Bowteck

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by penrosepete, Sep 22, 2021.

1. penrosepete

penrosepete Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Is it safe to turn my Bowteck down to 45# it is a 50-60? I haven't been shooting in quite a while and it is a little too heavy. I will be 90 in Feb. and want to start shooting again.

2. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will give input, but i believe a bows limb bolt only have so many "turns".
    you might try googling your specific bow for that, or you could actually email bowtech and ask how many turns would be safe on your bow.

and you can only start to count your turns by putting the bolts all the way in, tightened

3. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    @NebMo Hunter is exactly correct.
    Most bows have specific instructions in the manual that comes with them about how many turns you can safely back the limb bolts out.
    If you don't have a manual, post what model of Bowtech you have and we can help look it up.
    In most cases a bow can only be turned down about 10 lbs. So your bow with 60 lbs limbs will likely only be able to be turned down to 50 lbs. There are other ways to manipulate poundage though, a bow shop could help. Untwisting the cable to make the axle to axle longer than spec and adding twists to the string to shorten it will reduce poundage as well.
    But let us know what model you have and we can look up how many turns is safe.

4. penrosepete

penrosepete Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It is a bowteck carbon icon

5. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    the attached says bow has 10 pounds of adjustability, each full turn is about 3 pounds, that means if you tighten the limb bolts all the way in, you have to be safe 3 turns to reduce draw weight

so if you have a 60 pound bow, you could get it to about 50

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  6. JoshKeller

JoshKeller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not going to condone or take blame, but if you have or have access to a press, I've taken limb bolts and went to fastenal and gotten longer limb bolts to lower poundage down on the wife's bow and it's been fine for several years.