanks to cams I thought no deer were travelling our place right now. If only I can make it down the drive without getting announced to the entire hill on morning hunts.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    Wop 75, cantexian, MUDSHARK and 4 others like this.
  20. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Yep...know that feeling...plus back is saying WTH this isn't comfy,I'm angry...