what is this odd place I am living in?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Vabowman, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As I walk through the halls my school and into my classroom the sights I see are baffling. Boys look like girls, girls look like boys, some I just can't honestly tell.. Boys are growing their hair so long and covering their face they truly look like the character from the Munsters I think it was. Boys crying, girls calling them out, teachers are freely hanging rainbow flags in their class rooms and wear rainbow masks... Girls that say they do not have shave their legs to conform to society and claim they are "pan-sexual" and at times fluid??? Parents calling the principal on me because I asked a kid if he had a headache or fever because he was sneezing and nose running so it is asked of me to check on them and then the parent said his kid would be bullied now.... wtf? this ain't the Old South I grew up in that's for sure...I am in the twilight zone

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's crazy. And it's only getting worse

In Venatione Veritas

virginiashadow and oldnotdead like this.
  3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I remember my mother commenting about the direction she saw our country moving (1940s-1980s) in a negative light.

Look, we've become our parents.

Germ likes this.
  4. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When computers first came online so many years ago hubby said this:
    " Computers will be the down fall of this country,maybe the world."
    Without computer technology there would never have been social media.

5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, but chain letters have fallen off dramatically.

Computers have also increased opportunities (e.g.distance learning, access to all sorts of info/data, collaboration), economic benefits for companies (Rev increases, cost decreases)...

And ya, many negatives as well.

TJF likes this.
  6. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    All great things until the collapse of society.
    All great things until disasters or one major event collapse the electrical grid and your left with a population of idiots. The problem with everything available at the tip of a finger, you developed a brain that isn't developed for survival. It's full of useless info that isn't trained to retain info because...info is just a finger tip away.
    Have you ever been in a Wal-Mart or Sam's club in a power outage? Have you payed cash and need change? Holy hell! It's simple math, please!

7. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sitting at home working which is awesome, my daughter has opportunities her grandmothers and mother never had.

I can punch an address in my phone and take me there
    I have a camera in the woods sending my pictures
    [​IMG]

I can and do pay all my bills electronically
    I have opportunities to make wealth my grandparents never did
    I can have my own podcast, produce my own tv show and distribute my own content without publishers.

It's a fantastic time to live and in 8 days I'll be hunting

8. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Like I said
    All great ...Until.....

9. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My little cousin tried to overdose on pills a couple weeks ago. Her Mom (my first cousin) - never seen it coming. I took one look at the girls TikTok and was not surprised. The public is pushing the gender thing so much that I truly think little cousin is confused on what she wants....because it's what you see everywhere You see it on social media (which IMO is a HUGE negative effect on these children). You see it on the news....on television. You hear about it at school. It's talked about at the doctor. It's crazy. Add is the sexuality part. These kids with mental instability are so confused.

The saddest part - she was committed to the mental rehab part of the hospital. Her Mom asked if she could continue her school while there (it's her senior year) - they asked what school district, she told them and they're like "oh, we're totally familiar with their system". What is going on in this day and age?!

This is what makes me not want children. I don't want to raise them in this "new world".

oldnotdead likes this.
  10. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    That like was only for you seeing what's happening
    I hope all turns out well.

11. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Germ, yes, they are all great conviences and the opportunities are better than the genration before....however, it does come at a cost... if you don't believe it, look at the nuclear family of yesteryear and look at today. a society that is rotting from the inside out.

cantexian and oldnotdead like this.
  12. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Rome, Greece, Egypt, and many prior empires didn't have computers, and fell...I expect the EU and the US to fall eventually...i don't believe computers would be any more of a contributor as the combustion engine, electricity or other forms of communications (like phones)...

People are the root cause, not the (unsupervised) technology, at this point.

And yeah Walmart is a train wreck...always had been, which is why those with means, increasingly, don't shop there.

cantexian likes this.
  13. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^This

14. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I only recently reconnected with them. The daughter just moved back in with mom at the beginning of summer. She hated her Mom for her mom disciplining and being "strict". So she went and moved in with her Dad. Dad is into drugs. Told the daughter she can do drugs but only if it was with him. Daughter called Mom crying wanting to home - so she did (and reports were filed). She got a job and was doing well. Then this.

I looked up her accounts on social media (after my fire department transported her to hospital), all set to public (:rolleyes:) and seen what was going on. I sent it to her Mom - her Mom had NO idea half the social media things existed.

Their whole household will be getting counseling starting this week. Hopefully it helps all.

oldnotdead likes this.
  15. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What am I supposed to look at?

"Since 2000, California, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, and Minnesota have stopped reporting divorce rates, but it's still clear that the number of divorces is declining all over the US. By 2010, the rate of divorces dropped to 3.6 for every 1,000 people, and in 2017 the rate reached 2.9 with only 787,251 divorces — the lowest it's been since 1968. "

Divorces are on the decline, my parents have been divorced twice each, their kids 0

61 years combined so far today, tomorrow will take what it comes.

Pinky Pony is sad and I hope she gets the help she needs. I had a long talk with my daughter about tik toc and telling her once it's out on the internet, it's there forever. The best thing is that girl can't dance at all, so I think that saves her from the craze.

I also monitor and both my kids knew I was watching where they go on the internet. every morning I get a report.

I myself use tic toc, being my work advertises on it and I have got some fantastic recipes from a few people I follow.

Social media is like anything else it can and is demonized but use the tool correctly worlds of opportunities open up. No different than the gun debate, it's not the gun is the people using the gun that is the issue.

Wake up tomorrow and walk through that school and look for the good, bad has always been there, but we do not need to look at it.

Saturday at the soccer game my son got heckled by other teams' players because his mom is a teacher at that school, he did not react he just played his game. I might not have acted that way and punched them, he just ignored them and played soccer and they won. I ask him if it pissed him off, he said "Dad what they say or do does not matter, I know who my mother is and what a great teacher she is" He sure the hell did not get that from me.

In 8 days I return to the woods
    My son is a sophomore in HS and has a GPA 3.6 and all A's so far today. He also starts on the Varsity Soccer and Basketball Team
    My Daughter is a Junior at MSU on the Dean list and loving life right now.
    My wife and I are 24 years married and still enjoy each other's company.
    I work for a great company, it's french, but they are fantastic
    I have two great dogs

Could I look at the negative, sure and there is plenty of it, but I get this one life and I have decided to enjoy every minute of it.

Did I mention I am hunting in 8 days this guy showed up on my Dad's camera, target acquired

upload_2021-9-23_10-41-29.png

“Live life to the fullest and focus on the positive.”

Okiebob, picman, PinkPony and 3 others like this.
  16. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I just want to hunt, fish, and eat vanilla ice cream..sue me

17. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I will, Mint Chocolate Chip is far superior and to suggest otherwise is libel.

Mod-it, JeffC and virginiashadow like this.
  18. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Special announcement. Add in one scoop of rainbow sherbet to your mint chocolate chip ice cream. I did it by accident one time and bam..awesome!

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  19. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll take the libel...blech. Look, the industry can't even decide if it should be dyed green or not... Smh.

OTOH, Vanilla (with real bean), strawberry, peach or a cappuccino chip...mmmm

cantexian and virginiashadow like this.
  20. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dyed green at Baskin Robbins because that was how I liked it when I was a kid. Not dyed if it is from the grocery store.

Vanilla ice cream on peach cobbler is great. Peach flavored ice cream is for people without taste buds. :tu: