Team 3 - Team 3reeTrunks

Discussion in '2021 Deer Contest' started by dnoodles, Aug 29, 2021.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hadn't heard of Cruzr before...nice platform. I like the angled front edge concept. I can definitely see how that'd be more comfie than a 100% flat platform.

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    2 weeks from tomorrow we leave for our Colorado elk hunt and I'm finally starting to get jacked up. If you guys haven't watched THP's Wyoming elk hunts from last year, you should do yourself a favor and check them out. Some of the coolest elk hunting footage I've ever seen. If that doesn't get you pumped, nothing will!

As for "deer stuff", I don't have a whole lot going on. I'm getting pics of a big 7-year-old buck on my home farm, but that's nothing new. He usually sticks around during August and September and then bails out once October comes, not to be seen again until Jan or Feb. Last year he did show up in late December, but I was tagged out and couldn't hunt him. I'm hoping we get some cool weather the first few days of October as that's probably my best chance at him.

Pics are junk since they are low-res from my cell cam, but you get the idea.

IMG_7462.JPG

Outside of that, I have a nice 5 year old on my lease that's been around for at least 3 years now. He was a dandy typical 10 point as a 3 year old, but got some sort of injury or cyst on his jaw that winter. He survived but his right side was super stunted last year so I didn't even both trying to hunt him. This year he's back to a full rack and looking pretty good. For now, he's the only buck on that farm I'm interested in shooting. Although we usually have a few more show up once we get into mid-late October.

IMG_7558.JPG

Now that the velvet is off the boys are starting to pack on some lbs. Won't be long now!

3. AL fulldraw

AL fulldraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The platform is nice but the saddle has a adjustable pleat on the back that is very comfortable. Before I purchased the Cruzr I tried on tethered and another company called T5. The Cruzr by far was the most comfortable to me.

4. Gabilgerat

Gabilgerat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well Im all packed n ready to head to the farm on Friday morn. I gotta a light day of work tomorrow, a little more grocery shopping to do and I have to buy a battery for the Side x side , It decided to die the week before the season opens:rant:. My opener is Saturday morn and I cant wait to get in the stand, Ill post on the live from the stand thread. :bow:

Justin and AL fulldraw like this.
  5. AL fulldraw

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome!! What part of Georgia is your farm in?

6. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I watched those videos and also watched the Born and Raised Outdoors side of those same hunts. Really awesome hunting by those guys. They grinded the whole time. Definitely deserved some good luck.

I leave for Colorado on Saturday the 11th. I can't get my head focused on work. So ready to get up in the mountains.

I don't have much on camera on my whitetail lease but it changes once the rut gets close. I have lots of doe bedding and ag fields so the boys will come cruising.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

7. rednas5

rednas5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

I'm about 10 minutes away from turning off my work computer, kissing the lady goodbye and driving 20 hours to Montana to elk hunt for 10 days. Not looking forward to the drive and I'm really curious how the fires will impact the area but I'm up for the challenge. Hopefully between the 5 of us we'll connect on one. This is our first time in this area but have intel from a couple locals that no longer hunt about what to expect. If I'm lucky enough I'll send updates.

Hammer1171, dnoodles, WakeCow and 2 others like this.
  8. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dang....some of those might be hard to pass up when you are in the stand....some nice lookers

Sent from my SM-N960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

dnoodles likes this.
  9. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck! Keep us posted on how it's going (if you can). When I was in Wyoming the smoke from the MT fires was bad. We couldn't see anything, but it did make for some pretty sunsets.

rednas5 and Junior like this.
  10. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Ill be living vicariously through you...just saying (Good luck and safe travels! )

11. Gabilgerat

Dislikes Received:
    Its In Middle Ga just NW of Macon , Jasper county near Monticello Ga. Looks like a nice weekend coming up, A little warm but thats September in the south east. Only thing that Im not looking forward to is the east wind thats forecasted for Saturday, , I dont have a options for a east wind at My property so Ill prob be hunting at My club

AL fulldraw likes this.
  12. AL fulldraw

Dislikes Received:
    I’m just one state over. Good luck. I’m getting jealous a little over a month away before I can get in a tree!

13. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just returning to civilization after a week chasing elk in Montana.

I had a lone shot at a cow early in the week, clipped a branch and missed. Lots of fun, and a great bugle-palooza night last night with 3 or 4 bulls around us in a valley going nuts for about 2 hours... Unfortunately we were set for an ambush on a lone bull we had an encounter with earlier in the week. This morning we made plays on 2 of the bulls we heard in the morning...lots of miles, lots of elevation, only a close encounter with a cow today.

Smoke played no role in changing animal behavior. We caught occasional smells of smoke most of the week, but the last couple days a haze really set in which impacted visibility and magnetic temps a bit. Ymmv, we only had 4 or 5 fires burning within 100 miles of us...

Now the 33 drive home with empty coolers.

rednas5, Junior, WakeCow and 2 others like this.
  14. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    like the hunt but sorry going home w/no meat. At least you got the memories.

They defeated that bill that reqs non-residents to have a licensed guide, right?

15. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sitting in Dallas-Fort Worth airport now, waiting on a connecting flight to Colorado. Guide says the heat shut things down but today was supposed to be a 10 degree drop in temps. Heading into camp on Monday. Fingers crossed they get turned back on.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Junior and dnoodles like this.
  16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    For MT they had many asnine bills introduced and shut down this year. WY still requires a guide for wilderness land.

17. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Feeling the winds of change every morning here. It’s not going to be long !

18. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    just looking out the back patio, the mulberry tree out back is turning yellow. Wasn't like that 2 days ago.

19. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Installed a new water hole, did a camera pull and cursed whomever stole one of my cameras....gosh that pisses me off....its private property, someone most likely figured they were caught on camera trespassing & takes the entire camera...really?! If you need to take something to conceal your dirty little deed then take the camera card! Leave my damn cameras alone! Never had an issue before...suspect its the new people who just bought house & property to the north. Debating if I should show up there in my work attire....OK, rant over.... 20210912_122247.jpeg 20210912_102253.jpeg 20210911_135548.jpeg

20. Gabilgerat

Dislikes Received:
    well opening weekend was fun, saw a doe yesterday right before dark and a doe n fawn this morn. No bucks seen , did pull a few cards and got a big 8 point on the feeder last night

dnoodles and Junior like this.