The Orion Syndicate (#12) - 2020 & 2021 Champions

Discussion in '2022 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Brett Smith

Brett Smith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have no doubt Chief will hammer something
    Just curious Chief still use earth scent cover spray ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LittleChief likes this.
  2. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I use it during the early season.

Nothing has walked by yet. I know that this early in the season if a buck hasn’t come by he’s not going to.

I’m going to sit until about 9:30. The moon is supposed to be overhead from about 8:00 to 9:00.

3. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I also just picked up a couple of bags of winter rye. It seems to be pretty drought tolerant and the deer will dig through the snow to get to that stuff. We are so dry here that I decided to over-seed a spot or two with some of it.

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well some of you are facebook friends and saw...ran to property to fertilize plots and pull some cards....someone stole 5 good cameras and a few junk or dummy ones - somewhere between $750-$900 in value. Needless to say I'm embarrassed to even acknowledge the amount of blood red rage I've been dealing with since yesterday afternoon.

They did miss one camera which got photos of them. Compiling everything and will be filing and discussing with local law enforcement today or tomorrow (depends when they can meet and discuss).

Will keep you guys posted.

5. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    That really sucks Ty. I despise thieves.

I hope you can figure out who they are.

6. Brett Smith

Dislikes Received:
    Provide your local LE agency as many serial numbers as you can. The standard make, model and serial number will go a long way into the investigation. If the local agency does not have "leadsonline" let me know and I can search pawn shops nationwide for you.

farmer rick and LittleChief like this.
  7. Mudlake3

Mudlake3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hope the Leo's are able to catch them and you can get your stuff back

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

8. farmer rick

farmer rick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks Ty, sure hoping you get them charged and get your stuff back.

9. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I freaking hate trespassers and thieves. My original farm was named STFO Ranch. (Stay the F out) The best part, my wife named it. She gets even more upset than I do when we have any issues with trespassers. lol

10. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Some cooler temps have really gotten the game moving during daylight. They are pounding this grassy field of clover. I need to tear this patch up next spring early and get it reseeded.
    959947331.jpg

farmer rick and LittleChief like this.
  11. Brett Smith

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    In my driveway this morning
    They are just teasing me

fletch920, LittleChief and ash d like this.
  12. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    :lol:

13. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    More bad news...so the one main property we have to hunt till firearms season is now **** on opening weekend. Owner called my dad and wanted to let us know his grandson is having a camp out in the woods October 2nd and 3rd....opening weekend. His son knows full well we bow hunt and that is opening weekend.

Same grandson that put a stand up right in the middle of a small access road plot we have worked to get growing (old farm road)...

The day we are told we cannot hunt is something I feel gets closer every single day.

14. Brett Smith

Dislikes Received:
    Damn Ty
    If it weren’t for the bad luck you’d have no luck

15. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    We've never said anything to the landowner or pushed him about his grandson but his grandson really is a POS. Kid has been caught on camera constantly and even in person tearing through food plots we plant (owner wants us to even) with his truck or four wheeler.....grandson has hunted during firearms without orange caught on camera, brought a friend of his without his grandpa's (landowner) permission....took firearms season from us completely...and now late archery until he tells his grandpa he is done.

We for years have assisted around the farm whenever and wherever the farmer needs help (because his grandkids, this highschool one especially NEVER help): plant an apple tree every other year for them at our cost with fencing and posts, plant numerous plots which sometimes the owner hunts come gun season some years not, keep trails mowed and cleared (he loves driving his kubota around the farm), have helped bail hay, load pigs for slaughter, and give them all the trail camera pictures as they love those, christmas gifts, birthday gifts, custom stone engraved rock when his brother died for him.....

All to just slowly be crapped on each year a little more and more....I don't have many places to hunt which makes us stay quiet...but I'm about done caring if I lose another spot.

16. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe if you leave that place the grandson will In a year or 2. I’m sure the hunting will decline without all the hard work you put in. Maybe he won’t hunt there anymore and then you get back in. Tough decision.

17. Team Haastyle

Team Haastyle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear man! I would have a tough time doing the work to have it crapped on all the time. You dang well too that if you left that the grandson would just let it go to hell. No pride or respect in anything anymore with these kids. Hoping all works out for you buddy!

18. Team Haastyle

Team Haastyle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Going to be a tough opening weekend as my mind is not in a great place. My wife and I just found out that our puppy (11 months old) has developed blinding cataracts and also has a severe heart defect. Essentially would cost 10k to maybe fix the eyes. So sadly we will have to weigh out our options of how to handle from here as that is a high price to pay on an animal. Hate having something like this on the mind when in the stand, but hoping the tree stand therapy helps. The bright side is the breeder has kept their word with a health guarantee so will be getting another puppy come this winter/spring.

MIHOYT89 likes this.
  19. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love animals but I couldn’t imagine laying 10k down. I have a hard time w/anything over $500. Best of luck with your decision and enjoy the tree time.

fletch920 likes this.
  20. farmer rick

farmer rick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ty sure sounds like their taking advantage of you. Maybe talk to the owner and make it more of a business deal. Instead of gifts and helping him out with everything ask him him if he'd like some kind of a lease deal. Your already spending money on gifts and helping him with his work. You would have some leverage then when the kid wants things his way. Hope things work out for you.